Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gnomercy

Wwe/ Wrestling

The irony of the last 10 posts or so, is that Dolph Ziggler is unquestionably one of the top 5 "wrestlers" in the WWE, and the "basic moveset" someone referred to him having is actually just solid technical wrestling. He's adept at high flying, has one of the best drop-kicks in the business, is actually not all that bad on the mic and has a unique look about him, rather than the cookie-cutter bodybuilder type.

I don't understand where the hate is coming from, so I'm just taking it as he's doing a brilliant job of playing the bad guy.

And Fake, yeah, that stuck all the way through his WWE career - it doesn't stick now because his music is nothing like his WWE music, there's no way to chant it as there's no consistent tune like his old one tongue.png

And Tubby! Did you just accuse Ziggler of being a simplified version of Cena who has a basic moveset? Cena is the epitome of a basic moveset - he has less than a dozen moves.

1. Clothesline

2. Flying shoulder tackle

3. STF

4. Attitude Adjustment

5. Five knuckle Shuffle

6. His inverted backdrop

7. Flying leg drop

8. Fisherman's Suplex

9. Dropkick

10. Hip Toss

I can name no others?

Dolph Ziggler has almost that many signature moves:- Zig Zag, Sleeper Hold, Fame Asser, Running neckbreaker, Seated dropkick.

If you need an example of why you're totally wrong - here's a match:

Edited by Jethraw

What are your opinions on Zach Ryder, AKA the INTERNET CHAMPION!

I love Zack Ryder, when I was at a WWE event in November I got his tee-shirt and headband. WWWYKI!

That being said, whilst he's a great wrestler - he became a fad and is completely over-rated. But he's still great. He completely deserved his run with the US title, I'm mad as hell they took it off him already.

People say his gimmick are going to stop him going far in WWE - but he would never make it to main event, and the gimmick is what got him over. He just doesn't have the build or look to be a main event wrestler, so the gimmick he currently has is perfect for him, and has got him to the point on the card he deserves :(

While that is true, I personally wouldn't mind him making it to main event status. Though this is just me being biased because he's from Long Island. That being said, he's still pretty young and has time in him to improve and shizzle.

Undoubtedly he can and will improve as time goes on, but unless we see a complete re-packaging (something it would be incredibly difficult to do at this point), I can't ever see him reaching main event status. Though I'm totally open to being wrong and seeing a really talented guy making it to the top.

Undoubtedly he can and will improve as time goes on, but unless we see a complete re-packaging (something it would be incredibly difficult to do at this point), I can't ever see him reaching main event status. Though I'm totally open to being wrong and seeing a really talented guy making it to the top.

Just out of curiosity, why do you like Booker T so much? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy too but IDK how you could put him as your favorite wrestler lol.

I just find him to be one of the most entertaining people ever. He always had his great catchphrases: "Can you dig it? Suckaaa!" "Save the dr-ama. For yo' momma!" "We comin' for you!"

Great moveset, great look, one of the most entertaining parts of the show ever when he was teaming with Goldust, absolutely hilarious. Very rarely botches, is one of the most unique people ever.

The spinaroonie drives me wild with nostalgia of being 6 years old sitting in my dad's flat watching WCW at midnight on a school night, and after all this time, Booker has still got it!

I just find him to be one of the most entertaining people ever. He always had his great catchphrases: "Can you dig it? Suckaaa!" "Save the dr-ama. For yo' momma!" "We comin' for you!"

Great moveset, great look, one of the most entertaining parts of the show ever when he was teaming with Goldust, absolutely hilarious. Very rarely botches, is one of the most unique people ever.

The spinaroonie drives me wild with nostalgia of being 6 years old sitting in my dad's flat watching WCW at midnight on a school night, and after all this time, Booker has still got it!

Lmao I can dig that, SUCKAAAAA!

This and this still make me laugh everytime.

That's a funny one too. :(

What's the greatest rivalry from 1995 - 2012 you've seen?

Well, I started watching in around 1998 I guess, and watched to ~2003. Then I sort of grew out of it, until I happened to be browsing Ticketmaster one day, and saw WWE was coming to Belfast. Text my step dad to see if my little brother would want to go, the three of us went and I totally fell in love with it again in early 2010.

Back when I was younger I always loved the Rock-Triple H-Kurt Angle trio that always seemed to be going on in some form or other.

One of the best storylines of all time, as generic as it has to be, is the formation of the nWo, and then the next year or so, before all this Wolfpac crap started up and killed WCW :(

In recent years, the best one I've seen has to be CM Punk vs John Cena last year, leading up to Money in the Bank and culminating at Summerslam 2011.

What about you? :D

Stonecold Vs. The Rock will probably be the best rivalry to me. I think the greatest match they ever had was at Wrestlemania 17. It was such an epic match. tongue.png

It's kinda hard to decide because there were just so many good matches back then. The Rock vs. Triple H at Summerslam 2000 (I think?) was an awesome match too.

Edited by Fake

I remember that match :D

It was the first Wrestlemania I ever watched, and I had it recorded on tape. Faked being sick for the day to stay home and watch it, and the recording stopped midway through and I cried for about half an hour. Turned out my grandma had taped it too and I got to watch it later that day :(

:( Did you see the Monday Night Raw after Wrestlemania? The steel cage match that the Rock was in was fantastic. :D Even if he did get suspended.

No, I was too young to watch it properly. I couldn't stay up late enough to watch it, and you never really recorded weekly shows, and I was too scatterbrained to watch it every Saturday, but I'll look it up if I get chance :(

Do any of you watch Botchamania per chance?

No, I was too young to watch it properly. I couldn't stay up late enough to watch it, and you never really recorded weekly shows, and I was too scatterbrained to watch it every Saturday, but I'll look it up if I get chance smile.png

Do any of you watch Botchamania per chance?

I've probably seen some/most of them IRL, the most famous (I think) being the Booker T one. "Hulk Hogan, we comin for you :("

Yeah, but do you watch the YT series of them? There's like 199 episodes :(

(Or did you actually just answer the question and I'm being dumb?)

Yeah, but do you watch the YT series of them? There's like 199 episodes tongue.png

(Or did you actually just answer the question and I'm being dumb?)

Well I tried to answer the question, looks like my message didn't go through. :(

But no, I don't watch the YT series of them.

You should check them out, they're absolutely hilarious :(

It's easier to watch them on the Botchamania website though, seeing as Youtube take them down like every other day.

You should check them out, they're absolutely hilarious biggrin.png

It's easier to watch them on the Botchamania website though, seeing as Youtube take them down like every other day.

I'll probably get around to it sooner or later. For now i'm just enjoying classic matches. You can never get tired of the infamous Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin match where Austin passed out.