Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Merch Gwyar

My Blog Will Be Down For The Sopa/pipa Protest Tomorrow

Hi all,

Assuming that the blogs are fixed by tomorrow ( :D ), mine will be going off-line again. I would have blogged about this, rather than having it as a forum post, but currently none of mine are live.

I am going on strike throughout my on-line platforms, as part of the American Censorship Day protests against SOPA and PIPA. All of my bases are going to be disabled, redirected, masked with protest banners or otherwise showing what it might be like if these two pieces of legislation were to make it through.

For more information, I've written at length about it here: Blackout! The Internet Goes on Strike Protesting SOPA and PIPA. But I expect that everyone here already knew about it. :(

I'll be removing my blog by setting the entries to 'private view only'. I will remove all of the sidebar images and links. Everything will return on January 19th.

Anyway, that's my head's up done!

Merch

xxxxxx

Best of luck with this Merch, all the small things in cases like this really do add up. At the end of the day - when did standing idly by ever accomplish much?

Max - Well Wikipedia, Reddit and I will be down, so it will feel like the whole internet!

Redmonke - *dies* I love you. <3

Jethraw - My sentiments exactly.

Edited by Merch Gwyar

Max - Well Wikipedia, Reddit and I will be down, so it will feel like the whole internet!

i was really hoping google would shutdown, seeing as youtube is going to be vastly affected you'd think they'd atleast black that out

Youtube shutting down would probably work well. There's a ton of people on there who use neither reddit nor wikipedia.

I'm not sure advertisers on YouTube would like that very much though.

me and about half my friends list are doing this to our facebooks, we started a group and got a large portion of our school to join to.

First reddit, then Wikipedia, BIS forums and now Merch's blog!?!

THIS WILL BE THE WORST* WEDNESDAY EVER.

*Read as "most productive"

My blog is now off-line. <3

I knew it. I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Senators cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

I'm gunna start my own blog and then shut it down to protest against sily American politicians :(

Edited by O hai im KAMIL

I'm gunna start my own blog and then shut it down to protest against sily American politicians sleep.png

loklit.jpg

Its not going to get passed or probably even voted on, too many people including Obama realize its really dumb.

Edited by Breeze

I'm gunna start my own blog and then shut it down to protest against sily American politicians sleep.png

loklit.jpg

Its not going to get passed or probably even voted on, too many people including Obama realize its really dumb.

That's not quite how it works.

loklit.jpg

That's not quite how it works.

It would be good if it were that easy.

i was really hoping google would shutdown, seeing as youtube is going to be vastly affected you'd think they'd atleast black that out

Google took the bold step of blacking out their logo.

BRTky.jpg?1321408042

Edited by heb0

http://i0.kym-cdn.co....jpg?1321408042

I think MSPA did the best blackout imo.

11/10 best one so far

I didn't even know they were blacked-out. How am I going to spend the rest of my evening?? :(