Sal's RuneScape Forum
Kyra10987

Homophobes

I fully agree that the consitution not the Bible governs the country. What Im trying to say is though is that a very large percent if the voting population is against homo marriage due to religious reasons mainly being that Christianty is the main religion if the US and it teaches no gay marriage.

No one denies that, but why does it matter?

Because if we vote as to whether or not gay marriage should be allowed, many will vote against it due to religious believes.

thats just appeal to the masses, it doesn't matter what 99% of people think if what 99% of people think is wrong. Christian schools and churches who teach gay marriage is wrong are entitled to their beliefs, but this should have no impact on government.

But who is to say what is right or wrong, if 99% of people think something surely it is the right opinion? Also government should be democratic, so the opinion of the vast majority should be the opinion implemented.

(I'm playing devils advocate here, I'm in favour of free homosexual relationships but due to everone haveing very similar views there's not much debate tongue.png)

the thing I said is one of the main fallacies, I forget what it is called but I think of it as the Bandwagon fallacy.

A proof for it is this:

There is a new brand of hair spray that was just released. At work, all of the women except for one or two use it and tell me that it is really great and that it is better than all other hairsprays they have used (some of the women really care about their hair and tried every brand). Therefore it is the best hairspray available.

But lets say that after a month or two the women who are using this brand notice their hair is getting bristly and thin as a result of using this brand. Obviously what they said about the hairspray was not true, as the hairspray had a bad side effect on their hair. You can't then accept what 99 percent of the people are saying is true as truth, as 99 percent of the people in this case were wrong.

Edited by Breeze

Also government should be democratic, so the opinion of the vast majority should be the opinion implemented.

Not when the laws of the majority are anti-constitutional. Tyranny by majority is not democracy.

Democracy is the will of the people so if the people want that factor in society then in a true democracy they'd get it regardless of the morality of it.

Random question do you think someone should be able to legally marry an animal? What if one has this strong connection with their dog

Also government should be democratic, so the opinion of the vast majority should be the opinion implemented.

Not when the laws of the majority are anti-constitutional. Tyranny by majority is not democracy.

Democracy is the will of the people so if the people want that factor in society then in a true democracy they'd get it regardless of the morality of it.

Random question do you think someone should be able to legally marry an animal? What if one has this strong connection with their dog

Good thing America is a republic and not a direct democracy.

Why not just go ahead and throw in the toaster argument while you're at it. It's legal to have sex with animals in what, twenty one states? Can a dog sign marriage papers or comprehend anything they're doing?

If they could then I don't see why it wouldn't be legal.

I'd be friends with black men but all black men are drug dealing thugs so I stay away :~)

I love this. :D

Anyways, I am not one, and don't really like them.

Guys have a g-spot?! I was aware guys had an extra sensation because of the prostate, but not that we have a gspot...

The more you know.

They are one in the same.

Wrong wrong wrong. It's well known that the prostate is a myth.

The way I see it: If it doesn't affect you directly or personally, you have no need to complain about it. I would not choose to be gay/lesbian, just because something inside me simply won't allow me to think that way, but I would never vote against it or try to outlaw it. It's just one of those things where I don't really care if it stays or goes, but I also have this sympathy in the back of my mind for those people who would not be allowed to express their sexuality in the way that they please.

The way I see it: If it doesn't affect you directly or personally, you have no need to complain about it. I would not choose to be gay/lesbian, just because something inside me simply won't allow me to think that way, but I would never vote against it or try to outlaw it. It's just one of those things where I don't really care if it stays or goes, but I also have this sympathy in the back of my mind for those people who would not be allowed to express their sexuality in the way that they please.

are you really implying that being gay is a chose, if so i pray tell you back that up otherwise you're just talking straight out of your butt (lol cause talking about gay people herp derp!)

If gays want to be miserable and get married let em, u wont get me to do anything special for it, but cmon, who cares THAT much about two people that they ban there relationship?

Luftey, i'd question just how many 'gay' people you've met if that's what you've gathered from your homosexual acquaintances.

2 gay uncles who just sit around drink/smoke/complain about life all day and are on welfare as they don't want to work.

