Sal's RuneScape Forum
Choccy

Self Sufficient Skiller: +191 Total levels in 1 day

Hey and welcome to my skill log!

My goal is to become a high-level completely self-sufficient skiller. This means that I'm not allowing my self to trade or use the grand exchange for items. To achieve this I will have to collect all my resources which means collecting my own amour, weapons, seeds, herbs etc... It will be tough and challenging but that is the very fun of it! I aim first for 50+ In all skills, please post and wish me luck because I will need as much of your support as possible! =D

Starting Stats

a0kvis.png

I have to say I'm in love with self-suffiency, it's so I have to say I'm in love with self-suffiency, it's so fun gathering materials for other skills, it makes the whole experience so much more rewarding. I'm very pleased with my progress today, firing away at several levels. I've focused mainly on collectable skills(because they are the root to the rest of the skills).

Bank

21on5ab.png

Updates:

April 20th 2012:

21on5ab.png

I mined 1k pure ess, so much bloody copper and tin( :P) and 250 iron - which with low mining takes alot longer than it sounds. I'm on a trial version of members so I can only have 300 of each member item, but I crafted 300 flax as well.

a0kvis.pngso0oee.png

+191 total level :D

Edited by Choccy

Wasn't Metalmaniac one of the players to make this method of playing popular? Anyway, good luck. I've done similar things on my alt account where I've mined my own ores and fished my own fish, but nothing quite on the scale of everything.

Most of luck, Chocster :) Wish you loads of fun while playing! :D

P.S.: Your inbox might be full. :P

Cool to see you back Choccy :) Good luck on your goals and I believe MetalManiac still does use the GE for some things :P

I believe using the ge a few times wont hurt, it could save alot of time, good luck!

Wasn't Metalmaniac one of the players to make this method of playing popular? Anyway, good luck. I've done similar things on my alt account where I've mined my own ores and fished my own fish, but nothing quite on the scale of everything.

Yeah he's really the main inspiration behind this, I thought some of his achievements were outstanding. I'd be interested to know how you found mining and fishing your own stuff? I found mining pure ess, to use on airs, a little wasteful.

Matej!!! I haven't seen you in a million years, other than facebook, but then alot of your posts are foreign. :P I will certainly clear my inbox, thanks for the support! :) What are you doing now anyway? It's been toooo long.

Cool to see you back Choccy :) Good luck on your goals and I believe MetalManiac still does use the GE for some things :P

Thanks Aza! I actually saw you yesterday at hounds and waved to you but I think you were afk or something. Yes Metalmaniac is a huge inspiration to me, but I think the idea of complete self-suffiency is what I'm attached to the most. There is something appealing about being completely independent, very adventurous and rewarding, even if it does mean killing a thousand monsters for a jute seed etc. :P

I believe using the ge a few times wont hurt, it could save alot of time, good luck!

Thanks for your support! Yes I think your right, but I want to be completely free of the GEX, then even the little things will be a big achievement(like getting a jute seed for the adze etc). :)

[p][/p]

I have to say I'm in love with self-suffiency, it's so fun gathering materials for other skills, it makes the whole experience so much more rewarding. I'm very pleased with my progress today, firing away at several levels. I've focused mainly on collectable skills(because they are the root to the rest of the skills).

21on5ab.png

I mined 1k pure ess, so much bloody copper and tin( :P) and 250 iron - which with low mining takes alot longer than it sounds. I'm on a trial version of members so I can only have 300 of each member item, but I crafted 300 flax as well.

a0kvis.pngso0oee.png

+191 total level :D

Edited by Choccy

Yeah he's really the main inspiration behind this, I thought some of his achievements were outstanding. I'd be interested to know how you found mining and fishing your own stuff? I found mining pure ess, to use on airs, a little wasteful.

Ehh, I wouldn't do it again. I went through a phase where I was really bored of playing on my main account and got 60 Smithing through smelting/making cannonballs from coal/iron I mined. 70 Cooking was easy though in comparison.

Edit: I sold the finished products by the way, seeing as I had no need for them.

Edited by Kemosabe

Matej!!! I haven't seen you in a million years, other than facebook, but then alot of your posts are foreign. :P I will certainly clear my inbox, thanks for the support! :) What are you doing now anyway? It's been toooo long.

