Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jabby8934

Just Got Hacked!

Question

Hey whats going on people. Guess what. I JUST GOT HACKED! I thought it would never happen to me but it did. So let me explain what happened.

I was in Seers Village training fletching when this person I didn't know asked me what I was doing. I was a little suspicious because I was in a quick chat world where almost no one talks to each other. I told him I was fletching and he said to meet him on his world. Now I was really suspicious but I thought what the heck (big mistake). He was on a f2p world so I had to teleport to varrock and then I logged out into the lobby and when I went to go to his world, it said my account hadn't logged out from its previous session. So then I kept trying but the same message came up. I tried logging out then logging in but it said my account hadn't logged out from its previous session. Then I thought, oh **** I think I just got hacked. It was around ten minutes before I could log in and when I logged in, I was in lumbridge. That is when I knew for sure I was hacked because I had logged out in Varrock. I went running to my bank, and sure enough, all of my money was gone and all of my lobsters and maple logs were gone. I had only 77k cash in my bank, but I had over 5m in lobsters and over 100k in maple logs. I may not sound like a lot to you, but it was all I had. IM BROKE! :( I don't know what to do now. Im bad at making money and I dont have any starting money.

I havent given my personal information out (password, email, etc.) so I dont know how I was hacked. My question is, should I be worried about my accounts safety? Im going to change my password straight away try to sort out what to do next. I would really appreciate any help you can give me (money making tips, what to do next, etc.)

DONT FALL INTO THIS TRAP!!!!!!! I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS A NEW HACK THAT WAS JUST CREATED, OR HAS BEEN IN USE FOR A LONG TIME. DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES THAT I HAVE!!!!

His RSN: trevsP U R E

I tried reporting him but I couldn't because there was no chat that proves he hacked, and I never knew where he was so I couldn't right click report him.

HELP ASAP!!!!!!

-jabby8934

Most likely you've already been phished/keylogged before that guy messaged you. Have you visited any suspicious websites in the past few weeks?

He wanted you to log out because one account can't be logged on to 2 computers at once.

Most likely you've already been phished/keylogged before that guy messaged you. Have you visited any suspicious websites in the past few weeks?

He wanted you to log out because one account can't be logged on to 2 computers at once.

Not at all. That's why I'm dumbfounded as to how I got hacked.

You can't get 'hacked' so to speak. The only way someone can get onto your account is if they know your password, whether it be someone irl that you told or guessed, or some random through a keylogger.

It is also possible they ran through passwords case by case (id est trying every combination possible). I doubt they'd do this for an account such as yours (no offense :().

You can't get 'hacked' so to speak. The only way someone can get onto your account is if they know your password, whether it be someone irl that you told or guessed, or some random through a keylogger.

As I said, ive never told anyone my password

It is also possible they ran through passwords case by case (id est trying every combination possible). I doubt they'd do this for an account such as yours (no offense :().

Exactly. Why can't they just go hack some billionaire or something.

It is VERY unlikely that they have done this. It is extremely time consuming and they WOULD without a doubt research the account before doing such.

Well, you must have a keylogger, or your password is easy to guess.

As I said, my password would have been hard to guess as it meant something personal to me. And I dont know what a keylogger is. :D

As I said, my password would have been hard to guess as it meant something personal to me. And I dont know what a keylogger is. :D

Software, that sends input into your client back to whoever. Id est, a program that tells the "hacker" your password.

A keylogger is a program that you've either intentionally downloaded thinking it was something else, or something you accidentally downloaded without realising. It logs your keystrokes into your keyboard, and sends them back to whoever owns the keylogger. So basically, if you type your password, then someone else can find out what it is.

Someone has no bank pin...

Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss.

One time I saw this program that was supposed give you god hits or something, I gave it my brothers pass that he never uses and that low life stole his 12k bank... (I never trusted it, just testing :(. Don't I worry replaced his money).

Did u have a bank pin?

This wouldn't/couldn't have happened if you did..

That probably would have helped :D Currently making money to replace what I lost. Donations accepted! (just joking)

I think the only reason I didn't have a bank pin was because I'm too lazy to enter it every single time I open my bank (like when i'm fletching or training a skill in which I use my bank a lot.

Oh well, i'm an idiot. :(

Did u have a bank pin?

That probably would have helped :D Currently making money to replace what I lost. Donations accepted! (just joking)

I think the only reason I didn't have a bank pin was because I'm too lazy to enter it every single time I open my bank (like when i'm fletching or training a skill in which I use my bank a lot.

Oh well, i'm an idiot. :(

You actually only need to enter your bank pin once, when you first use your bank/other pin-requiring activities after logging in.

1) Bank Pin

2) If you don't what a keylogger is, you probably got one. Download ANYTHING RuneScape related? Vist ANY RuneScape site? besides, you know, sals, rs home page, rs wiki, rhq, zybez tipit etc.

Edited by Pianist

Did you get an email from Jagex, and follow the link they gave you?

I think this happened...

1) Bank Pin

2) If you don't what a keylogger is, you probably got one. Download ANYTHING RuneScape related? Vist ANY RuneScape site? besides, you know, sals, rs home page, rs wiki, rhq, zybez tipit etc.

Not that I can recall.

Why would Jagex send me an email?

1) Bank Pin

Not that I can recall.

They wouldn't, but scammers impersonate them in phishing attempts.

Did u have a bank pin?

That probably would have helped :P Currently making money to replace what I lost. Donations accepted! (just joking)

Oh well, i'm an idiot. :D

You actually only need to enter your bank pin once, when you first use your bank/other pin-requiring activities after logging in.

I wish I knew that before (face-palm) :(

1) Bank Pin

Not that I can recall.

They wouldn't, but scammers impersonate them in phishing attempts.

No, I haven't recieved any emails from Jagex

Yea, through 256 bit encryption and 5 login attempts every 5 minutes... dictionary attacks are woefully outdated; no one would even think of using one.

My one question is this: have you watched any livestreams, played any private servers, downloaded any runescape related 3rd party software, or clicked allow on any applet having to do with runescape within the past month? Given how bad your account is, you didn't get recovered; too much effort for 5m. That only leaves RATs and keyloggers.

Yea, through 256 bit encryption and 5 login attempts every 5 minutes... dictionary attacks are woefully outdated; no one would even think of using one.

My one question is this: have you watched any livestreams, played any private servers, downloaded any runescape related 3rd party software, or clicked allow on any applet having to do with runescape within the past month? Given how bad your account is, you didn't get recovered; too much effort for 5m. That only leaves RATs and keyloggers.

Not at all. I dont even know what a RAT is. :D