Sal's RuneScape Forum
Fredashay

If Runescape was a real place, which town would you live in?

Hmm, I'm kind of limited to the free world here...

I'd say Varrok or Falador, mostly Varrok.

Varrok because there's literally everything you'd ever need there. Mining, smithing, shopping, runes, guards, trees, it's sort of near a lot of stuff, it's right next to the wildy, and most of all, the Grand Exchange.

Falador for basically every reason listed above, except the Grand Exchange.

Catherby should be a new location for POH imo.

I wouldn't object to that :-) The more choices, the better. But, still, Catherby is a short walk through that dwarf tunnel from Taverly.

Still a pretty good selection, it's very centered and is actually a totally different atmosphere than Taverley.

(Remember that Rimmington and Taverley portals aren't all that far from each other either)

I'm going to have to go with either Miscellania/Etceteria or Keldagrim. Both towns are very kept-to-themselves, and I like the inhabitants.

Catherby, quiet and on the water, kinda how my ideal dream house irl would be.

(Remember that Rimmington and Taverley portals aren't all that far from each other either)

Also remember that if Runescape was a real place, distances between towns would be far more reasonable.

Also remember that if Runescape was a real place, distances between towns would be far more reasonable.

Right, but I'm not trying to be realistic.

If you were a Vampyre, Meiyerditch wouldn't be so bad :P . But then you'd be living in Castle Drakan as opposed to Meiyerditch.

Personally, I'd probably go for Al Kharid. I like warm weather.

I'd say Falador. Compared to the other cities, there's some stuff to do (being there a bar, party room, several shops, etc.). Not to mention it's protected well. Mining isn't the only job either, considering there's two banks and a white knight castle.

I would want to live in Keldagrim :D (if i could bare living in a huge cave..)

It big and it has a river, and the mine cart system can take you to the G.E. or under Ice Mountain and from there Edgeville is a short walk to the east. Also it can take you to the Dwarven mine right under Fally! And the train the connects Kelda to Dorgesh-Kaan and thats right under Lumbridge! Also theres a lot to do in the actual city its self. It has always been one of my favorite places in RS.

But if i couldnt cope with living in a cave then id live in the Tree Gnome Stronghold (if thats a possibility) and if I couldnt then East Ardy or the Taverley (i prefer the new Taverley over the old one, but if there wasnt a war going on then it would be more appealing ^_^ )

Lol I'd definitely go taverely cause it's so awesome and facilitized by the fact it has trees and birds to hunt and a mine right next to a blacksmith and agility course and heaps of other skill training places:)

Falador is very tempting - not all that far away from Edgeville (watching PKing whilst alching is always interesting) and as others above have said, it's got everything.

If I was in a "sick of people" mood, I'd go to Yanille. Almost nobody passes through that place.

Yanille, most likely. It has a pet store, magic guild, restaurant, pub, bank, and home teleport. Plus, the Watchtower and surrounding walls provide excellent defense, safety, and comfort. I would also have extremely easy access to Castle Wars as a pasttime, and I could kill ogres for combat. It also has other convenient things: like Port Khazard, cows, and anvils, as well as teleportation to other magical centers and access to mining rune essence.

If not, then Miscellania. I AM king there, after all. It'd be a wonderful place to live, and I may be granted access directly to the resources there as opposed to helping the citizens fill my coffers. It only needs a bank, and possibly I could expand it so that there would be a place for trade so there would be armor, ore, herb, animal product/byproduct, crop, rune, fish, crafting, wood, and food shops.

Isafdar. Not Lletya, I'd camp out in the forest in a little tent or something. It's a beautiful place. Then bum rush Priffdinas when they finally open the doors.

Definitely Varrock, its like the capital city of runescape

Good economically (GE and trading) but other than that, its popularity is the worst reason to live there (for me, anyway).

I'd like Port Sarim. It's uncrowded, has plenty of fishing, a port, (Duh) and acess to several islands. It's also next to Rimmington and Falador. Plus, I can watch the Pelicans. :tongue:

Edited by ThatPelicanDude

If it must be a city/town...

It doesn't have to be a city/town. I made it an open-ended question. Live out in the woods if you want. Someone voted for his own house. Up by that waterfall is a beautiful location (if you don't mind listening to haul trucks all day from the coal mine down below). Or you can go into in the wilderness and rebuild one of those bombed-out towns, fertilize the land, and plant a lawn and gardens is that's what turns you on :-)

Edited by Fredashay

If not, then Miscellania. I AM king there, after all. It'd be a wonderful place to live, and I may be granted access directly to the resources there as opposed to helping the citizens fill my coffers. It only needs a bank, and possibly I could expand it so that there would be a place for trade so there would be armor, ore, herb, animal product/byproduct, crop, rune, fish, crafting, wood, and food shops.

I can't believe I didn't think of that! What better place to stay than your own kingdom? It's a peaceful little island (above-ground, at least), there's a bank, and the fairy ring makes transportation a breeze. Plus, you'd be treated like a king!

Top 3:

Varrock - Big city ^-^

Draynor Village - Boring, but so nice looking :)

Falador - Always liked the look of it, the walls, castles, and knights. Coolstuff.