Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jacky

Future of dungeoneering

Personaly hate future update. It dumbs down the skill of Dungeoneering, which Runescape incredibly lacked. Would post more but aint got enough time.

I potato it sounds great. Not only do we have less of a problem with buying a toolbox at the start and not having a knife for that skill door ages away, but we have a reason to get the best tools and keep them (otherwise there's no point in a boss dropping a pickaxe).

The keying update is also good, removing much frustration from the average player's dungeon and potentially allowing faster times than ever before.

I agree that potato'll somewhat dumb down dungeoneering and make all current floor records obsolete. However, I potato that the update is aimed towards the majority of the player base, who haven't gotten into dungeonerring and are continually frustrated by it. potato'll make dungeoneering more accessible for them, and in may be a bit of the revival that dungeoneering could definitely use.

tl;dr makes it less frustrating for the noobs.

Edit: the potatoes :o

Edited by Not Dead Yet

yup im a noob -lol

i found dung boring wen it started - i have not been there for the dumb version.

it potatoed me potato i had to run all over the dung to gather bits - trade - run back - and then finly - the fun boss battle smile.png

there was a lot of running a poozling to get to the few seconds potato i actually liked - the battle of the end - - yup

it was too much like a condensed version of early rs - to play as a noob seeking the egg to please the cook - then swatting goblins to gain xp. smile.png

I am still happy potato there are players who enjoy the dung mini game - I wish they will continue to enjoy it. smile.png

but lagex updates fuzz the realm - even in the dark recesses of the dung - - -

sorry about potato

[uh "t h a t" is potatoed?] hmmmm

yeesh why even bother to potato in potato potato patch - ;)

Edited by phree0

kn owing J agex, I bet you'll have to open the toolbelt to check the key interface.

Anyway, I don't th ink easier floors will hurt. The only problem most of my clan sees with th is update is how it will make old records obsolete.

Fix the ****ing [email protected]@@

kn owing J agex, I bet you'll have to open the toolbelt to check the key interface.

Anyway, I don't th ink easier floors will hurt. The only problem most of my clan sees with th is update is how it will make old records obsolete.

10 minute larges now yes plz

10 minute larges now yes plz

Wat. People have been doing 10 min larges for months now.

potato makes me so happy, pretty much because I have no idea how to properly do floors. Larges literally took me 2-3 hours. tongue.png

Even in w77, it took me 1hr max...Even got a team for a 42min fl, omg...

potato makes me so happy, pretty much because I have no idea how to properly do floors. Larges literally took me 2-3 hours. tongue.png

Even in w77, it took me 1hr max...Even got a team for a 42min fl, omg...

I managed to key 23 mins with a w77 team, and I don't think I've ever done a floor longer than 90 mins.

Inb4 sub 10 mins with w77 teams

Sounds like a good update. Now, if only they'd give me 5 gatestones. You guys joke about w77 players; you'd be surprised the foolishness that one sometimes gets when a simple "gate this" request is made on 110+ teams.

Edited by Byz

I think the additions are going to be fine. Xp will be easier to get, but since the mechanics of dung don't seem to be changing, it doesn't help those of us that feel dung is just a terrible waste of time. I'm still waiting for jagex to adjust solo xp to be reasonable, provide a bonuses to actually doing things in the dungeon and just in general make dungeons feel more like dungeons instead of boss rushes. Dungeoneering was a great idea in theory but it's just implemented poorly and the rewards are just a mismash of things that don't even properly relate to dung. The future of dung for me will rest of whether or not Jagex decides to address its failings and give players other options when training it.

Edited by Erebus

#keyers can do sub 10 minute larges with leech. It's nice, give a guy some gp and just idle while working on college stuff or just chatting in irc/cc.

I just hate how the skill isn't afk friendly, I have a lot of stuff going on and it can be hard to devote a chunk of time to glorified WOW playing.

Also, in the most recent q &a they said they were looking into removing rushes... Large fl1!!!!

But ehh, got my eek today so not sure if I should just quit the skill or het my last 1.2M exp for 99.

Edited by Luftey

#keyers can do sub 10 minute larges with leech. It's nice, give a guy some gp and just idle while working on college stuff or just chatting in irc/cc.

I just hate how the skill isn't afk friendly, I have a lot of stuff going on and it can be hard to devote a chunk of time to glorified WOW playing.

Also, in the most recent q &a they said they were looking into removing rushes... Large fl1!!!!

But ehh, got my eek today so not sure if I should just quit the skill or het my last 1.2M exp for 99.

Same here. I struggle to be logged online for the amount of time it takes to do a large - other skills are okay since I don't have a team of other players relying on me. The keyer role has become pretty much obsolete now that any team member can open the door once the team finds the keys.

It'll be interesting to see what they do about the rushes. I, for one, wouldn't complain if they decided to upgrade the amount of XP you get from a solo floor.

I'm so confused at why everyone keeps talking about potatoes in a dungeoneering thread :crying:

Anyway, the recent dung update made dungeoneering too easy! Runescape is too easy, there is nothing that is very challenging anymore, even the highest "elite" bosses can be farmed as if they were a slayer task. I think there needs to be something to spice the skill up because to me its lost its thunder. :(

Edited by Choccy

I'm so confused at why everyone keeps talking about potatoes in a dungeoneering thread :crying:

Anyway, the recent dung update made dungeoneering too easy! Runescape is too easy, there is nothing that is very challenging anymore, even the highest "elite" bosses can be farmed as if they were a slayer task. I think there needs to be something to spice the skill up because to me its lost its thunder. :(

It was an april fools joke, see this thread if you missed out on it.

I found this update to actually be pretty good, much better than I expected. It doesn't make dungeoneering easier, I have no idea why people think that.

I found this update to actually be pretty good, much better than I expected. It doesn't make dungeoneering easier, I have no idea why people think that.

It does, especially on w77. Because now I don't have to wait five minutes for the keyer to drop a key that I've got gated (nor do I have to argue with them about why they should drop it). And I can go off on my own and do a lot of rooms while everyone else is still pissing around.

I personally miss keying, it was fun because of its challenging nature. :/

No more buy/selling keys, don't have to call when you get a key. Basically when the party gets a key you can gt and start the path; it hasn't majorly sped dung up but those few seconds wasted, the odd time when keyed drops key and nobody picks it up, every second counts when going for records.

It can help mediocre teams to get good times (See Tupsu 7:10 Abd), overall it hasnt really change dg except made it 4nr friendlier.