Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Clavius

Best Pvp Game

Im looking for a game with pvp that isnt held back by something

I have a long list of games that have some flaws that make pvp unplayable somehow... cant find a game with good pvp, here are some of them:

Runescape: click pvp gets really boring unless you hybrid with millions risked, lag/other random junk kills you half of the time

Minecraft: diamond armor/best connection always wins, potions pretty much ruined pvp Imo anyways.

Any oblivion type mmo: people have really high skills and are impossible to kill, takes months/years to get high skill, getting skill involves insane grind

Any wow clone/wow: no loot/noticable reward from kills, targetted pvp is insanely boring for me in these type of games

EvE: the best pvpers are the people who have tons of money, really boring ways to make money.

Call of duty: everyone camps or literally runs at you, teammates dont think being on a team means anything except that there are people they cant kill, free for all type games are really dumb.

And some more I am leaving out

anyone have a really good pvp game you could suggest

Edited by Breeze

League of Legends, Starcraft, DoTA, etc. are PvP RTS-ish games. Generally referred to as MOBA's, there's tons of these out there right now and most of them are free to play.

Everyone basically starts on the same level so it really comes down to skill or current game balance.

Any wow clone/wow: no loot/noticable reward from kills, targetted pvp is insanely boring for me in these type of games

The reward from WoW pvp is Honor or Conquest points which are in turn traded in for pvp gear (some of which is locked until you achieve certain ratings). There's also a rating and match making system for 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 arenas. Battlegrounds aren't really taken seriously as pvp.

You mean ANY game that has PvP multiplayer?

Assassin's Creed has a really good one in my opinion. Get one of Valve's multiplayer too games such as Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead 2. They're really the only multiplayer games I play.

Call of duty: everyone camps or literally runs at you

So you're saying: You can't stay still, but you can't run around the map.

Would you prefer everyone to break their controller's/keyboards so they can't sprint, or have the crouch button permanently on?

I really like Halo:Reach multiplayer. It actually takes more than 1 second to kill somebody unlike COD and melee isn't a 1 hit kill either. Camping is honestly ineffective in it (except for infection) because you can easily root out campers. In addition there are far more gamemodes in Reach than COD, and the forge mode allows for infinite possibilities in making your own game modes.

i would really try runescape pvp again before you completley dismiss it. i had lots of as a low level player!!

i would really try runescape pvp again before you completley dismiss it. i had lots of as a low level player!!

Cause poin and click is so much fun :(

Tf2 is pretty good

Quake... or any of the clones, Nexuiz (which i think goes by a new name now?) or Warsow if you can deal with how fast paced that is. Oh, and TF2 :(

I really like Halo:Reach multiplayer. It actually takes more than 1 second to kill somebody unlike COD and melee isn't a 1 hit kill either. Camping is honestly ineffective in it (except for infection) because you can easily root out campers. In addition there are far more gamemodes in Reach than COD, and the forge mode allows for infinite possibilities in making your own game modes.

dis.

reach is very fun/

also try playing an RTS like Company of Heroes. Micro managing is hard.

Look at games on steam. Prejudice 8 is fun and has a rank for everything...

Assassin's Creed has a really good one in my opinion. Get one of Valve's multiplayer too games such as Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead 2. They're really the only multiplayer games I play.

This. Assassin's Creed's multiplayer actually takes thinking (which many of the people don't understand...) so it's nice and refreshing.

But ya, TF2 is great and L4D2 are both good. Reach is also great and it has PvE!

If you're into DotA style games, LoL is the most noob friendly, then it's DotA for the pretty interested, and HoN for the hardcore. Just a heads up, all of their communities are known for making Xbox live look like a family friendly environment.

If you're into DotA style games, LoL is the most noob friendly, then it's DotA for the pretty interested, and HoN for the hardcore. Just a heads up, all of their communities are known for making Xbox live look like a family friendly environment.

This. Expect ragers and getting called out when you fudge up.

Starcraft 2, you get matched vs'd similar skilled oppenents after your rating has been worked out. The game also has an etremely high skill cap, and a very large competative scene with alot of money involed.

Darkfall

Thats one of the oblivion clones I was talking about

Team Fortress Two, no question, and it's free

I will probably try this out, I have a friend who plays this and it seems fun

I really liked Halo 3 but I heard that reach has too many new things that mess up multiplayer so Im a bit hesitant on playing this.

Call of duty: everyone camps or literally runs at you

So you're saying: You can't stay still, but you can't run around the map.

Would you prefer everyone to break their controller's/keyboards so they can't sprint, or have the crouch button permanently on?

What I mean by "runs at you" is that people run around the map like idiots way too often. And camping is terrible on the game, there is always someone who is sitting in a corner the entire game waiting to shoot you it seems. I dont like cod because the gameplay is insanely unrealistic imo.

this pretty much sums up my opinion: http://www.amazon.com/review/R37LX9YY1EJD8...#R37LX9YY1EJD83

This. Assassin's Creed's multiplayer actually takes thinking (which many of the people don't understand...) so it's nice and refreshing.

But ya, TF2 is great and L4D2 are both good. Reach is also great and it has PvE!

I used to play assassins creed online and that was pretty fun, but my 360 broke so...

HoN seems pretty good too I might try that out also.

Edited by Breeze

HoN is probably the hardest of MOBA's to get into. If your unfamiliar with the genre, LoL is a better place to start. Not to mention HoN's community is the worst in my experience. For sure not a bad game, just not nearly as noob friendly or easy to pick up on.

HoN is probably the hardest of MOBA's to get into. If your unfamiliar with the genre, LoL is a better place to start. Not to mention HoN's community is the worst in my experience. For sure not a bad game, just not nearly as noob friendly or easy to pick up on.

Im used to pretty bad communities, I dont mind them much. For the learning curve, I got EvE down in a week or two and that supposedly has the largest learning curve of any mmo

I think I like the feel of the game better than DotA or LoL, seems like it could be fun

Darkfall

Thats one of the oblivion clones I was talking about

Oblivion isn't a PvP game.

If you play Darkfall you know what Im talking about, Darkfall is pretty much oblivion but with pvp and in an mmo setting. Ive come across a couple games in this style

Edited by Breeze

Im used to pretty bad communities, I dont mind them much. For the learning curve, I got EvE down in a week or two and that supposedly has the largest learning curve of any mmo

I think I like the feel of the game better than DotA or LoL, seems like it could be fun

League of Legends has a learning curve. DoTA and HoN have a learning cliff.

funny you said cliff

Sensory_Overload.jpg

like this? (not mine, its a popular image)

this is the default UI of EvE

eve_online_ui.jpg

Its a lot more complicated than it looks

Edited by Breeze

funny you said cliff

Sensory_Overload.jpg

like this? (not mine, its a popular image)

this is the default UI of EvE

eve_online_ui.jpg

Its a lot more complicated than it looks

Isn't eve an rts? Idk never played

Back to LoL, it's IMO pretty hard to be good( months to years) depending how much you play

Seeing as LoL is free why not just dl and see

Blood and Thunder!

Starcraft 2 UI

WjFxW.jpg

Someone playing Starcraft 2

Fancy UIs mean nothing :wizard:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.