It really has been a while. ^^ Decided to give RuneScape another try, maybe just for the sake of having something to do on rainy afternoons. :P Gap year for me at the moment, but plan on getting back to Uni next year, which will hopefully turn out better than this one. :)

Let me know, what your character name is if you want to talk in-game.

Considering the DIY, and whether you like it or not, you're going to have to do loads of mining and smithing, or mob slaying, to get the tools for other skills. :P Ah, one quick advice, that might or might not help: play as if you were watching a movie, take a chill pill, there's no rush... Hmm, let me put it this way - your journey should be a casual stroll to Mordor. :D

P.S.: What's with avatars, can't seem to upload one? :o

Edited by Matej

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke!!!! A late, proper welcome back post for you! :P

I was about to say that I could give you some money or something to help you start out, but that would totally be against the rules for you. :( Good luck with your new account though! It is always so fun to make a character every once in a while, especially if you limit it to something like a pure, skiller, or some other restriction.

Best of luck to you, Luke! Add me the next time you log on. :)

Ehh, I wouldn't do it again. I went through a phase where I was really bored of playing on my main account and got 60 Smithing through smelting/making cannonballs from coal/iron I mined. 70 Cooking was easy though in comparison.

Edit: I sold the finished products by the way, seeing as I had no need for them.

Ohhh cannonball smithing sounds like a good idea. There are many impractical things, for example to get a redberry pie for a quest I had to kill imps for a chefs hat to enter the cooks guild. :P If I sold my bank now I would get like 1m gp. :D

It really has been a while. ^^ Decided to give RuneScape another try, maybe just for the sake of having something to do on rainy afternoons. :P Gap year for me at the moment, but plan on getting back to Uni next year, which will hopefully turn out better than this one. :)

Let me know, what your character name is if you want to talk in-game.

Considering the DIY, and whether you like it or not, you're going to have to do loads of mining and smithing, or mob slaying, to get the tools for other skills. :P Ah, one quick advice, that might or might not help: play as if you were watching a movie, take a chill pill, there's no rush... Hmm, let me put it this way - your journey should be a casual stroll to Mordor. :D

P.S.: What's with avatars, can't seem to upload one? :o

Oh sweet, what are you doing in your gap year? Yes my name is "blndambition", add me!

The thing I'm struggling with the most is the lack of rune armour/weapons/tools. I'm getting lucky though, I got a rune scimmy from the spinning thing and an adamant hatchet which saves me from killing a zillion fire giants.

14v3fgy.png

Haha yes your definitely right, but with my obsessive personality I'm finding it hard to stay away. Yesterday I intended to try one queen at ba, I ended up spending 2 days in there. O_O Anyway it's nice to be talking to you again! :)

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke!!!! A late, proper welcome back post for you! :P

I was about to say that I could give you some money or something to help you start out, but that would totally be against the rules for you. :( Good luck with your new account though! It is always so fun to make a character every once in a while, especially if you limit it to something like a pure, skiller, or some other restriction.

Best of luck to you, Luke! Add me the next time you log on. :)

Thanks Trey, much appreciation for your support! :D

[p][/p]

So this week has been great fun, I'm getting more and more obsessed with the game(600 levels in 6 days), I should really watch out. Anyway I'm enjoying it very much, everything is going relatively smoothly. Having no trades can get a little frustrating, like having to kill an imp for a chefs hat to make a redberry pie for a quest.

p85ee.png

I've also become unhealthily obsessed with barbarian assault, I've achieved Fighters torso and helm so far. With 33 defence and 35 hp it was incredibly difficult(Queen can literally 2 hit me) and I had to do a mixture of begging, leading teams, and standing under high levels with nice armour to get into teams.

;o wow, looks like a tough goal. Sure you can do it though, good luck! Will be interesting to watch your progress

Gratz. :)

Now try for like all 20+, then 30+, it will make it more fun.

How much farming are you getting done? Looking at your Thieving level, you could get quite a few seeds from Master Farmers.

Good luck Luke, looks like fun if a little challenging! I wonder how big that cashpile can get, considering you're not going to be spending it :P

Good luck! Can't you use shops? Those are perfectly reasonable in-game in-role sources of items, and the placement generally makes sense too: for example, you'd go to Keldagrim to pick up ore and you'd have to visit Varrock to pick up a chef's hat. It also makes the process of getting armour and so on that much less ridiculous.