Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
-Leaf-

XP rates for all skills? - plz contribute

I'm finding it a lot harder to get find XP rates in each skill to create a fair adjustment based on natural XP rate limits.

What do you think are feasible training methods and their base XP/h rates for each skill, for medium-high level players?

Skilling methods considered should have gp/xp ratios that are not completely outrageous, such as Demonic Thrones which cost far too much to be a training method that many people would use.

Remember that this is for BXP (but the rates below are before applying the 2.7x bxp modifier), so people can afford to do somewhat expensive or difficult training methods.

Remember that people are not perfect, so cannot achieve maximum XP rates in high-concentration, click-intensive training methods.

My thoughts so far:

Format is Skill - XP rate - possible training methods | higher level xp rate - higher level training methods

Att/Def/Str - 100kxp/h - Slaying with pots+piety | 150kxp/h - Slaying with chaotics/exts/piety / camping dark beasts / BGS-ing decaying avatar

HP - 50kxp/h - Slay | 100kxp/h - chinning

Range - 250kxp/h - chinning | 350kxp/h - chinning

Mage - 200kxp/h - String amulet with Hunter kit / barraging rock lobs / bursting skeletons

Pray - 400kxp/h - D bones | 1000kxp/h - FD bones

Cooking - 450kxp/h | 700kxp/h - wine

Woodcutting - 70kxp/h | 100kxp/h - Teaks/Arctic pines

Fletching - 200kxp/h - Mag longs | 600kxp/h - Broad arrows

Fishing - 60kxp/h - Fly fishing with urns | 90kxp/h - Barbarian with urns/C2s with cosmics

Firemaking - 400kxp/h - magic logs (poh butler or backwards) | 500kxp/h - magic logs double pyrelording

Crafting - 280kxp/h - low gems/dhide bodies | 400kxp/h - Black dhide/ruby

Smithing - 100kxp/h supheat gold | 200kxp/h - addy plates

Mining - 65kxp/h LRC gold with urns banking | 100kxp/h - LRC gold with urns drop/alching

Herblore - 150kxp/h - serums | 400kxp/h - Recov specials | 700kxp/h - Ext range / Ovl pre-prepared

Agility - 50kxp/h - Ape atoll | 70kxp/h - Gnome/Barb advanced

Thieving - 250kxp/h - Monkeys/pyramid plunder

Slayer - 45kxp/h - powerslaying with cannon and canceling bad tasks

Farming - 1500kxp/h - highest level trees

Runecrafting - 50kxp/h - ZMI

Hunter - 70kxp/h - falconry/red sala | 200kxp/h - Jadinkos/butterflies

Construction - 700kxp/h - mahog tables

Summoning - 1000kxp/h - granite lobsters | 1500kxp/h - Pak Yak/Steel titan using Kyatt + tokkul ring

Dungeoneering - 80kxp/h - randoms | 200kxp/h - decent team

Edited by -Leaf-

What about making F2P rates?

Never knew farming was 1500K/h. :D

What about making F2P rates?

Never knew farming was 1500K/h. biggrin.png

"Remember that this is for BXP (but the rates below are before applying the 2.7x bxp modifier)"

Because this is for BXP, preparation before the weekend is not counted so in the case of farm, it is only the time taken to check every tree.

F2p do not get BXP.

I think some of those rates push human limits while others are only average or so. For example, I think 70k at Barb advanced requires perfection while others (such as Runecrafting, Hunter and Theiving) are more conservative estimations. This gives an interesting idea to go in the tips and guides section though.

I think some of those rates push human limits while others are only average or so. For example, I think 70k at Barb advanced requires perfection while others (such as Runecrafting, Hunter and Theiving) are more conservative estimations. This gives an interesting idea to go in the tips and guides section though.

Well, can you give me some numbers that you think are reasonable? I'm doing this because I want to equalize skills as much as possible for one category in the BXPW competition.

Personally I think slaying with extrs/turm/chaotics is more like 120-130k/hr, but I don't pay that much attention to exp rates.

Chinning is probably closer to 300k/hr than 350k too, since most people that will be chinning won't be 99 range.

