Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LegitNoob

I hacked Zezima!

something doesn't seem right the g in legit

otherwise, good fake biggrin.png

Thanks!

If you go into RuneScape and type my name into the chatbox, or anything with a lowercase 'g' in it, you'll notice it does actually overlap the bottom!

('q', 'p', 'f', 'j', also overlap the bottom of the RuneScape chatbox!)

Edited by LegitNoob

Wow, it's flawless from what I can tell (though I haven't played in a while :P). That's a pretty rare trait when it comes to first fakes! :D

That is really good for a first fake! I haven't even attempted a fake because they seem to hard and I don't have the time. I noticed at the bottom where all the differant chats are listed, public is on hide and has a blue background but you are on all. I didn't think anything turned blue as long as you are on all, not sure though since I haven't played in quite a long time.

Edited by Diablo

Eh.. I don't support this kind of fakes..

First of all, the only ones who say their name in the chatbox are the haxorz..

And as a fansite i don't really think we can support this. Even faked..

But yeah, not noticeable :unsure:

Wow, thanks for all the love!

I'll definetly make more in the future with a variety of different themes.

There is however a few little issues with my fake, one I'd like to point out being the bottom right of the skill interface, as you can see some of the background is the wrong colour. Nothing hard to fix, but I'm going to move onto other stuff.

Eh.. I don't support this kind of fakes..

First of all, the only ones who say their name in the chatbox are the haxorz..

And as a fansite i don't really think we can support this. Even faked..

But yeah, not noticeable unsure.png

Sorry to hear that, don't worry though! I'll make plenty of other fakes that have nothing to do with 'hacking' and such. smile.png

As for my name in the chatbox, I know hackers do that.. that's why I did. To make it look a bit more realistic.

Wow, it's flawless from what I can tell (though I haven't played in a while tongue.png). That's a pretty rare trait when it comes to first fakes! biggrin.png

Thanks, but this wouldn't have been possible without the help from your fake kit!

Edited by LegitNoob

Oh, I noticed a minor flaw. The name "Zezima" looks a bit odd, especially if you zoom in on it. I know what causes that flaw, but I didn't notice before because the background of the chatbox made it far less noticeable.

Anyways, this page on my website explains a few things about my RS fonts (and also applies to font faking in general, not just my fonts tongue.png). The part describing the flaw is this:

In MS Paint for Windows Vista or Windows 7, you'll notice that after you're done typing, the text becomes "fuzzy". In most screenshot fakes, this is not good. You need to turn off Font Smoothing/Cleartype temporarily if you do not want this to happen (believe me, it will ruin fakes and make them hard to fix!). I have made mini-guides on how to do this for Vista and Windows 7 - you just might want to turn Font Smoothing/Cleartype back on after you are finished! An alternative to going through this trouble for every single MS Paint fake you make is to simply use an older version of Paint (Source Site) - it thankfully ignores font smoothing settings!

It'll probably be more noticeable in other situations, such as blue text on the chatbox, or yellow text above heads, so it's worth knowing the above tip to stop that from happening :P

And don't worry too much about what Star said - there have been many other people faking "Zezima hacked" or "I hacked a Jmod" or stuff like that, and people have never ran into trouble or taken it seriously :P. As long as you don't try tricking people into thinking a fake's real (by posting it outside of the Fakes section without mentioning it's fake), there shouldn't be any problems.

I just found an error: Somebody is saying something on the gamescreen but it isn't in the chatbox :P.

I just found an error: Somebody is saying something on the gamescreen but it isn't in the chatbox :P.

That's what setting Public to Hide does :P

I'll check that out thanks Wolfie! I knew that was happening, but forgot to fix it, as you can see I fixed the '2496' in total level.

I just found an error: Somebody is saying something on the gamescreen but it isn't in the chatbox tongue.png.

Setting Public to 'Hide' pretty much allows you to see what people are saying, without it popping up in the chatbox.

I noticed this myself when I was making it, so I changed out the button for another. ;)

I welcome you to the Screenshot Fakes section, the oldest and nearest to death of all the sections on the forum!

I'd rate this but I don't have any more Boxes to give for a 10/10.

Edited by Amber Pyrilmas

didnt know this section still exists

nice work though

Do something like unbelievable hard next, please!

I'll see how I go. I'm going to work on my own Fake Kit first, once that's complete I'll start trying to challenge myself a lot more! :)

didnt know this section still exists

nice work though

Do something like unbelievable hard next, please!

I'll see how I go. I'm going to work on my own Fake Kit first, once that's complete I'll start trying to challenge myself a lot more! smile.png

Very nice, might be looking forward to it :)

It's nice but it looks a little tad off.

Might want to elaborate on that.

That is super close to perfect. However, I noticed the pickaxe in the mining skill seems a little too high. Is it supposed to be like that, or is that a mistake?

Rating - 7/9

That is super close to perfect. However, I noticed the pickaxe in the mining skill seems a little too high. Is it supposed to be like that, or is that a mistake?

Rating - 7/9

I believe it's normally like that; If you look closely, you can see many of the other skill icons crossing the border of the boxes. The pickaxe is just more visible.

Yeah it's normally like that, if you look at the sword in the attack skillbox, it comes close to breaking the border too!