Sal's RuneScape Forum
Lily Haaron

Dimos' Youtube Channel Thing (I promise it has something to do with gaming)

Dimosthimise's YouTube Channel

So I've decided to make a YouTube channel, so you can all watch me fail though games. I currently only have a Minecraft Let's Play, but I'll probably expand to Guild Wars 2 once that comes out, and any other games I feel like playing randomly I might do a 1 or 2 episode deal on them.

Minecraft 1.2.5 Let's Play

I really don't play on vanilla survival anymore - I play with a bucket-load of mods. Every survival world I go with has a different theme for everything I build around, and this world I'm going to scattered ruins. Not sure exactly yet what ruins are of yet - possibly a keep, a small town, or something else.

Mods I'm using for this:

Base/Utility Mods

-ModLoader - Needed for most other mods.

-Minecraft Forge - Again, needed for most mods, mostly the larger ones.

-4906 Fix - Allows block IDs above 256

-ChickenBones Core - Required for ChickenBones' mods.

-Rei's Minimap - Mainly using for waypoints 'cause I get lost (a lot).

-Inventory Tweaks - Quick sorting of inventory/chests.

-Treecapitator - I hate chopping trees.

-Not Enough Items - With all these mods, it is hard to keep all the recipes straight, and this provides an easy way to look them up. I also have the plugin for Redpower 2 for alloy furnace recipes and the like. Also I keep it on utility mode so I can turn off rain, as that lags my computer while recording.

-MultiMC - Not really a mod, but helps a ton when installing .jar mods and the like. Also is nice to split my instances (Modded, Vanilla, 1.1, etc.).

Technical Mods

-IndustrialCraft 2 - Adds a bunch of machines, its own energy system (EU), a new farming system, and a bunch of other stuff. I heavily use this in the beginning.

--Compact Solars - IC2 addon which allows solar panels to be consolidated into fewer blocks, reducing lag.

--Advanced Machines - IC2 addon which adds advanced versions of the macerater, extractor, and compressor.

-BuildCraft - Adds its own power system, along with item, liquid, and power transfer pipes, allowing for some amazing automation of systems. In addition, has some powerful machines, such as quarrys and micro-chip construction lasers.

--Additional BuildCraft Objects - BuildCraft addon which adds a bunch of more technical pipes for routing of items and liquids.

--Additional/Teleport Pipes - BuildCraft addon which allows teleportation of objects through a pipe system, as well as some pipes dealing with chest inventory tweaking. Also contains the amazing Teleport Tethers, which keeps chunks loaded even if you are not near them.

--Logistics Pipes - BuildCraft addon, but one of the best mods ever - allows for intelligent routing of items in a network, for sorting, auto-craft, and more. Makes building some of your more complex or tedious components much, much easier.

-Forestry - Kind of a BuilcCraft addon, as it has immense integration with it (and now are both managed by Sengir). Allows for automatic farming, beekeeping (love it), and some other cool features.

-Ender Storage - Shared inventories along multiple chests. Also contains bags that can share the same inventories, just in item form.

-Equivalent Exchange - Allows for the conversion of items into other items of equal value. Also adds a bunch of high-end endgame power items which are just a bunch of fun to use, with powers such as fire immunity, flight, and more.

-Laser Mod - A mod which adds, err, lasers. They have effects such as pushing/pulling beams, damaging, and increased growth rates.

-Iron Chests - Adds a bunch of cool chests. Not much else to it.

-Portal Gun - Based off of the game Portal (and 2, I guess), adds way to set up portal networks, as well as a bunch of other functionality based off the game.

-RedPower 2 - Everything to do with RedStone, and more. A lot more. Serisouly, this mod is amazing - it has logic circuts, comptures, different lighting, awesome redstone cabling that can run up walls and along ceilings, its own power system (Blutricity), volcanos, giant rubber trees, and still more than that.

-ThuamCraft 2 - Magic, magic, and more magic! Centered around natural magical auras, Vis and Taint, adds a bunch of cool items and systems, including an extensive research system. Give you items that can summon friendly skeletal archers that will fight for you, run fast and jump (very) high, and swords that shoot lightning!

