Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Clefairy

It's not you, it's me. [F2P Str Pure]

Hello, I come here to seek guidance.

I would like to say that this is my first pure and I am pretty bad at PvPing.

I made this pure a little over a month ago with the intentions of being a successful pker.

My fights have literally been more losses than wins, and I accept and understand that.

One of the main things I really have trouble with is the "R2h switch" (excuse me if that's the incorrect term)

My instinct always tells me to switch to it every time my opponent is at low HP, but in most cases I do it too slow/hits 0's/or too early.

I really have a difficult time KO'ing someone.

I would appreciate any and all tips on pking.

I have no intentions of being a Range/2h'r.

By the way, here are my stats. I'd appreciate constructive criticism, things I did wrong/right.

Combat Lv: 53

mhn9i.png

It's in my heart to be able to transition on over to P2P when the time is right.

Thanks for your time.

Nice stats there. :) 333 total level. :P

Assuming you use a str pot and a str ammy, your max hit is 223.

That means that when your opponents have around 1/4th hp left and you see a high hit coming with your rune scim (Keep the xp counter open- high hit = 70+ xp) then just click on your 2h and then click on them.

Try this out and then get back. :)

Good luck!

You're probably making the mistake most beginners make, which is switching when they're at about 1/4 hp, or 150. This doesn't work because opponents will always eat at 150 hp, because your scimitar can also kill them. For this reason, once they eat a lobster or swordfish, they are at 250+ hp, and with your max of 223, you won't KO them.

You need to either hit them when they're at 1/3 hp (200ish), because some people don't eat at 200 and you can straight up kill them (watch out that in order to do this you need to know how to make sure they don't see the 2h coming; wait until your scimitar would be about to hit again and click 2h and click on them really fast). The alternative is to wait until they're under 1/10 hp (60ish) and then even eating won't save them.

your first mistake is calling it "pvping" and not "pking". Teaching someone when to pull their 2h not something that can be taught its something that comes with instinct and experience.

also

You need to either hit them when they're at 1/3 hp (200ish), because some people don't eat at 200 and you can straight up kill them (watch out that in order to do this you need to know how to make sure they don't see the 2h coming; wait until your scimitar would be about to hit again and click 2h and click on them really fast). The alternative is to wait until they're under 1/10 hp (60ish) and then even eating won't save them.

this

I don't really know if you do this but then again...

Something I find helpful is when both of you are down to like 50 hp, eating is what most people would do. If you decide to be smart, then you would 2h and 2h and 2h until he is at a suitable hp in which you would have to eat.

Just go for drain KO's I have a pure just like yours 40/75 with 31 pray. I justg wait till they are really low HP then 2h, really all you can do, most people just safe their asses of.

Thank you all for your input. I've been pking a little more lately, wins are still not up to my losses but I know I'll get there. Any more tips/tricks are highly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Clefairy

You can look at my pk videos and check my switches... I used to be Terribad at pking, I probably lost 5m level 40-48 combat.

Edited by Chukz15

You can look at my pk videos and check my switches... I used to be Terribad at pking, I probably lost 5m level 40-48 combat.

Link?

edit: found it :P

Edited by Clefairy