Sal's RuneScape Forum
Fabis

Diablo 3

So it's finally out. Is anyone playing it? How far are you? What level are you?

Just post your thoughts on the game, your builds, tips and whatever :)

Oh and if you want post your Battletags here (include the region you are in).

• Fabis#1762 (EU)
  • Zazzy#1652 (?)
  • Salient#1142 (?)
  • Arborus#1524 (US)

Edited by Fabis

Love the Demon Hunter, rapid fire attack feels just like gunning down all the fools in sals fc with an M60 just chews the monsters up.

Still tossing up whether to buy the cheat guide, the "manual" & other documentation that came with the game are sadly lacking.

Manual? Cheat guide? Pfft.

Considering how common information is on fansites and large gaming advice communities, buying an official guide is a waste of money. :P

Been pretty much nolifing Diablo 3 with my friend on Co-op. We're both at level 30 and just started Act 4. I'm a Demon Hunter, he's a Monk.

After completing the game, going to do it again on the next difficulty :D

Of course there's the goal of level 60.

How's the server stability now? I was considering buying this game but with all the 'must be online to play' and the server issues I was worried.

I really want to buy this game, but it looks like I'll have to wait a few weeks :( I wish it had a trial to give it a go while I wait. How's the story?

Story is interesting, but I'm not paying 100% of my attention to it since I will have to complete the game about 3 more times. The CGI cutscenes (like the one in the beginning of Act 4) are amazing and really cool :D

You can buy a guest pass on the internet by the way. It's like 1 or 2 USD and it's kind of like a trial I guess?

Anyway yeah, EU servers are down at the moment and have been that way for the past few hours :(

It really should allow offline play after logging in at least once. Surely the client could be coded to recognize a certain username and password combo while offline.

Anyways I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet as I'm waiting on a new computer because my current one is pretty bad.

It really should allow offline play after logging in at least once. Surely the client could be coded to recognize a certain username and password combo while offline.

Anyways I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet as I'm waiting on a new computer because my current one is pretty bad.

The reason why there is no offline play is because people while playing offline could "hack in" items and then go online and sell them in the Auction House which will soon accept real life money. So I can definitely see why an offline mode is a bad thing.

No offline mode means I will not be purchasing. Which is a shame because I really wanted this game.

Only thing Blizzard could do is allow you to make an offline-only account that can't trade with other accounts and access the Auction house. Also no stats and achievements probably.

Oh and here's my character DerpOfHerps (a Demon Hunter) at level 32, just starting the game in Nightmare mode (after finishing it in Normal mode):

edxac.jpg

Edited by Fabis

I have a level 37 barb. :)

Only thing Blizzard could do is allow you to make an offline-only account that can't trade with other accounts and access the Auction house. Also no stats and achievements probably.

Oh and here's my character DerpOfHerps (a Demon Hunter) at level 32, just starting the game in Nightmare mode (after finishing it in Normal mode):

That sounds like a reasonable option for people who really have no choice other than to play it offline. The game could make you set up a character for offline play and once that setting is picked it could lock that character out of anything that could break the game.

If anyone has a pass they're willing to send my way that'd be very much appreciated. I'd like to see how it ran on my comp.

I was thinking about getting Diablo 3, although after trying Torchlight and the beta of the sequel, I think I will rather stick with Torchlight 2. I feel one of the major features of Diablo 3 is also the source of my discontent towards it. It's the Real Money Auction House.

Do I think RWT is okay? Myeah, actually I do. However, when you lose the ability to offline play, play through LAN or even mod the game, a lot of the interest dies down for me. I am sure the RMAH is a great feature, but honestly, requiring a connection or even not being able to use community mods is a letdown for me. These types of games are grinding games and, to be fair, the story only last a finite amount of time, leaving it to be a grind after that. Thus it is nice to have a modable option just to prolong the longevity of the game. Diablo definately has the brand name and economy to polish the game behind it, but I thought that Torchlight was a great mini-budget game with a lot of heart, soul and great fun.

