Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aabid

FPS's

Since RS is kinda getting boring and all people talk about now is COD, do you guys have any fun FPS's I can play. Being able to play them in windowed mode is better. :)

56869e30aba2016b0bc1679582521f58.png

I think that everything you need is there. :)

I have 1GB Ram and 125GB Memory since I got my PC. :o

I think that the AMD is my video card. Dunno much about PC's although would love to learn.

I wanna play real bad! :santa:

an athlon? i'm not sure you'll be able to get much out of that...

also, what graphics card do you have?

there was this one fps chrisarchie showed for the computer, you could try that i s'pose

Edited by Prinz

What is that Prinz?

Yeha my PC sucks. Got it when it was a Vista back in '07.

2ecebb1ee1ec672eb431986f39c49a33.png

Yeah. Any games guys?

You won't be playing many popular FPS's. Maybe TF2 but I'm not an expert in this field so I can't say.

EDIT: I accidentally a word

Edited by Admiral

You might be able to run cod 4 (which is still a very good game) on the lowest settings.

TF2 would PROBABLY run on your... box... but you'd have to play on the lowest possible settings for everything and FULLSCREEN because it is proven that fullscreen is always less laggy than Windowed. There is a windowed option if you'd prefer that but it is not good for your framerate. Edited by Amber Pyrilmas

TF2 would PROBABLY run on your... box... but you'd have to play on the lowest possible settings for everything and FULLSCREEN because it is proven that fullscreen is always less laggy than Windowed. There is a windowed option if you'd prefer that but it is not good for your framerate.

I have a better pc then him and tf2 lags like crazy even on minimum graphics.

(2gb ram, 1gb graphics card)

TF2 would PROBABLY run on your... box... but you'd have to play on the lowest possible settings for everything and FULLSCREEN because it is proven that fullscreen is always less laggy than Windowed. There is a windowed option if you'd prefer that but it is not good for your framerate.

Well that must mean that I have an even better box with a harddrive in it.

Why not just stick to old-school suggestions?

And I mean older than TF2…there are some perfectly serviceable older FPS games out there, and even some with a sizable enough community still going.

I'm thinking things like Half Life, Counter Strike, Battlefield 1942, etc.

And I mean older than TF2…there are some perfectly serviceable older FPS games out there, and even some with a sizable enough community still going.

ya I was going 2 suggest Counter Strike

since RAM is dirt cheap you might want to buy a stick or two however I dont know what your motherboard can allow

my computer is similar to that "box"..and it cant even run tf2 :/ i dont think u can run any cod withing the last 5-10 years.upgrade a computer is a good idea?i know a good one that can run battlefield 3 at near max settings for only 1,500 USD

You won't be playing many popular FPS's. Maybe TF2 but I'm not an expert in this field so I can't say.

EDIT: I accidentally a word

You might be able to run cod 4 (which is still a very good game) on the lowest settings.

Where can I get it?

TF2 doesn't seem good. :P I don't really like cartoon.

Oh and I need windowed due to parents as they never let me play these type of games.

TF2 is 10GB right?

Well that must mean that I have an even better box with a harddrive in it.

:lol:

Counter Strike-I have had 1.6 for like 1.5 years on my usb.

Tried getting CS:S but.

a)Lags when starting up

b)I can't get the newest patch for playing on cracked servers.

I wasted 1 hour yesterday. (My parents said I play too much so 1 hr/day on the weekend is enough. <_<)

since RAM is dirt cheap you might want to buy a stick or two however I dont know what your motherboard can allow

What do you mean motherboard allow?

my computer is similar to that "box"..and it cant even run tf2 :/ i dont think u can run any cod withing the last 5-10 years.upgrade a computer is a good idea?i know a good one that can run battlefield 3 at near max settings for only 1,500 USD

I can't run cod?

Downloading Soldier Front atm as I played that back the day and it never lagged.

Then my parents said that FPS's are too violent and stuff so I had to leave. :crying:

Edit:My uncle bought this computer for us in '07 (We payed) and it was a Vista. It always froze and yeah..... I think it was when Vista had just come out.

Price was crazy too. <_<

Then I got a cracked version of Windows 7 Ultimate and running that since then.

My parents say that at least we have a PC so I'm never going to get one. :P

They are going to buy me a laptop when I grow older (like 20) and if I can win a laptop from school this year then whoopsssss!

Edited by Hilbrande

if you have an ipod/pad then you can try out some games on the app store, modern combat 3: fallen nation is nice, but 6.99, as well as nova 3, but both are 6.99 usd

I have nothing but a PC. No TV either. :P

Soldier Front won't work as its acting stupid. Anddd you need Facebook to play it now so w/e.

Going to try warrock.

I didn't mean that but w/e.

Any free games you guys know I can download?

7bf62d21522b8eeaae5583c3d1aabe03.png

Yeah. I downloaded that so any other games would be kewl.

I really want to play tbh. Wasted 3 hours today so far looking for one.

Edited by Hilbrande

Get tribes ascend. It's free and in my opinion better than other PC first person shooter out at the moment.

Basic gist of the game

If you've ever played any of the other tribes games. Tribes Ascend if very similar just new engine and better graphics.

If you havn't played it. Then Imagine a normal first person shoot but all the weapons fire projectiles with flight time and everyone is skeeing and jetpacking around at 200miles per hour (if your going any slower you're toooo slooooowwww (or you know, a heavy)).

It's class based as well.

Nexuiz isn't terribly intensive, it's free though mainly a multiplayer-oriented game.

On a similar tack Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is also free but MP-only.

If you've ever played any of the other tribes games. Tribes Ascend if very similar just new engine and better graphics.

If you havn't played it. Then Imagine a normal first person shoot but all the weapons fire projectiles with flight time and everyone is skeeing and jetpacking around at 200miles per hour (if your going any slower you're toooo slooooowwww (or you know, a heavy)).

It's class based as well.

Hmm. Almost done downloading. :) Let's hope its good.

Nexuiz isn't terribly intensive, it's free though mainly a multiplayer-oriented game.

On a similar tack Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is also free but MP-only.

Lemme check that out. :P

My cuz's played ET a few years back. They played like 10 hours/day. :P

I want a game that I can just get into!

Halo PC or Custom Edition might be good; don't think you can play it windowed though. You should be able to run it easily with 1 GB of RAM.

Ok. :) Tribal is kinda sci-fi so.... :(

I want a realistic game. :P

Anything!

Edited by Hilbrande

Well, considering the age of his motherboard, his RAM might be DDR2, in which case it won't be cheap. :/

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.