Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Toon

Explaining The Bots...

Yes, I know I just commented this on a topic but I believed I should post it.

JaGex removed 98% of bots that were Reflection bots, bots that use the id's give to each item and model in java to perform tasks, they made up all if not most of the advanced bots... Frost Dragons, Dungeoneering, Barrows, Hell they even had bots that do slayer...

The bots you see now are 1 of 2 things Injection Bots or Color Bots... Injections bots takes control of your entire computer to bot instead of a separate script. Color bots use color recognition to bot. These are the bots that you see now... Now Mod MMG claimed that it would be impossible to make another working reflection bot. So Jacmob, owner of RsBuddy and his team (Trigoon, Arbiter, Blackbone, and NoEffex) created a new bot and strolled into runefest and showed him the working bot. He was impressed and offered Jacmob a job at Jagex. No confirmation on whether or not he accepted it. He and his team did admit thought that to keep it stable and running maintenance would have to be made every 2 days and it would be in their best interest to not go on with botting. Legally they settled with JaGex and became a fansite which will host a client similar to SwiftKit.

For more information you could see and official interview with the RsBuddy crew here.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you have a better understanding of the situation.

EDIT: This is the TL;DR version I could go on much more.

Edit2: Forgot TriGoon

Edited by Toon

At least JaGex is hiring staff that has experience with bots in order to cut the most clever bots. That shows some initiative to kill off the last 2% of the bots.

At least JaGex is hiring staff that has experience with bots in order to cut the most clever bots. That shows some initiative to kill off the last 2% of the bots.

Except that it's impossible to break color bots unless they change color every few hours, which would affect basic gameplay for any person.

Woah, you're pretty far off there. Injection and reflection are actually pretty similar, as they both involve modifications to the source. RSBuddy's client, which was by far the most stable and efficient, was primarily injection based. By implementing cluster flutter Jagex thwarts both methods. As for Jacmob, you're right about the bot that they made (although I doubt they would bother to change from their old injection platform, so it would be mostly injection based), although the maintenance makes it completely impractical. There is no mystery surrounding Jacmob though, he is employed by Jagex. That much has been known since about a week after the nuke.

Honestly, nothing you've said here is news. As for Jacmob's purpose, it would be less about stopping the 2% of bots, as they are pretty easy to identify, and Jagex's algorithms can already detect them, but more about keeping the 98% away, as the system will require maintenance to keep it from getting cracked.

As for RSBuddy's client, no one knows what's happening with that, because they have to implement services in it exclusive to their VIPs, and, quite frankly, I can't imagine what on earth those will be for a Jagex sponsored client. They've hinted that it will be volumes better than SwiftKit, which is believable considering their bot client was more stable then the RS client, but I am excited to see what else they're keeping hidden.

Jagex hired Jacmob from RSbuddy during runefest I believe.

Pretty sure it is confirmed that there's a new Jagex Staff Member by the alias of Mod Jacmob.

True.

Jagex were clear at the time that despite the news post being written by a mod not actually developing the bot-nuking process that it was all about both injection and reflection, and that the only bots left are screen scraper and colour.

Now screen scraper and colour are supposedly the simplest bots to get rid of. Jagex and, interestingly enough, one of the people that was profiting most from the process ie Jacmob have said that they've left the easiest to last.

Not sure why they decided to leave them, but they did. Huh.

Jagex were clear at the time that despite the news post being written by a mod not actually developing the bot-nuking process that it was all about both injection and reflection, and that the only bots left are screen scraper and colour.

Now screen scraper and colour are supposedly the simplest bots to get rid of. Jagex and, interestingly enough, one of the people that was profiting most from the process ie Jacmob have said that they've left the easiest to last.

Not sure why they decided to leave them, but they did. Huh.

With the new barrows update color bots can be programmed since the wide variety now :\ I am positive Jagex will implement something to stop this.

Both injection and reflection bots were removed - this was confirmed by a mod in the faq on the forums, and was not mentioned in the BTS because there was a miscommunication between the developers and the writers.

"new Jagex Staff Member by the alias of Mod Jacmob"

Holy crap it's true

31248958.png

Edited by -Leaf-

Both injection and reflection bots were removed - this was confirmed by a mod in the faq on the forums, and was not mentioned in the BTS because there was a miscommunication between the developers and the writers.

"new Jagex Staff Member by the alias of Mod Jacmob"

Holy crap it's true

31248958.png

another soldier for the army of JaGex, another weakness for the army of bots :(

another soldier for the army of JaGex, another weakness for the army of bots :D

Unless, of course, Jacmob is a double agent, stealthily working towards making it possible for injection bots to once again thrive and infest RuneScape. Unlikely, yes. Though it would make a heck of an act two twist... :(

Unless, of course, Jacmob is a double agent, stealthily working towards making it possible for injection bots to once again thrive and infest RuneScape. Unlikely, yes. Though it would make a heck of an act two twist... :(

Sounds like you know something.

Fansite admins always seem to be good friends.

31248958.png

Reported everyone in that FC for botting... Because who else would hang around Jacmob's FC? :(

31248958.png

Reported everyone in that FC for botting... Because who else would hang around Jacmob's FC? :(

D: Leaf is a bot, quick everyone abuse him when you see him in game! /sarcasm.

You seem to really know what you're talking about well.

A bit too well.

Thanks for the writeup, but I'm pretty sure as someone mentioned before that there is a new mod called " Mod Jacmob " so it pretty much confirms that he works for Jagex now.

Double Agent, you say?

Will Mr. Bond will be hearing about this.