Sal's RuneScape Forum

Sleep Paralysis and Lucid Dreaming

RatedR

Looking in a mirror essentially shows your your deepest fear subconscious fear usually.

If you don't mind me asking, what did it show for you? ohmy.png

i would actually wanna look through the mirror o.O

i dont think i have a genuine fear :X

that i know of, as of yet..

oh and last night i fell off a cliff and hit the rocks, died. Then woke up :3

Am I the only one who gets enough visual stimuli during the day and actually enjoys straight up sleeping?

smoking weed makes me have really weird dreams i think

this post is irrelevant to redmonkes post

I usually take benadryl (Diphenhydramine) every night to force myself to go to sleep so I'm usually knocked out and don't have dreams.

Edited by redmonke

Am I the only one who gets enough visual stimuli during the day and actually enjoys straight up sleeping?

I usually take benadryl (Diphenhydramine) every night to force myself to go to sleep so I'm usually knocked out and don't have dreams.

i havent been able to remember much from my dreams lately

dream journals really help with that, you just have to write in them like RIGHT after you wake up, and after a week or two you'll notice that your dreams are more vivid and you'll be able to remember more in them, its pretty sweet

Edited by N3wb

I don't understand why people want to have lucid dreams

if it helps I usually get them when I wake up early then go back to sleep

Lucid dreams help with awareness, and can reduce the effect of nightmares. Either by you having the ability to manipulate things in your favor or realizing that it isn't real.

The Dream, I always wake my self up if its scary. I can't fly though. biggrin.png I can control my dream.

The paralysis thing, how do you do it? tongue.png

Is the dream thing, you want to wake up but you are stuck in the dream?

If you want sleep paralysis, start cutting hours of sleep from your days, and sleep on your back. Pretty much automatic.

There's other stuff you can do, but it escapes my memory right now.

Sleep paralysis (or at least something similar) just happened to me the same day I found out about it.

Was in a dream and I looked into a mirror for a split second then it happened.

Don't remember what I saw in it, just this strange feeling of being pressed down and falling at the same time, and loud wind in my ear.

Happened like 3 times but it stopped when I rolled over to the side instead of lying on my back.

Sleep paralysis (or at least something similar) just happened to me the same day I found out about it.

Don't remember what I saw in it, just this strange feeling of being pressed down and falling at the same time, and loud wind in my ear.

Happened like 3 times but it stopped when I rolled over to the side instead of lying on my back.

That doesn't really sound like it besides the pressing down thing.

Also, I know someone in this topic said they wake up breathing really loudly and have to take moments to catch their breath, it might not be sleep paralysis at all. It could be sleep apnea, which causes you to stop breathing until your brain kicks in and realizes that you need to breathe to stay alive. And so the sudden act of loud breathing trying to rush air into your lungs might be what is waking you up.

Just a thought. :cute:

That doesn't really sound like it besides the pressing down thing.

Also, I know someone in this topic said they wake up breathing really loudly and have to take moments to catch their breath, it might not be sleep paralysis at all. It could be sleep apnea, which causes you to stop breathing until your brain kicks in and realizes that you need to breathe to stay alive. And so the sudden act of loud breathing trying to rush air into your lungs might be what is waking you up.

Just a thought. cute.png

Hmm yea could be. Honestly not really sure I just know that it's never happened to me before. Just thought I'd share it

I'll just worry about lucid dreams instead

Edited by Stormer

Sounds healthy

I don't dream either (well very rarely)

Thing is though visual stimulus has very little to do with why we dream. Or at least we're not certain. In fact scientists know very little about how dreams or even sleep works for that matter and why it happens.

I think I once woke up feeling like I was falling, but considering my stays are normally work-filled, and I have to get up immediately, I don't have much time for either.

Regarding sleep paralysis, never had it, but that's also because I find it physically impossible for me to sleep on my back. I'll probably have both tonight, though, I'll see how tonight works.

I never can remember my dreams :/

If you are woken suddenly by an alarm clock or someone you will forget the dream

but if you have a natural sleep and get up when your body wants to

you're more likely to remember your dreams

but as soon as you wake up you have so many things to do.. go in the bathroom etc etc

so since you were born your brain has taught itself to forget dreams after 5 minutes out of dream state

I like having dreams that I remember on waking,it makes me amazed and amused by what my mind cooks up. Unless it's work I'm dreaming about.

I haven't dreamt in quite a while though,probably because I'm not getting enough sleep consistently.

If you are woken suddenly by an alarm clock or someone you will forget the dream

Guess I'm different huh? ;)

I usually remember those where I'm woken up mid dream. Usually the person waking me is incorporated into the last moments of the dream though for an alarm clock, I just jerk awake.

As for lucid dreaming, I've experienced it in several phases of my life. In about half the dreams I remember, I know I am dreaming while having them. In a portion of those, I can affect my dream to varying extent. :) But not will myself awake... -.-

As for remembering dreams, probably because I like to talk about the odder ones (sharing wacky dreams with fellow creative people ftw... especially when they involve me running about painting stuff out of thin air),I usually remember most of the dream for several hours after, though yes if it's really mundane, I forget them because they're not worth remembering :lol:

Never experienced sleep paralysis however.

Edited by Un0

I don't have lucid dreams as my operating system doesn't support them. I've considered upgrading my brain to a newer OS but decided that lucid dreaming isn't important enough, nor are the bug fixesKSDJHBG;PIKASD'OWERTSDGMASDFMwJHMLERMNHPIKNGB213[ONJ4;IUJBGH'KMIJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ-

Yeah I'm back, had to reboot there.

Where was I? Ah, yes. To be fair, sexual assault is probably the only thing I'd do in my lucid dreams.

Edited by theking1322