Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OfMoonsBirdsMonsters

Child Birth Vs. Kidney Stone

Which one hurts more? In my own opinion, I would say passing a kidney stone would hurt much much more. It can take over 4 days to pass one, and can severely tear the sensitive tissue. Discuss?

No idea, but probably a kidney stone. I'll never go through labor and I'm trying not to find out how much a kidney stone hurts.

Interesting signature/avatar by the way.

- snip -

Back on the subject at hand, before I was so rudely challenged; a human body can bear only upto 45 Del (unit) of pain before it becomes unbearable and pass out. But at the time of giving birth, a woman feels upto 57 Del of Pain, the equivalent of having about 20 bones fractured at the same time. Passing a kidney stone is around 60 Del of Pain. It is rumored that a hard kick to the balls is around 9,000 Del. Just a thought.

Edited by heb0
off-topic

Pain is subjective. Can't compare the two. There's only personal experience involved with this, and since no single person can actually have both (let's ignore the hermaphrodites), we can't actually provide any sort of research on the topic.

Off-topic inflammatory snipped ~heb0~

Edited by heb0

- snip-

We can always guess which one would hurt more, but I guess, like you said, it would be impossible to tell without first hand experience. Always can be measured in Del, which I posted above. Del is standard units of pain. Kidney stones are more painful when being measured in Del units.

Edited by heb0
off-topic snipped

They defined one dol to equal to "just noticeable differences" (jnd's) in pain. The unit never came into widespread use and other methods are now used to assess the level of pain experienced by patients.

JND:

In psychophysics, a just noticeable difference, customarily abbreviated with lowercase letters as jnd, is the smallest detectable difference between a starting and secondary level of a particular sensory stimulus.[1] It is also known as the difference limen or the differential threshold.
Since stimuli are different per person, once again, it is a completely unreliable way to measure something.

The whole basis for measuring pain depends on a person's ability to withstand pain.

- snip -

Edited by heb0
off-topic snipped

Given the size differences between the two and the routes by which they pass through the body, this is my answer:

If you're a female, kidney stone.

If you're a male, childbirth.

If you're a male, childbirth.

Through the...through the pen0r?

o______________________________________________________________________________o

Del is standard units of pain. Kidney stones are more painful when being measured in Del units.

So why are we arguing about this :blink: ?

Edited by Sobend

I'm not even trying to think about pissing out a kidney stone. It just hurts thinking about it.

Child birth is such a drugged up process these days I don't think it's as painful as its made out to be.

Women say child birth is terrible, but they say they want more children.

When's the last time someone said they wanted another kidney stone?

After reading what a kidney stone is :shudder:. I'd say they have the potential to cause more pain.

Women are biologically built to bear children. Evolution didn't prepare my penis to pass a stone.

After reading what a kidney stone is :shudder:. I'd say they have the potential to cause more pain.

Women are biologically built to bear children. Evolution didn't prepare my penis to pass a stone.

Technically women's hips should be larger to bear children, but evolution and this whole upright thing caused some problems.

Technically women's hips should be larger to bear children, but evolution and this whole upright thing caused some problems.

Wrong wrong wrong. God didn't want it to be like that. Evolution doesn't exist.

#religion

(Yes, I just imitated Twitter, I sure did.)

Kidney stones are when salts and stuff crystallize and form rocks right? Then they go through....through... *cries and grabs crotch*

Del is standard units of pain. Kidney stones are more painful when being measured in Del units.

So why are we arguing about this :blink: ?

Because he provided irrelevant information.

Edited by cash money95

When a woman gives birth to a child, they both have an emotional bond to each-other, and she would want to possibly have more offspring.

On the other hand, KIDNEY STONES GIVE NO LOVE BACK TO THE MAN, THEY JUST ABUSE HIM AND LEAVE HIM.

But in a more serious note, we would never be able to know the true answer unless we both felt each-others pain, and I won't volunteer for either one.

Just reading through this whole thread gives great pain to my lower reaches.

~Stash

If I ever have to piss out kidney stones I'm going to inject my dick with morphine beforehand.

Childbirth, it is the pain that sticks with you for life! :aware:

Honestly though, this is going to be entirely biased in favour of the poster's gender.

My dad had a kidney stone and it passed while my aunt had to have it removed through surgery. Seems you can't even sit for 5 seconds with that stone.

Child birth, I'm not too sure about.

http://en.wikipedia....ting_Pain_Index

Bullet ant: Pure, intense, brilliant pain. Like firewalking over flaming charcoal with a 3-inch rusty nail grinding into your heel.

Passing a kidney stone is probably like that? Plus, I wouldn't want to be this man:

Carel_van_Savoyen_-_Jan_de_Doot.JPG

Edited by error404