Sal's RuneScape Forum

Screenshot Fake CYOA: Anew Hope - July 31st

Guitarguy

Please read the CYOA before voting.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What happens next?

• A. If Legend of Zelda has taught you anything, it's that you strike the coins back at him
    • B. You shoot even more coins at him to counter those coming at you, while also charging at him because this option would be boring otherwise
    • C. You blow up a gum bubble as quickly as possible, hoping to use it as a shield against the coins

is a sample of music from the video.

Also, I managed to fudgeing miss my 2000th post.

Happy birthday, me.

For some reason that reminded me of the terrifying

, but perhaps without the Shepard tone. In other word, good.

And let us celebrate the day in which not one, but two people post in this topic besides Amber and me! :ice:

Also, mind the fact that your skin is tanner than that of everybody else. I didn't realize that lighting actually changes from place to place with these new graphics. -.-

Edited by Flutterguy

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll totally upload the final boss music sometime later. And by later, I mean way later, once we actually SEE the final boss. Hell, I think I'll just upload the music samples in order for when each thingy appears. Except the Paronomazein fight music. That's a surprise. I say samples because the boss battle tracks are all 10+ minutes in length so I don't need to loop them.

Also, Amber character sets. Fix them up a bit if you can, but keep the glowy aura and the green outline.

I only have that many poses because if I ever toss myself in, I'm just going to stand in the background and fight nothing.

shizzle, the stabby animation thingy on the second image is smaller than the idle position in the first image. Hopefully it's the same size as other characters. Or bigger, preferably. I hope so.

Edited by Amber Pyre

I'll totally upload the final boss music sometime later. And by later, I mean way later, once we actually SEE the final boss. Hell, I think I'll just upload the music samples in order for when each thingy appears. Except the Paronomazein fight music. That's a surprise. I say samples because the boss battle tracks are all 10+ minutes in length so I don't need to loop them.

Also, Amber character sets. Fix them up a bit if you can, but keep the glowy aura and the green outline.

I only have that many poses because if I ever toss myself in, I'm just going to stand in the background and fight nothing.

shizzle, the stabby animation thingy on the second image is smaller than the idle position in the first image. Hopefully it's the same size as other characters. Or bigger, preferably. I hope so.

Hooow exactly did you manage to:

-outline your character with a green line

-make your character all glowy

-make your character slightly larger than a regularly screenshotted character while keeping each image at the same size

-take the screenshots on a transparent background, ending up with a mysterious anti-aliased aura around your character

Also, what needs fixing? That is, if I'm to keep the glowy and green stuff.

-make your character slightly larger than a regularly screenshotted character while keeping each image at the same size

-take the screenshots on a transparent background, ending up with a mysterious anti-aliased aura around your character

1- That was something left over from the way I took the screenshots (PoH on minimum graphics)

2- I use Paint.NET, so I went into effects, then photo, and then glow.

3- I take screenshots on fullscreen

4- I put the glowing aura in after it was made transparent. Probably not the best idea if it is, in fact, anti-aliased.

As to what needs fixing, there are green lines left over from the erasing that are in between particles of the spell casting images.

Edited by Amber Pyre

1- That was something left over from the way I took the screenshots (PoH on minimum graphics)

2- I use Paint.NET, so I went into effects, then photo, and then glow.

3- I take screenshots on fullscreen

4- I put the glowing aura in after it was made transparent. Probably not the best idea if it is, in fact, anti-aliased.

As to what needs fixing, there are green lines left over from the erasing that are in between particles of the spell casting images.

Didn't you tell me to keep the green outline? And how is it that you have the capability to make your character glow and make the background transparent, but not to get rid of some green lines? -.-

Edited by Flutterguy

Didn't you tell me to keep the green outline? And how is it that you have the capability to make your character glow and make the background transparent, but not to get rid of some green lines? -.-

Yeah, the outline. But that only appears on the front view.

That's probably because I didn't see the lines until I added the glow, and if I erased them it would take too much pixelling to make the glow look glowy.

Yeah, the outline. But that only appears on the front view.

That's probably because I didn't see the lines until I added the glow, and if I erased them it would take too much pixelling to make the glow look glowy.

