Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
_Ej

Monitor

Looking at the possibility of a new monitor, looking for any suggestions. Looking at around 24" (That's not definite, I'll go for anything between 22 and 30 really). What sort of price would I be paying to get one of an okay level? Plus, is it worth spending more, to get a better quality, or is it not worth it? And finally, where in the UK is the best place to buy one?

(If any prices are given, I'd prefer if they were in pounds and on a British site, but if it's not then it's okay).

I got a good quality 22" online 2 years ago for £110, maybe look at that as a base value :(

I have a Benq G2410HD and I love it. We have a few around the house and all of them look great. Costs ~$200 or so for one, but I'm sure you could find a similar monitor on sale for $150. I'd stick to a max of 24" if you're only going to be at 1920x1080 otherwise it won't look good. 27" is 2560x1440 to be clear enough. 30" is higher than that, but I can't remember the number off the top of my head.

Looking at the possibility of a new monitor, looking for any suggestions. Looking at around 24" (That's not definite, I'll go for anything between 22 and 30 really). What sort of price would I be paying to get one of an okay level? Plus, is it worth spending more, to get a better quality, or is it not worth it? And finally, where in the UK is the best place to buy one?

(If any prices are given, I'd prefer if they were in pounds and on a British site, but if it's not then it's okay).

This: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/215-dell-ul...vgadp-usb-black

Is that not a big high for one that size? (I might be wrong here)

It's an IPS panel. In-Plane Switching screens have far better color accuracy than Twisted Nematic panels. It also has far better viewing angles.

Edited by Bob-sama

It's an IPS panel.

The benefit of that is...? I know very little about monitors, that's why I need the advice :(.

It's an IPS panel. In-Plane Switching screens have far better color accuracy than Twisted Nematic panels. It also has far better viewing angles.

If you're doing fast-paced gaming the 8ms response time could be a little high. Probably be fine, but it's pushing it.

If you're doing fast-paced gaming the 8ms response time could be a little high. Probably be fine, but it's pushing it.

5ms vs 8ms--you're losing 3/1000ths of a second for better image quality. I'd more say that having good contrast and darker blacks would put you at more of a disadvantage. Sometimes I exploit TN's horrid blacks to spot something a bit easier.