Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gnomercy

Wwe/ Wrestling

I found some old clips from YouTube today of videos I'd watched when I was younger. Funnily enough they all consisted of wrestling.

I was wondering, did anyone else like WWE when they were younger? And is there anyone who still likes it nowadays?

I'm more an MMA/UFC fan if anything. However, I mostly watch boxing.

Batista vs Great Khali - http://youtu.be/w1ptXd6NPnQ

Edited by Gnomercy

I used to love it right up to Year 9. Even when I found out it was fake. it was still pretty entertaining. It's a soup opera for men to quote my cousin and I understand it's appeal despite me not sharing it.

John Cena and the Undertaker were my fave BTW.

WWE is fake and all pro wrestling lovers should be burned at the stake.

:D

:(

I used to love it right up to Year 9. Even when I found out it was fake. it was still pretty entertaining. It's a soup opera for men to quote my cousin and I understand it's appeal despite me not sharing it.

John Cena and the Undertaker were my fave BTW.

Yeah, it was entertaining. Batista and Rey Mysterio were my favourite. I've actually done the Batista Bomb and the Rey Mysterio 619... both to epic effect.

Cody Rhodes and Booker T are my two all time favourites I think.

Shout outs have always gotta be given to Sting, Hogan, Undertaker, Randy Orton and Ric Flair though :(

And isn't the batista bomb just a general powerbomb anyway? :D

Shout outs have always gotta be given to Sting, Hogan, Undertaker, Randy Orton and Ric Flair though :(

And isn't the batista bomb just a general powerbomb anyway? :D

Hogan and Flair were legends of WWE. True legends.

I guess you could say that in a way...

Edited by Gnomercy

Used to watch it loads halfway through secondary school, 5 years or so ago now but I still remember the big names :(

I grew up watching The Rock. Stopped watching after he left though...

Booker T I can understand, but Cody Rhodes? What? :(

I don't really watch wrestling anymore, but when I did Triple H and Jericho were my favourites.

Booker T I can understand, but Cody Rhodes? What? :D

I don't really watch wrestling anymore, but when I did Triple H and Jericho were my favourites.

He's the best up and coming star in the business today, fact!

An absolute beast in every aspect of the game :(

Oh yeah I agree with you Randy Orton is a beast, but I thought we were talking about Cody Rhodes?? :D

Oh yeah I agree with you Randy Orton is a beast, but I thought we were talking about Cody Rhodes?? :P

At the status of nine-time world champion, I'm not sure you could argue Randy Orton is up and coming :D

When I used to watch it Rey Mysterio was always my favourite.

Plus Candice Michelle and Torrie Wilson :D

The female on female wrestling was rather 'entertaining' too :(

Edited by Gnomercy

i was a wwf/wwe/tna nerd

moved onto real life now

I hate John Cena, Batista and all those other wrestlers with no technique :(

Srsly, big fan of submissions and ground game here

I grew up watching the attitude era and still watch WWE today, mostly because my brother refuses to change the channel when it shows. I remember some of the pre- Attitude Era like when Shawn Michaels was on top and I still remember watching the Montreal Screwjob live. :( Didn't really understand it at the time though. It's fun watching old matches and reminiscing though.

Top 5 favorite wrestlers:

1) The Undertaker

2) The Rock

3) Shawn Michaels

4) Stone Cold Steve Austin

5) EVERYONE ELSE WHO TOOK PART IN THE ATTITUDE ERA (Triple H, Kurt Angle, etc.)

In Batista's defence; he came on in leaps and bounds and arguably had the hottest run of his career before quitting in 2010. Mark my words - he'll be back. But I am a sucker for a superb bit of technical wrestling, exactly why the main event scene at the minute is currently immense!

As for the attitude era - it was great in terms of nostalgia, and pushing the boundaries - but look at the long term effect. It was just so overly vicious, who knows how far reaching the longerterm consequences are; and you only need to take a look at Chris Benoit to see why there needs to be strict control of the industry, similar to what we have now.

And with the attitude era as well, whilst it was hella entertaining, it was 95% showbiz, 5% wrestling, the technical aspect was non-existent, despite having a breed of guys who were more technically sound than 90% of the current WWE roster.

In Batista's defence; he came on in leaps and bounds and arguably had the hottest run of his career before quitting in 2010. Mark my words - he'll be back. But I am a sucker for a superb bit of technical wrestling, exactly why the main event scene at the minute is currently immense!

As for the attitude era - it was great in terms of nostalgia, and pushing the boundaries - but look at the long term effect. It was just so overly vicious, who knows how far reaching the longerterm consequences are; and you only need to take a look at Chris Benoit to see why there needs to be strict control of the industry, similar to what we have now.

And with the attitude era as well, whilst it was hella entertaining, it was 95% showbiz, 5% wrestling, the technical aspect was non-existent, despite having a breed of guys who were more technically sound than 90% of the current WWE roster.

All I know is the attitude era entertained me much more than any of these story lines do nowadays. :(

Granted, but I'd sooner have my wrestlers alive rather than dead and threatening to bring the industry crashing down ;_;

Granted, but I'd sooner have my wrestlers alive rather than dead and threatening to bring the industry crashing down ;_;

True but in the case of Chris Benoit, the reason he had head trauma was because of his own move (flying head butt).

Not exclusively. No doubt it contributed, but in the grand scheme, it was probably quite a limited factor. I know that Harley Race himself said he wished he'd never invented it. The amount of headshots Benoit took was also immense :( But again, that's limited in the current era, and that can be no bad thing.