Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hilly

Which headphones are best?

Another headphones topic...

Follow these steps:

1) Decide a budget

2) Decide what kind of specs you want(Wide frequency range and enhanced bass are what you want to look for)

3) Decide on a brand. Sennheiser is good, but expensive. I have a pair of Koss headphones and they are OK, but don't cost a arm and a leg.

4) Press buy button

5) Wait for delivery

6) Open package

7) Plug into computer/ipod

8) Listen to things.

Just get their £32 ones. I'm not an expert on headphones but HD 205-II sounds better than HD 202 and HD 203. Crappy Logic but it is only £5 more expensive than the cheapest one.

Looking at the others in the range it seems like the higher the number in the range, the better it is. Or at least they cost more, which generally indicates that. +1 to Andy.

Yeah, Andy is making sense. I can actually recommend the 202s, since I've used them. They did (unfortunately) break, but that's after a year of using them while biking, through rain and snow and stuff.

I hated the HD201's and the HD202's are said to be equally uncomfortable. The cups are too small, the pads too short, and the interior is unpadded. Maybe I have big ears, but I found them quite irritating. And that pleather wasn't comfortable, either. Around that pricepoint, there's also Koss PortaPros. They're a hell of a lot more comfortable and I think sound better, too.

Edited by Bob-sama

I found the HD201s fairly comfortable myself. Haven't tried the 202s, although they're not worth the extra over the 201s.

I hated the HD201's and the HD202's are said to be equally uncomfortable. The cups are too small, the pads too short, and the interior is unpadded. Maybe I have big ears, but I found them quite irritating. And that pleather wasn't comfortable, either. Around that pricepoint, there's also Koss PortaPros. They're a hell of a lot more comfortable and I think sound better, too.

I find the 202s to be pretty comfortable, and I have reasonably large ears.