Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vvsears4

Should there be worlds in rs where theres no wildy pk?

Yes it's old and forgotten but what do you think.

Please be detailed on you'r reasoning.

And dont post random off topic things.

Nah, the whole point of the Wilderness is to be dangerous. Making the wilderness non pvp in some worlds could kinda ruin the whole point.

Jagex felt this was true as well, since after Wilderness pking was removed, they added something which would almost be the same - Revenants.

There should be -some- danger to this game, it's too easy as it is.

I have wanted this to happen a few times like if im training agility or something, but I don't think it would ever happen. I don't go in the wilderness much anymore to even care about it much, but if they did bring worlds where there are no PK, would they bring revenants back in the random wilderness (not in a cave).

I don't think so, and since you've asked me to be detailed in my reasoning, here's why:

The wilderness is essentially based on two principles. The first is risk. The second is reward.

Risk suggests that you'll always have a chance to die, and while that's true in your average slayer dungeon, it's far more true here: players are more dangerous than any monster and this should certainly be appreciated. Upon entering the wilderness in any possible way, you know that you have the chance to and most likely will die if you aren't careful. That being said, PKers can be avoided.

Now, the wilderness also has rewards. Despite the possibility of death, you've got some nice things, like the abyss, the mage arena, the agility course, the king black dragon, and so on.

Because the rewards are good, they should not be without risk. PKing is a necessary element of the wilderness, because the wilderness provides rewards that PKing has been traditionally used to merit.

What Helm Lardar said pretty much sums it up. If you have a problems with Pkers, go onto a different language world.

I'd much rather have revs than a bunch of stupid pures named "idb0wu" running around trying to kill you. I still like to go to Chaos Ele, and, because the pures whined so much about ovlds/extremes, I can't use extremes and stuff there, really annoying ;p

Also, there isn't really a big reward from the wildy. Agility course, ehh, that Canfis one is just as good in that level range. And once you hit 65 or 70 (I think it's that) you move to Ape. Also, as for the abyss, you don't risk anything but a glory when you abyss RC, and, no one does that now due to Graahks/ZMI/effigies. As for KBD, just lava titan, and boom your there, no risk.

A world where there's no pkers would mean Jagex would replace them with a constant threat that's more annoying than the occasional pker (aka revenants.). That is by far a worse option than pkers since outside the more highly populated worlds pkers are rather rare. Not to mention PKers are much easier to avoid compared to ghosts that hit you before you can even see them. Pkers, give you a second to hit that log out button when that white dot appears on the mini-map, revenants are on you before you even have a chance to see them. If you have a problem with pkers just go to a less populated world. You'll often find the wilderness completely devoid of people if you do.

Ideally, I would prefer a few worlds of pk free wildy.

But I do not want to see them happen.

Because I think that too many people would abuse them

By logging out of a pk wildy and into a safe one to escape/safeguard loot.

Pker/Pjer may find that too hard to resist.....

Edited by Gantowisa

Ideally, I would prefer a few worlds of pk free wildy.

But I do not want to see them happen.

Because I think that too many people would abuse them

By logging out of a pk wildy and into a safe one to escape/safeguard loot.

Pker/Pjer may find that too hard to resist.....

he/she (sorry) actually brings up a really good point. I know, they could just log onto a foreign language server, but this IS much easier.

I was using the facilities just a min ago, and i thought:

why not safe zone things?

For example, a penguin would have a 10 second safe zone around it. this would only be for certain worlds, ofc, and it wouldn't work if you spied on it. The safe zone would roughly be 5x5, or if you spy on it, it's a bit like the disruption shield. Remember, only certain worlds. Same thing with chaos ele (same worlds) with potions.

@ chaos ele: why not just make it so extr pots have this effect (you know, def lessening/something like hybrid gear but with stats) wildy monsters only? Same with ovl, an effect that only works on wildy monsters (and is at it's strongest for 5mins, 6mins if berserker curse) but not on players.

Edited by Prinz

I like the wilderness how it is. It makes a player be on their toes when they're in it. Rather they're out for the resources, pking, exploring, or pvm, they need to be prepared.

A short thing...

Low Risk

Low Reward.

Done.

:(

lol chances of getting killed in wildy in non-pk world

lol good rewards kbd/chaos ele, outdated agil course you would spend at most 20 hours on, unreliable teleporting device, nice..

I don't think there should. As people have mentioned, the wildy is meant to be a dangerous place. To be honest, for me at least, that aspect of the wildy makes training agility more fun, as there's always an element of imminent danger and suspense.

I'd actually like to see the return of worlds where you can PK everywhere. That was awesome.

I don't think there should. As people have mentioned, the wildy is meant to be a dangerous place. To be honest, for me at least, that aspect of the wildy makes training agility more fun, as there's always an element of imminent danger and suspense.

I'd actually like to see the return of worlds where you can PK everywhere. That was awesome.

Ummm... the wildy is ok. Not everyone has to risk if they don't like Pking.

He's talking about PvP worlds, one or two worlds where you can PK everywhere. If you don't want to get PKed simply play in a normal world.

He's talking about PvP worlds, one or two worlds where you can PK everywhere. If you don't want to get PKed simply play in a normal world.

Isn't the wildy just fine?

I like the wilderness how it is. It makes a player be on their toes when they're in it. Rather they're out for the resources, pking, exploring, or pvm, they need to be prepared.

Yes! It has a feeling to it.

When you are in the wildy, you have to watch out and be prepared for everything and anything.

Problem is, it ended up being just PKing in a few core 'hubs' such as lumbridge and just outside the GE. Essentially it was the wilderness with a bank and none of the excellent look.

What I would like to see are duels everywhere. We've got home teleports anyway, which was the initial excuse for removing them.

I miss being able to PK anywhere and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I don't see what's the big deal, almost all the F2P worlds are pretty much empty so it's not like losing one or two worlds is going to effect you. It would also be a good opportunity to reimplement the Bounty Hunter system - PvP Worlds with Bounty hunting.

I miss being able to PK anywhere and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I don't see what's the big deal, almost all the F2P worlds are pretty much empty so it's not like losing one or two worlds is going to effect you. It would also be a good opportunity to reimplement the Bounty Hunter system - PvP Worlds with Bounty hunting.

The problem is that Jagex needs the wilderness to have PKers in it to work. Currently, I don't think they think there are enough PKers. They're teasing that they'll reimplement bounty hunter in the dormant wilderness volcano, but they don't want to implement PK worlds because they're worried everyone will go there instead of the wilderness to fight.

The point of wildy is that its dangerous, so taking the wildy out of rs would mean there would be more easy and less risky ways to make money.

How's this for detailed reasoning?

527-no-because-no.jpg

If jagex were to remove pking from some worlds, they could just as well go back to pvp/bh worlds.

Edited by Pureosaur

Removing the wilderness to make it easier on skillers and non-pkers would take away from the risk of high amount of using the resources avaliable in the wilderness. As stated before high risk, high reward.