"Takes too much pixelling so let's make Guitarguy do it"

http://i.imgur.com/KPiMwgi.png

"Takes too much pixelling so let's make Guitarguy do it"

http://i.imgur.com/KPiMwgi.png

"Takes too much pixelling to re-do every last pixel in World of Warcraft to a brand new pixel, so let's go make Guitarguy do it"

The justification of making somebody else do your work doesn't change with the difficulty of said work. Had it been two pixels or each pixel on Google Earth, we'd still have to carry out the same task.

Wolfie probably would have had an easier solution, though. -.-

Inventing a program to change every last pixel into a pixel with a completely different combination of R, G, B, S, V, and Transparency so that no two pixels are the same at all ever.

He'd totally do that.

Unrelated, my favorite part of all the battle musics I came up with is that they all involve a Synth Lead and a church organ. The synth lead is supposed to be melody, but it usually gets drowned out by the church organ, which is supposed to be harmony but is really melody even though sometime's it's just used as percussion so you have a "duh, duh, duh, duh" going on while the synth lead is doing crap and then the church organ is doing nothing but still somehow has melody and then there's the orchestra hit that's only heard at the beginning with all the other stuff going on and why am I saying this nobody but me has heard the boss themes yet what the fudge that was a really long sentence I should probably end it but I don't want to I'm trying to create the world's longest run-on sentence and nobody can stop me and I'd really like to see you try because I'm not stopping until my arm breaks from typing in about oh nope there it goes now I have to talk more about the music and I'll upload a teaser for the final boss theme later tomorrow so yeah.

Edited by Amber Pyre

Inventing a program to change every last pixel into a pixel with a completely different combination of R, G, B, S, V, and Transparency so that no two pixels are the same at all ever.

He'd totally do that.

Unrelated, my favorite part of all the battle musics I came up with is that they all involve a Synth Lead and a church organ. The synth lead is supposed to be melody, but it usually gets drowned out by the church organ, which is supposed to be harmony but is really melody even though sometime's it's just used as percussion so you have a "duh, duh, duh, duh" going on while the synth lead is doing crap and then the church organ is doing nothing but still somehow has melody and then there's the orchestra hit that's only heard at the beginning with all the other stuff going on and why am I saying this nobody but me has heard the boss themes yet what the fudge that was a really long sentence I should probably end it but I don't want to I'm trying to create the world's longest run-on sentence and nobody can stop me and I'd really like to see you try because I'm not stopping until my arm breaks from typing in about oh nope there it goes now I have to talk more about the music and I'll upload a teaser for the final boss theme later tomorrow so yeah.

That was poetic harmony at its finest. I can entirely imagine the unity of the given instruments right now.

I'd probably just use the Magic Wand's "Select Similar" option (GIMP, Photoshop, and Fireworks have it; not sure about Paint.NET) to select most/all the unwanted green pixels at once and delete them, before applying the glow.

Fixing this after the glow's been applied is a bit trickier - instead of just deleting them, you'd have to fill them with a color that matches the glow and is at roughly the same opacity as the "least transparent" part of the glow.

Which is what I was forced to do -.-. Especially annoying is that the only way to color in something semi-transparently in Paint.NET is to have it completely transparent first, then color it in with a semi-transparent color (doing this more than once will increasingly make it more solid). Consequently I had to use the select tool to delete each green pixel in order to assure its preparatory transparency, then use the eyedropper to have it blend in with the glow.

L2 GLOW AMBER

Edited by Flutterguy

L2 GLOW AMBER

Actually, I specifically left bits in just so your life would be worse for those 9001 moments where you're fixing it.

:fixed:

I prefer the store-bought chocolate milk rather than milk with the chocolate syrup stuff in it.

Someone should really post something here every time the images change.

That would make for a lot of double-posting on my part, assuming you only want that to happen so that you know when to check the images.

Bwahaha! You viewers think you have power? I truly have the ability to choose "what happens next"!

9SNJmeT.png

Also, new banner under construction.

Edited by Guitarguy

Bwahaha! You viewers think you have power? I truly have the ability to choose "what happens next"!

So I take it we're going with option D, then?

I don't want the D.

Do you guys like my new hairstyle?

VRgN6LZ.png

I liked the part where your face got sucked into a vacuum.

Also, final boss theme video has already been rendered using old banner, so they'll all use the old banner.

Also, UPDATE WIKI NOOB

Edited by Amber Pyre

I liked the part where your face got sucked into a vacuum.

Also, final boss theme video has already been rendered using old banner, so they'll all use the old banner.

Also, UPDATE WIKI NOOB

Oh yeah forgot about that.

Wiki is now pretty much completely updated.