-Wireless Redstone - Allows for teleportation of a redstone signal, allowing for remote control and coordination of systems.

Updates:

As of episode 8 (5/25/12)

-More Pistons - adds double, triple, and quadruple pistons, as well as a gravitation piston which works like the original pistons mod which flings you into the air.

I may add more later, but these will give me more than enough content for now. I base my set large on Direwolf20's, so I would recommend checking him out if you want to see someone who can compitently use them.

Episodes:

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

Episode 8

Episode 9

Episode 10

I'm aiming for almost daily episodes, but I won't always be able to keep that up. :) I'm not really running this series for views or anything - just to get used to recording and working out how to do it well (or at least better than it is).

Edited by Dimosthimise

Followed and subbed do like!

Just finished up here recording episode 7 here (spoiler: I finish the sorting system). Thanks for the support guys. :)

Any ideas/suggestions for systems/mechanisms I should build? I know it is early on in the world, but somethings can be surprisingly cheap and simple with this mod.

~Dimos

Hey Dimo, I'm trying to install all of these mods. I can't seem to find the 4906 Fix as a mod anywhere, could you help with that?

EDIT: Found it. But for some reason some of the RedPower2 mods won't install (Only Core, Logic and Wiring install!). I wonder why.

EDIT2: Wait, do you just use the Technic Pack, then? o.o This seems identical.

Edited by Hunter

I'll put up a video later on how to install. No, I don't use Technic, because of some things they have done involving using mods without permission (as well as a few mods are not in there that I want). I might put a config file for all my item I.D. changes, since I had to move it around a lot for it to work. I dunno about Redpower.

Almost up to 10 episodes here. :P

~Dimos

Did you manage to get .minecraft zipped and uploaded to Mediafire? :P

Thanks for the support guys! I'll probably not be putting out any vids until the weekend, as I have multiple large projects to get done and I just don't have time. :/

~Dimos

Why is there a seperate topic for a YouTube channel here? Advertise your channel in your blog not in this subforum, imagine if everyone with a YouTube channel would post a topic in the forum (if not the gaming one then any other one).

Why is there a seperate topic for a YouTube channel here? Advertise your channel in your blog not in this subforum, imagine if everyone with a YouTube channel would post a topic in the forum (if not the gaming one then any other one).

Because blogs are hardly looked at by most of the forum :P

Personally I'm cool with this, but perhaps a Gaming Channels sub forum... :o I'm not sure it'd be active enough, though.

Play multiplayer/competitive games.

I will be playing more of that type once Guild Wars 2 comes out.

So, where's the installation video? :(

Today - I was waiting to get out of school.

Today - I was waiting to get out of school.

:D Awesome, thanks!

So... sorry I've been away from this for a bit - I've been troubleshooting. I'll be including all this info in a vid in the future.

I will not be continuing my Let's Play (for now), as the world had a plethora of chunk resets, and is now, well... beyond repair. The last backup I did was back in episode 10, and I don't feel like repeating everything I did until then. :(

Feed the Beast is still going, although now it is a lot of waiting around for EMC to generate, so I might make a vid of me trying out some new (to me) methods of EMC generation, rather than building another fleet of dark rooms.

As for the mod download videos - I can't get it to work. Since I started the LP, Minecraft Forge had a major update, and I can't get all the mods to work together for me (it might be me). I'll keep trying to get them all working and to get a vid. out, but it may take awhile.

I plan on making a new Let's Play once 1.3 comes out (and all the relevant mods are updated), as well as doing the co-op version of Feed the Beast. Until then, I will be focusing on tutorials on how to use all the mods in conjunction (adding 1 new mod at a time). The first one I'll do will probably be Equivalent Exchange. Furthermore, I'm trying to get permission to distribute it, but I am also making mod add-ons for Misa's Realistic texture pack, as that is my texture pack of choice.

Sorry about this, but the lesson here is BACK UP YOUR FRIGGIN' WORLDS!!!!!!! (That's right, 7 exclamation points).

~Dimos

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.