The only thing that I think I'll miss is the connection to Battle.net and being able to chat with my WoW aquaintances. :/

There are a few qualms I have with this game, which is why I'm holding off buying it. I'll list them, good luck trying to persuade me otherwise. I'll be reading and I'll take it all in, but thus far people have been unsuccessful in persuading me to take a look at the game. Anyway here are the reasons.

• I find it very difficult to play both Diablo 1 & 2, they are such old games. I'm not such a fan of the old gameplay style and once again Blizzard has gone with the same outlook on Diablo 3. The game itself is a little grindy and unless you're really in it for a story (which the first one lacks) you'll be hard pressed to enjoy the game. Playing the first two, it becomes very obvious you aren't playing it for the initial run-through, you are playing it so that you can play it on harder difficulties and improve your skill and items.
  • Diablo 3 is offering the real-money-auction house. This is a snide move by Blizzard to cash in on all those WOW gold schemes you see. But rather than just tackle them properly, they considered a business approach. Making money off the game themselves, giving themselves the money allowing a system where you can pay your way through certain parts of the game. This, as has been said brings me on to my next point.
  • With the point above, it's easy to see why they'd want you to be logged in at all times, but this was a pointless addition to single player. It was rather unfortunate that Blizzard traded offline enjoyment for the simple excuse of money and slapping the excuse of "we like it to be online to stop piracy." I wont pretend piracy is an issue, but for a game that's been in development this long, they should have reconsidered there move.
  • Not being able to login to a single player game and having lag because my internet connection is terrible. Why pay the money to play a game which lags constantly and is dependent on something else other than my computer.

Sure if you don't like the gameplay of Diablo 1 and 2 you probably wont like this, but killing hordes of enemies is fun and yes the point is to get the best stuff which is also fun. The auction house allows you to sell you the stuff you've found, so the chance that you might win some big cash makes the game even more addicting.

I don't see how the RWT aspect of it is bad in any way, though. You can't fight it in any good ways and this is the best thing they could do, in my opinion.

Sure if you don't like the gameplay of Diablo 1 and 2 you probably wont like this, but killing hordes of enemies is fun and yes the point is to get the best stuff which is also fun. The auction house allows you to sell you the stuff you've found, so the chance that you might win some big cash makes the game even more addicting.

I don't see how the RWT aspect of it is bad in any way, though. You can't fight it in any good ways and this is the best thing they could do, in my opinion.

Actually, it is bad but not for the sake of saying "RWT is a bad thing", it is more of the sake of "RWT is bad because other options must be limited".

The entire reason for the RMAH is basically to give everyone a constructive way to use RWT. Flipping this around, this means that Blizzard had to make choices to make sure people couldn't hack the game and spawn items which the hackers can make money out of.

This in turn leads to a few design errors that just make the game unappealing. No offline play? Check. No modability? Check. LAN it out? Nope.

I am fine with RWT in Diablo, but I would much rather have it done between players instead of through Blizzard because, quite frankly, it is not worth it compared to what we lose. o_O

Rolled a monk who is currently lvl 39 ATM and have a lvl 9 demon hunter

Cutscenes are so amazing

I found my first Legendary today. :)

To bad they all are outdone by blues haha

Think I've found 2 so far

I've only found one - an amulet. And it's pretty good, haven't had the need to change it for a while now.

Here's my progress at the moment:

nxABL.jpg

At Act 3 in Nightmare difficulty. By the way guys, if you want you can post your Battle Tags and I'll add 'em to the front post.

Whaaaaat are you smoking?

Also this is me. I'm on act II.

If anyone finds a level 36ish high strength amulet, I'm interested. Mine blows.

KZYRE.jpg

Edited by Ramon

Whaaaaat are you smoking?

Also this is me. I'm on act II.

If anyone finds a level 36ish high strength amulet, I'm interested. Mine blows.

KZYRE.jpg

There are articles all over showing evidence of it on iPod atm so can't link

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.