Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Luftey

Dat Superbowl

I was very pleased with the halftime show. Such an improvement over last years. And M.I.A. flipped the bird to the audience, that was funny too.

I've seen many halftimes show in the past years and the Black Eyed Peas one was definitely the best. The game itself was excellent, but I'm probably just being biased because I'm a go hard Giants fan. For some reason this game didn't seem as exciting as Superbowl 42 but nevertheless still a great game.

I also love how everyone in the beginning of the season was pretty much shizzleting on Eli Manning for saying he considers himself an elite player and at the level of Tom Brady. Well he still may not be at that level but he's definitely proved himself here.

My heart skilled a beat on that last Patriots play, from the overhead camera view I thought they had caught it for a second, I was yelling at the Tv. The last 5 minutes of the game was just great, and the fact that the Giants won makes it even better :D Seeing the Giants won in both this superbowl+the earlier match a few years ago is proof that Eli is/as good/better than brady ;p

The ending was fantastic to watch as a almost-neutral. I was vaguely supporting the Giants, so I'm glad they won, but I'd have still been entertained if New England had taken that last catch. Definitely worth reducing sleep to three and a half hours to watch it. :D

Half-time show made me laugh, but not as much as last years, it was actually quite impressive this time round. Cee Lo Green rather stole it though.

Damn I feel for Wes Welker, he pretty much blew the game. Hats off to Eli though, he's a guaranteed Hall of Famer now.

As much as it pains me to say it, the Giants did really well and deserved to win. First Superbowl I've watched in full, and I enjoyed it more than the half I watched of last years.

And at least the halftime show wasn't as terrible.

The game was pretty good. I thought Gronkowski was going to catch the tipped ball at the end.

Did anyone else think Madonna was lip synching? It wasn't too obvious for me but I felt like her voice sounded too clean and pure to be from a live performance.

I've seen many halftimes show in the past years and the Black Eyed Peas one was definitely the best.

Wait. Are we talking about the same one? The one where Fergie screamed in agony for like 10 minutes?

I'm guessing 40 to 50 million Americans?

Way more than that. Last year 111 million people watched the Super Bowl. In my opinion if you're not watching the Super Bowl and you're an American you're either a girl, working, or a nerd.

Source: http://www.huffingto...s_n_819559.html

Fun fact: the finale to MASH was the most watched television program until the 2010 Superbowl.

I am definately leaving during halftime. Not watching a 50 something year old Madonna possibly have a wardrobe malfunction.

Lol. :lol:

Thank god. The Patriots lost. I would have preferred that the Giants lose too, but people have told me that's impossible, so I guess I'm satisfied.

It is possible. Tebow just has to walk in.

Thank god. The Patriots lost.

Why?

You know, I was waiting for Tim Tebow to come out at the 2 minute warning. When he comes out, it would've been clear who the victor was. eyebrows.gif

Yeah... New England. :o

It was well worth staying up until 3am to watch the Superbowl. biggrin.png

This was the first time I watched a football game so I don't really have a favourite team but I wanted the Giants to win because I like Eli Manning.

But yeah was a lot of fun, I might start watching football more often and I guess I'll have to pick a team to support - maybe the NY Giants! tongue.png

Oh and I thought the halftime show was pretty good and I'm not even a fan of Madonna.

It's late and I'm tired so I'm going to bed now. bleh.gif

Which Football? :P

Second Superbowl I've watched and second time the team I was hoping to win lost.

Meh too... except the Nbc... the link to watch kept denying me. :(

Oh and I thought the halftime show was pretty good and I'm not even a fan of Madonna

You're lucky you didn't decide to watch your first superbowl the year the Black Eyed Peas played it. You might not have had such a positive experience. happy.png

Is that the wardrobe thing? My teacher told me and I watched it. <_<

Damn I feel for Wes Welker, he pretty much blew the game. Hats off to Eli though, he's a guaranteed Hall of Famer now.

Did he drop the ball?

The game was pretty good. I thought Gronkowski was going to catch the tipped ball at the end.

Did anyone else think Madonna was lip synching? It wasn't too obvious for me but I felt like her voice sounded too clean and pure to be from a live performance.

Why would he do that? :o

Lost a bunch of money because the Patriots can't win a simple football game, but by the 4th quarter I was way too drunk to care. It was a good game tho!

Lost a bunch of money because the Patriots can't win a simple football game, but by the 4th quarter I was way too drunk to care. It was a good game tho!

Why you betting? :lol:

Why you betting? laugh.png

Well in my case I made $600 so not a bad bet.

The Patriots were favored but the Giants were hot. It's usually better to bet on the hot team. It's like a few years ago where the Giants destroyed their perfect season. Edited by Bob-sama

The Patriots were favored but the Giants were hot. It's usually better to bet on the hot team. It's like a few years ago where the Giants destroyed their perfect season.

The betting site offered 1.67 to 1 on the patriots to win before the game; I got offered 2.25 to 1 by an acquaintance. I couldn't say no to those odds :(

Edited by Vlad

Why you betting? laugh.png

Well in my case I made $600 so not a bad bet.

Profit?

The Patriots were favored but the Giants were hot. It's usually better to bet on the hot team. It's like a few years ago where the Giants destroyed their perfect season.

They were the underdogs.

The betting site offered 1.67 to 1 on the patriots to win before the game; I got offered 2.25 to 1 by an acquaintance. I couldn't say no to those odds sad.png

Temping eh.