I bet nobody will agree on a single rate for any skill, so I'll post multiple rates for every non-combat that the max rate is difficult to obtain. (Combats I really don't know and slayer can vary so I'll leave that to someone else) I think I gave a good range for exp rates, keep in mind, I gave lower level methods lower values than their actual max because usually lower levels aren't very ephishient.

Pray - 1.05m/500k/400kxp/h - Frost/d bones/d bones

Cooking - 800k/650k/350k - wine/wine/rocktails (Some people might get as low as 400k doing wines though)

Woodcutting - 110k/90k/75k Teaks/pines//teaks/pines/ivy

Fletching - 650k/500k/185k/135k broads/broads/magiclongs/yewlongs

Fishing - 90k/85k/60k/40k - c2/barb/barb/rocktails

Firemaking - 440k/400k/180k/ - magic logs/magic logs/maple logs

Crafting - 400k/300k - feather headresses/dhide bodies

Smithing - 200kxp/h - addy plates

Mining - 100k/80k/65k/40k - lrcgold/lrcgold/lrcgold(banking?)/iron

Herblore - screw herblore had bad numbers from ideut, 2k pots/hr

Agility-70k/60k/50k/40k-barb or gnome/barb or gnome/ape atoll or wilderness/ape atoll or wilderness

Thieving - 250k/200k/150k- 91+/81+/71+pp

Slayer - 45k/30k/10k powerslay well/powerslay low combat/no powerslay

Farming - 1500k is accepted number, 1200k if you're slow at runs

Runecrafting - 65k/50k/35k/25k- zmi/zmi mid lvl/zmi sub 75/graahk

Hunter - 275k/200k- 90+ draconics/amphibious jadinkos or black warlocks?

Construction - 850k/600k/350k/200k Varies HIGHLY on apm, mahog tables/mahog tables/oak doors?/oak larders badly

Summoning - 1000kxp/h - granite lobsters | 1500kxp/h - Pak Yak/Steel titan using Kyatt + tokkul ring

Dungeoneering - 200k/20k decent team/w77

Edited by And drew

60k for agility, 55k for rc if you fill bank and never mess up majorly, 220k+ for hunter (very level dependent)... have seen people get 320k/h. Mining is more like 80-90k/h. Smithing can be 225k xp/h with rune platelegs and they lose about 1gp/xp or less (with scroll).

all your xp rates are off imo!

those xp rates are the most.. costly imo..

like fletching.. Normal people with a little bank do yew longs, not broads..

Herblore - sara brews around 1K pots an hour.. so 180K..

Prayer - how the fudge do you get that much xp an hour?!.. more like 150-250K an hour..

You know xp rates of no lifing vs fun playing are so different.

PS/ dungeoneering.. I only get round 70K p an hour and that is with decent team, but might depend on the level.

Edited by Star

all your xp rates are off imo!

those xp rates are the most.. costly imo..

like fletching.. Normal people with a little bank do yew longs, not broads..

Herblore - sara brews around 1K pots an hour.. so 180K..

Prayer - how the fudge do you get that much xp an hour?!.. more like 150-250K an hour..

You know xp rates of no lifing vs fun playing are so different.

PS/ dungeoneering.. I only get round 70K p an hour and that is with decent team, but might depend on the level.

On a bonus XP weekend, everyone will be trying to get the maximum possible (and reasonable) xp rates at their level, and are more willing to do more costly methods (to some extent).

Basically the XP rates that I want to find are maximum potential XP rates for one's level, cutting off a bit for human error.

One other thing, I want to avoid those training methods that rely on selling products back to the GE for a significant return on the original investment, since supply is going to go way up and push down the prices once BXP begins. As such I'm somewhat hesitant to include things like ruby+ gems, addy plates, or battlestaffs.

^ For that, I guess you could add artisans then.

I realized that I'm going at this the wrong way - there is no way for me to know what training methods someone will be using.

I'll have to redo the numbers based on the maximum potential xp rates limited by level - meaning a bit more info might be needed for resource skills, and less for production skills, none for prayer, etc.