• 15th April (sun)
  2. 2. Which Date would you most prefer?

• 7th April (sat)
    • 8th April (sun + easter)
    • 9th April (mon)
    • 13th April (fri)
    • 14th April (sat)
    • 15th April (sun)

Right thought it would be best to try and manage it in a seperate topic to the main minecraft one.

For those of you who didn't read my post in that topic; the general idea is to have a last man standing type competition in minecraft. We'll have a limited world (about 1500x1500) and all participating players will spawn in a random location (or in a central location depending on what everybody wants) and it's basically last one standing. It will be in hardcore mode so the only healing will be with the use of golden apples or potions. So what we need to survive against is mobs, other players, hunger and other elements of the environment.

Interested?

Based on current times people are free it would probably take place on Sunday 8th April at 9PM GMT.

Who else has shown interest?

Randomness - EST (free weekends)

Admiral - EST (free weekends)

Guitarguy - EST (free weekends)

Beret - Unknown timezone but he nolifes so can make any time.

Lonely - GMT +10

Toon - CST

if you're interested post below and let me know if you can make the 8th at 9pm (GMT).

It will be held on the Gahcraft server and if anybody needs offline mode (tutututpirates) that can be arranged.

Will post rules here and such in a short while.

Rules

- Will be on Hardcore (meaning no health regain except through Restoration potions or apples)

- No logging out during the games except for uncontrollable issues, such as internet failing (although the duration of the time offline may mean you're disqualified).

- I don't know if people want alliances to be allowed or not

- No branch mining? - they had this rule on Mindcrack and it worked well as it encouraged dangerous cave exploration.

- More to come.

Edited by Gonzyy

Ehh, I don't like the idea of having to survive against hunger. It can be such a massive pain.

If you make it the 7th I'd be able to participate. It actually makes more sense to have it on a Saturday night than a Sunday night.

Ehh, I don't like the idea of having to survive against hunger. It can be such a massive pain.

If you make it the 7th I'd be able to participate. It actually makes more sense to have it on a Saturday night than a Sunday night.

It's hardcore survival :P. Hunger is part of it, plus it's pretty easy to find meat and apples so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for anybody.

And I personally would be unable to make the 7th due to Saturday night plans and I can imagine a few other people would make plans for a Saturday evening but if the majority of people want it then instead that's fine but I can't see it lasting much longer than ~4hours so we would be finished before midnight for GMT players and even earlier for EST.

I have no idea what time this will be for me, but I'd be in.

I can play most of the time, I don't have a life so it kinda depends on weather or not my friend wants to play a different game.

Also, no healing other then golden apples and potions is really harsh, as it will be getting to the nether will be your first priority, and the nether is really dangerous if you can't heal.

Also, no healing other then golden apples and potions is really harsh, as it will be getting to the nether will be your first priority, and the nether is really dangerous if you can't heal.

However you heal in hardcore will be the healing.

It will go on too long otherwise.

Hunger will be a big problem, so surviving against that will be a huge problem.

And if I calculated correctly, 8pm GMT is 3pm EST, so yes that's fine.

Hunger will be a big problem, so surviving against that will be a huge problem.

Which is all part of the fun >:D. There are enough animals around.

We should start discussing the alliance decision.

If there aren't any rules about it, an alliance could be a strategic part of the game (especially considering your ally could backstab you at any moment). But considering how afraid of death people will be, or how afraid I will be at least, people might only make alliances and the game would go on forever. Or rather, everybody would make an alliance besides one person and that one would be doomed.

I should read the book to prepare a strategy. :closedeyes:

Edited by Guitarguy

We shouldn't make alliances until we're actually in the game IMO.

I know, I was referring to the decision as to whether alliances should even be allowed.

It should definitely be decided in-game if so; the outcome of events prior to the point of meeting somebody would decide whether or not an alliance would be the right choice.

I'll do this, I am free on weekends and can spare a lot of time for it

alliances beforehand would be kind of dumb

However you heal in hardcore will be the healing.

It will go on too long otherwise.

I thought in hardcore you can heal yourself with a full food bar? :huh: from playing a hardcore save before, I know that you can do this unless multiplayer is different

hardcore is just double damage from the environment (falling, drowing, fire I think) and hard mode stuff

Edited by Breeze

If we're doing this, I need to know for sure it's the 8th so I can call off work.

If we're doing this, I need to know for sure it's the 8th so I can call off work.

One person has opposed to it being on the 8th. So it seems most people can make it on the Sunday. If majority of people would prefer it on the saturday say now so people including beret can book the right day off work.

Will be at 4PM EST (9pm gmt). Will last until about 7PM EST (12pm gmt).

and the thing about alliances in game would be communication as text would be able to be viewed by everybody unless some sort of plugin is used for local chat.

@Breeze sorry if full hunger does heal you in hardcore, in the series I'm watching it doesn't and that's what's making it interesting to watch :P.

Edited by Gonzyy

If someone has a vent/team speak server, we could use that. That way, we could easily relay info to everyone quickly

I can play at both times, so I don't care.

Don't we just need to use /msg for alliances to work?

Also, what about nameplates? Being able to see people from far distances behind blocks seems to ruin some of the fun, but I don't know whether there's a plugin to disable them.

Also, what about nameplates? Being able to see people from far distances behind blocks seems to ruin some of the fun, but I don't know whether there's a plugin to disable them.

Beret means for group chat. Sure, for 2 player teams /msg is fine, but you can't talk 3 ways or more simultaneously.

If someone has a vent/team speak server, we could use that. That way, we could easily relay info to everyone quickly

Wouldn't skype work? :P.

Crouching whilst hidden behind a block makes your nameplate invisible, so we'll just use that.

oooo Can I play? Weekends and 3:30pm-2:30am EST

ofc.

Crouching whilst hidden behind a block makes your nameplate invisible, so we'll just use that..

But who wants to crouch all the time? How would you know if someone is watching you and you don't know they are there to sneak and hide your name.

We should make this as human as possible.

Edited by Smilefishy

Beret means for group chat. Sure, for 2 player teams /msg is fine, but you can't talk 3 ways or more simultaneously.

I didn't necessarily intend for there to be official teams, but rather the option to not kill somebody if you desire and perhaps help each other out. Forming teams would complicate and unbalance things in my opinion.

Wouldn't skype work? :P.

Crouching whilst hidden behind a block makes your nameplate invisible, so we'll just use that.

Crouching the whole time sounds very inconvenient. We don't want the game to be even slower <_<.

Edited by Guitarguy

Nameplates don't even show up that far. I bet we could find a bukkit plugin that we could use to vanish nameplates.

I remember seeing a plugin that makes you sneak at full speed the entire time. I don't have access to my computer at the moment to find it though :(

Also, maybe a plugin to disable Zombe? Just in case?

Edited by Zooey

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.