Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Anyone here ride bikes?

I've picked up cycling recently from recreational riding. It is so much fun and a rush to just peddle up and down hills, then make sharp turns.

I agree[d]; then I got a car

I've been cycling for a couple years now, my brother got my dad and I into it. I did this ride two years ago, but so far I haven't had the opportunity to go again. I'm hoping to go this year!

I like to ride mountain bikes, I never have gotten into cycling though because there are a lot of gravel/pavement/dirt trails near me.

oh, I forgot to mention that I currently don't have a bike right now, after I bottomed out a couple times the frame became really unstable and pretty much broke.

Edited by Clavius

Just started training for my first triathlon, and as such, acquired my first road bike :)

082f7094793011e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

This is my baby right now. An old 80's Vintage Nishiki built for Suntour.

The only thing I hate about it is that it has stem-shifters. My LBS won't install jockey shifters.

My bike is my main mode of transport. Parking near me is hell and petrol prices are scandalous. I ride to and from work everyday. It was so nice and sunny today I took the long way home down a mahoosive hill. SO MUCH FUN!

082f7094793011e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

This is my baby right now. An old 80's Vintage Nishiki built for Suntour.

The only thing I hate about it is that it has stem-shifters. My LBS won't install jockey shifters.

Please pardon my french, but the fudge is with that photograph? Why is it rotated and blurry?

My phone camera is pretty poor sometimes.

I tried biking around my neighborhood for a month once. Though I had to stop because I biked with a group of friends, but the neighborhood we live in has some gangsters thinking that we're a gang, so they follow us everywhere and make threats about us being in their territory. Our parents told us to stop before we get into some mess.

I might pick it up again later this summer.

On good days I ride my bike to school and work, its a really enjoyable workout. I used to bike because it was my only mode of transportation (apart from bugging my mom to give me rides), so I saved up and bought a car. The car was nice for winter weather but when it gets nice out, driving is nothing compared to being out on a bike. I also have an app on my iPhone that records distance traveled and I use that to calculate how much gas I save by biking instead of driving, its a nice little motivator. Only issue is the roads in my city are crap and sometimes I'm forced to ride on the sidewalk which is no fun at all.

My Bike:

TZadf.jpg

1QRo1.jpg

Edited by FeedMyEgo

i have a mongoose capture BMX

never lets me down

quite handy to nip into collage and town (:

but not much of a hobby

i just use it because it is available

and im 17 in may so i can get my driving license then XD

1981 Schwinn World sport. handlebar tape rotting off and one pedal held on by liquid cement (bolt threaded wrong way so loosens itself). Homemade paint job currently flaking off and rusting. AWWWWWW YEEAAAAAAH

I rode quite frequently up until last spring, but quit due to my bike falling apart. After that I was pretty much limited to riding to and from classes. I'm considering buying a new one and getting back into it, though. If I didn't work 30 minutes away (driving) from my apartment in the middle of nowhere, I would love to bike to work.

Edited by heb0

I use to ride bikes a lot but then I got a car and with the convenience of just driving a car I rarely ride my bike anymore. Although, I admit that I would like to take it down again as a recreational activity.

Absolutely. Practically the only cheap way to transport myself here in the Netherlands, that is until the government starts paying for public transport when I'm a student. Regardless, as far as I know there are more bikes than people in the Netherlands, so you can do the math :P

I currently have a giant road bike, and multiple specialized mountain bikes. I work on and ride them, i love biking. I actually work at a local bike shop its awesome!

i like to skateboard and ripstick :) ripsticking is v fun

Sometimes.

I loved riding my bike a full speed, weaving in and out of crouds in a desperate attempt to get to class on time.

And then it got stolen...

That's what happened to my bike as well. I liked riding it a lot, plus the fact that I used to live in a small town.

Biking is fun. Except for going up hills. That's not so fun, or maybe I'm just lazy.