Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cody Michael

Firearms Thread

L98a2(1).png

L98A2, Cadet variant of the L85A2. Only gun I've fired (save air rifles and crossbows).

Reloading it is a pleasure. But my left handed friends get pisse off with the design (you MUST fire right-handed).

Cocking it feels strange too - you reach over the top of the weapon.

Funny, since what I showed is considered light :(

I've fired a couple rifles and a pistol before with my dad. I don't know what they're called though, I have to ask. One was bolt action though, which was really cool. :(

I like the star cannon a lot.

You see, I don't get the point of Americans' oversized pistols :( when will 7 .5 shots ever beat 12 9mm shots? The effective range is negligible due to the sighting on a pistol and the lack of barrel length.

It just boggles my mind.

I should be firing a 7.62 'sniper' rifle in Feb, on another weekend course.

Have you fired it? Holding it by the stock looks like it wouldn't be very comfortable. I know nothing of it's reliability, so I can't really make a judgement there.

The rifle I showed is extremely reliable, moreso than the M4 :(

Have you fired it? Holding it by the stock looks like it wouldn't be very comfortable. I know nothing of it's reliability, so I can't really make a judgement there.

The rifle I showed is extremely reliable, moreso than the M4 :(

I haven't fired a Rec7, but apparently there's a grip you can attach on the RIS rail under the barrel which will nullify pretty much all recoil.

Dunno why, I just like this gun.

Vertical grips are HORRIBLE. Perhaps for a weapon you want to lay down a lot of fire in a lot of direction with, fine (easier to rotate)... But for, particularly, sharpshooting, you're far better off holding the stock.

And if you hold your rifle properly, id est into your shoulder firmly but not tensely, the recoil should only be marginally more than with a vertical grip.

Edited by Hunter

You have to admit it, though. Most people fire pistols as civilians, there, and the trend is 'bigger is better'.

Also NATO fudgeed up big time when they chose rifle round sizes. They go from 5.56 to 7.62. That's a massive jump. They need a 7mm or 6.5mm round between - 5.56 can lack range and firepower, while 7.62 is a nice doggy! to carry a lot of.

I'd love to see the FN (AKA SLR, FAL, whatever model) rebuilt into a bullpup weapon with 6.5mm ammo instead of the currently over-sized stuff. It'd be a lighter weapon, still reliable, and not lose much effective range.

I'm a big fan of revolvers and pistols. Seems like everyone's interested in heavier equipment tho ;(

You say you like revolvers? What are your thoughts on the Taurus Model .500?

I mean it's probably fun to shoot, but it's really more of a novelty item than anything... I couldn't imagine ever buying one or paying for the ammunition.

Taurus itself is a make I don't trust. I know they're reputable and build solid weapons, but I just don't like them for whatever reason xD It may be because my friend used to drive a POS Taurus and I've just associated Taurus with crap since then. :( Either way, the .50 caliber weapons aren't really my cup of tea. Though the Taurus revolver that shoots the .410/.45 is freakin awesome.

My only real problem with that specific model is it's 5 round capacity. If it were the 6 I've grown accustomed to it'd be the perfect revolver in my opinion.

You have to admit it, though. Most people fire pistols as civilians, there, and the trend is 'bigger is better'.

My experiences would disagree with that conclusion. Lots of focus on the 9mm, .22, .40, and .45 (and the main reason the .45 is so popular is because lots of people around here seem to have gotten their hands on the Colt 1911.)

People who are spending a good amount of money on weapons aren't going to rationalize their purchase with "oo big bullet must have..."

Quite true. a 9mm is all you really need for self defense anyways.

248534_1590359178036_1807567556_973289_5246694_n.jpg

Ahhh shot about 500 rounds that day, good day.

Is jealous

My neighbor is a marine sergeant as well as a gun horder, I like firing his ace a p90 as well as his multitude of handguns

My experiences would disagree with that conclusion. Lots of focus on the 9mm, .22, .40, and .45 (and the main reason the .45 is so popular is because lots of people around here seem to have gotten their hands on the Colt 1911.)

People who are spending a good amount of money on weapons aren't going to rationalize their purchase with "oo big bullet must have..."

Even my mom, who is from Texas, has this fudgeing idea that bigger is better. She'd take her .44 over a 9mm any day, in claim that it "has more stopping power". While true, negligible.

248534_1590359178036_1807567556_973289_5246694_n.jpg

Ahhh shot about 500 rounds that day, good day.

What type of rifles are they? Some looks REALLY similar to air rifles I have; just that they don't break in the middle. They largely look like .22's to me (perhaps a 5.56 in the middle).

Edited by Hunter

.....really? Is this thread needed?

Americans and guns I will never understand.

Brits and gun control I will never understand.

Why say that? We have guns. The police have guns. Just the general public don't need guns. Plus there lack of intelligence and a weapons is never a good mix :(.

Meh, not our faults directly.

Silly politicians and humanitarian enthusiasts who have nothing better to do.

Have you ever shot a gun? It really is a hell of a lot of fun. They're collectible too.

Nope.

Apart from a paintball gun but that doesn't count. I don't see the point.

Have you ever shot a gun? It really is a hell of a lot of fun. They're collectible too.

Nope.

Apart from a paintball gun but that doesn't count. I don't see the point.

It's a hobby.

Don't knock it till you try it. :(

This.

You may think we're COD whores and like big noises, but really, it's good fun. Give proper shooting a go some time.

And @ Lilshu, through and through isn't much of a factor really, if you're only trying to stop him. The shock of getting shot is enough to stop most people, while a bullet to the head is still likely to kill them. I still think the 9mm is a better choice. I used my mom as I don't actually live there, but her husband, their entire family, her husband's friends, and anyone else she's shot with, has been my general example. The majority think the same to some extent. Regardless it's not really my point to knock Americans, I just think having a point-five pistol is ridiculous.

Edited by Hunter