Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hyrax

I've Made a New Album

Some of you guys may know I make ambient electronic music under the name "I Am A Car". I've just finished my third LP, "Signal Blocking Nightmare House". I've been working on this guy on-and-off since last Summer so I'm glad to see if finished and really want to get as many people to hear it as possible.

You can stream and download the whole thing for free here: http://iamacar.bandcamp.com

If you like what you hear then go ahead and "like" my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/iamacar

Let me know what you think and please spread the word to anyone you know who may enjoy my music.

Thanks guys.

Much love,

Hyrax.

(P.S. Apologies for the shameless self promotion)

You're a quality producer, so this is cool to see. I'll give it a listen tomorrow. :)

"For CES" is great.

I've loved your work since I clicked the link to your band camp a couple of months ago.

streaming it as i type this up and i must say i'm really impressed :)

if the rest of the album plays as the first few songs do ill be even more impressed

keep it up :)

Fan of your work for a while now. It's got that blend of ambient noise I do enjoy. I'm gonna get the word out to my musical chums.

It's no problem man. I know a few people who loves this sort of music. Me and my mates are trying to organize some local nights in Leeds for hardcore/hip hop/ambient stuff, not sure how far it will go in the planning stage but I want a night totally different to the mainstream stuff at the moment.

Just gonna say, I really really really like the first track. It played this morning through my alarm on my ipod and it took me 30 minutes to figure out what it was. Good job man, I'm enjoying it.

Just gonna say, I really really really like the first track. It played this morning through my alarm on my ipod and it took me 30 minutes to figure out what it was. Good job man, I'm enjoying it.

Thanks, man. I'm remixing that track at this very moment along with two others (A Dream of the Ocean and Turtle Mountain).

I'm gonna make a little 3-track EP of the remixes and upload that within the next two weeks.

Thanks, man. I'm remixing that track at this very moment along with two others (A Dream of the Ocean and Turtle Mountain).

I'm gonna make a little 3-track EP of the remixes and upload that within the next two weeks.

Ah, cool. A Dream of the Ocean is a good track too! Not trying to be a nuthugger or anything, but since my last post I fell in love with the full album.

I'm not very big in the whole ambient or electronic scene, so I don't quite understand or like tracks such as 'Jesus is Lord'.

Some of my favourites on the album have to be 'Platitude Queen', 'A Minute to Reflect' and 'Quantum Foam Party'.

Anyways, nice job man, I can't wait to hear what you have planned for us next.

Did you actually play Salt on a piano, or was it all done with a program?

Did you actually play Salt on a piano, or was it all done with a program?

The piano sound is synthesised but I played the parts using a MIDI keyboard. I recorded it each bit at a time and looped sections whilst adding more on top.

So I did play it but only in little sections and with a lot of help from sound modelling software.

But as with all my music, I pride myself mostly on songwriting. I personally think that whether my music is hard to write or play is uimportant.

I'm just happy that I wrote every single note, melody and chord sequence and the only samples I used were of individual percussion sounds or spoken word parts.

There's no fun in just finding and looping existing tunes!

Thanks guys, really appreciate the kind words.

Hyrax have you ever heard Frank Klepacki's music?

I haven't, what sort of stuff is it? I'll check him out.