Seen a few around school

Seen a couple here there, usually working at resturuants who acted like the ones you see on the model TV shows. And go ahead, watch them yourself, most of the fashion/cooking TV shows have promiment cast members who are gay. You don't tend to see gay people on the Geographic channel when they're filming what goes on at a logging company chopping down trees out west. I've never seen a gay person talking about how he rebuilt his car's engine or other similiar types of work. Once again, I'm not saying that that's bad, just, they have different hobbies/interests.

So while I've seen many, I've never met one who would work a construction worker type job.

If you had taken a moment to think before jumping on the hate Luftey wagon, you'd have realized I wasn't saying I hate them. I have a ton of non-gay friends who aren't into manuel type work, I don't think less of them for it. If you actually had read what I orginally wrote I said the steryotype that I've SEEN ON TV. I don't see a crime in making reference to what's on public television.

I'm not jumping on the hate Luftey wagon (tongue.png) but I think there's a fatal flaw in forming opinions on stereotypes; that stereotypes are not completely accurate.

Being gay is characterised by liking someone of the same sex, not being feminine, a fashion designer or a tv personality. It is unfortunate that these stereotypes exist because many gay people are the opposite; masculine, engineers and sports players.I understand you don't feel you can connect with feminine people, however, as you can not extend the definition of gay people to feminine you can't say that you can't connect with gay people(because they are feminine).

It is another thing to say that you can't connect with gay people because you either don't feel comfortable around them or base your friendships on conversations of the opposite sex.

Edited by Choccy

It' not a 'hate luftey' wagon, i'm just questioning what seems to be a hastily made generalisation about gay people.

Guys, Lufty's just saying that he's not into the really girly guys. He likes the muscular, hairy ones who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty and show you who's boss. smile.png

Edited by heb0

Guys, Lufty's just saying that he's not into the really girly guys. He likes the muscular, hairy ones who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty and show you who's boss. smile.png

Omg Luftey's a uke omgomgomg

Marriage = 2 people who love + care about each other and argue over what to have for dinner. If those criteria are satisfied, then they can marry. I have no problem with them, and know many people who are gay/bi. THEY ARE AX MURDERERS I TELL YE!!!

Err... Very nice people. I frankly don't really care... As long as they don't try and sacrifice me to some deity, they're chill.

~Vincent

are you really implying that being gay is a chose, if so i pray tell you back that up otherwise you're just talking straight out of your butt (lol cause talking about gay people herp derp!)

Read the bolded part.

Read the bolded part.

I have and just did and it still changes nothing he just said he would not choose to be gay because something inside him wouldn't let him. Idk if Im taking this out of context but to me that says hero deep being gay Is a choice

Read the bolded part.

I have and just did and it still changes nothing he just said he would not choose to be gay because something inside him wouldn't let him. Idk if Im taking this out of context but to me that says hero deep being gay Is a choice

Well I interpret it as sexuality isn't a choice, as HE can't turn gay purely because something inside him (his brain) won't let him.

w/e though.

Well it's been proven that the government is turning people gay for population control.

So everyone's going to have to have to deal because they're not a small minority population as they once were a while ago. Rapidly growing.

Alex Jones is a funny guy.

Well it's been proven that the government is turning people gay for population control.

So everyone's going to have to have to deal because they're not a small minority population as they once were a while ago. Rapidly growing.

Not sure if serious or trolling

No it's true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtKT11WmQcY

THEYRE PUTTING ESTROGEN AND FLUORIDE AND MSG IN JUICY JUICE

Even Alex Jones can't resist it.

Edited by heb0

No it's true.

Well those little mother fudgeers.

What's next? They're going to turn our kids gay by putting fluoride in something as innocent as toothpaste??

No it's true.

What's next? They're going to turn our kids gay by putting fluoride in something as innocent as toothpaste??

Oh noes. Is it in Colgate?

No it's true.

Oh noes. Is it in Colgate?

Unfortunately, yes. In fact it would probably be best to just stop brushing teeth altogether!

Holy fudge I just watched this guy's video (

) and the misinformation, lies, and straight paranoia is absolutely pathetic.