Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rubyyyy

What do you think of the new update?

I'm not sure why everyone seems to hate this update. I know I've disliked some of the things that Jagex have done in the past, but this is genuinely a decent update. It's not like it's bound to an area which nobody ever visits - it's somewhat reworked the whole game. It's no longer a boring colour change when progressing up the armour ranks, they actually look better the higher you ascend!

I'll edit this as I go along I guess:

Mixed opinions on the armour rework. Neitiznot helm, void range and mage helm look awful, and I preferred the old infinity hat.

However, metal armours (particularly rune ((particularly zamorak set))) look fantastic, elite void looks snazzy, torso is definitely a step up (though not incredible), and varrock armour looks legitimately cool.

All in all I'm happy with the armour updates.

EDIT1: They broke my infinity boots :(

Edited by Jethraw

I think it's pretty much garbage.

Rune is awful.......

My void is awful (The melee helm is a shield on your face and void ranged is.....)

Rune is terrible, there are a ton of glitches with shields. As far as I know, the dragon shield is totally fudged up.

I was about to make a topic. I don't like it. End of story. We all got Jagex'd. :crying: I'm crying.

You won't care in a month, just like every other graphical update.

You won't care in a month, just like every other graphical update.

this ^

also, whatever really. i dislike nezzy, but if you legitimately care how you look pixelated, you really need to get off runescape.

It's pretty dumb to say that if you care about a game you're playing that you should stop playing it.

I think if you're completely indifferent to how a game your playing actually plays - that's when you need to stop. It's at that point you're playing for sheer addiction. Of course graphics and aesthetics matter.

Edited by Jethraw

bandos is totally fudgeed up :/ it was like coolest armour to get yeh ik ik stats aren't gone but there are people to who get armours just to look good

I don't like the new Armadyl look.

I don't like how black d'hide turned out. ( I don't mind the green though)

A lot of armor looks too similar to others now.

I do really like the new graphic gnome areas, especially when I play on max settings.

I really can't say that I like any of it, sure you can say that it doesn't matter it's just armour; but for something like bandos that does cost a fair bit of money; to then change it under a minor, if anybodies preferences to "keep progressing as a game" I really just don't see the point.

I think the update is fine, people have just grown accustomed to what bandos and other armours have looked like the past year or so and change has unsettled them. If bandos had started out how it looks now and changed to the old look i bet it would get the same complaints its getting now. Im still using items for stats and not looks so this update is just fine for me.

-Die Hard

Honestly I don't get why people rage about these graphical updates more than they do for actual game-breaking updates.

I don't see what everyone's complaining about. I agree that there were a few rubbish updates (void range helm) but watching runesharks videos on this update made me realise just how bad the old armour was. The updated versions have so much more detail, it just blows the old armour out of the water, even armadyl and bandos.

Also elite black looks fudgeING AMAZING!

Almost all armour has been improved. The one exception that stands out to me is the Void Range Helm.

I bought dragon the day before the update, and I have to say, it looks immense.

In short, my opinion of this update is high.