Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LeopardClaw

Money Making and Clue Scrolls!

Question

Hello! You may not know me because I am a new member to the salmoneus forums! I have been working in game at trying to get money, and I need to questions answered before I can properly get money.

1.) What is the best way to get level two and level three clue scrolls? I get my level two clue scrolls by killing Catablepons on the third floor of the stronghold of safety, but they rarely drop them, and I get my level three clue scrolls by killing hellhounds in the Taverly Dungeon, and that's not very effective either... So I'm just curious what are the best things you can do to obtain level two and three clue scrolls!

2.) What are the best ways to make money for high leveled members? So far I've made most of my money from drops from monsters I've been training on, but that's not much money... I use Miscellania and that brings in about 600k a week, but that's not enough for the types of things I want! I do clue scrolls but with the luck I have I get about 40-60k each scroll. Look at my stats below, and if you could please tell me the best money making guides with my skill sets!

Thank you all so much, even though I haven't even got to meet everyone, this seems like a great community to be with! Thank you!

----

ScreenShot2012-06-16at115257AM.pngScreenShot2012-06-16at115546AM.png

Edited by LeopardClaw

9 answers to this question

hellhounds give the best drop for clue scrolls,so i guess u can use a cannon with a bow with the highest accuracy,and get xp/clue scrolls.at your level,

misc. and did u do royal trouble?if not,do that.

mature grotworms are decent money if u use rune cross/addy bolts,thats what i used to make money for my pure.just pray mage when they dont have tolerance.stand 4+ squares away after they gain tolerance so they wont attack u at all

Edited by billions911

Thank you billions911, your advice really helped!

your welcome,after royal trouble,add the max amount,come back every1 4-5 days to collect.put as much as u can into maples,and rest into coal (correct me if I'm wrong?)

though,if ur really lazy,u can always kill snails in the mortiana swamps as they sell for over 1k each for the summoning ingrediant.make sure u have a druid pouch/bless sickle (i think).though,not as effective imo as hellhounds/clue scrolls and mature grotworms which has potential to make 700k/hour

1. Clue scrolls are TERRIBLE MONEY. Don't do them at all.

2. Herb runs/Misc/Slayer. Slayer isn't supposed to profit if you powerslay, but most people don't. I would also try blue dragons, or killing bots. Beware, you might get killed by people who decide it makes them super cool pkers to target those who are killing bots. I lost like 500k in the rift doing that once, and another time someone tried to dds spec me and I had 23 hp left lol.

1. Clue scrolls are TERRIBLE MONEY. Don't do them at all.

2. Herb runs/Misc/Slayer. Slayer isn't supposed to profit if you powerslay, but most people don't. I would also try blue dragons, or killing bots. Beware, you might get killed by people who decide it makes them super cool pkers to target those who are killing bots. I lost like 500k in the rift doing that once, and another time someone tried to dds spec me and I had 23 hp left lol.

clue scrolls are nice once in a while tho,they are terrible tbh...

ur right,i was on my pure,so most ppl wont attack me a lot...so mature grotworms are good cash if ur using range.killing bots is bad if u dont know what ur doing tho,and u could die from pkers as well.blue dragons are not as efficent (if ur using taverly dungeon) if u dont have 70 agility,which he clearly does not have

I disagree with the statement that clue scrolls are terrible. I think they are a nice little distraction that could be very profitable.

Also, I like training at Ankous for money making. Not that efficient(200k an hour), but it's what i've been doing. And they drop hard clue scrolls.

First of all, don't use a different font. Comic sans is not cool. We're all used to reading the normal font, and so while you're probably trying to make things easier to read or whatever, you shouldn't. It distracts from your post.

Now, on to your question. I won't answer that. Instead, I'd like to say that by far the best way of making money from clue scrolls is to do level 1 scrolls. This is because they are much faster to find and complete, and also still have the potential to get great rewards, most notably god pages but also things like purple sweets and so on. A few pieces of the trimmed equipment are also in high demand, such as wizard (g), and these too can only be found in level 1 scrolls.

With a bank tab full of all the clothing requirements (I'd collect them as you go along, but you can buy them all beforehand) and teleports to all the places (and a guide until your memory is perfect), you should be able to make 500k-1M/hr on average. Note that most of this will come from an extra lucky scroll every few hours or so, where you'll get a god page or a wanted piece of trimmed equipment.

The fastest way to get clue scrolls is to pickpocket female HAM members. They're easier than the men (so you have a higher rate of success), so you'll get scrolls faster. Wear gloves of silence and any other thieving equipment I've forgotten: the key to this method is that you get doing scrolls down to a fine art, to the point where you're doing 5, 6, or 7 in an hour. If you can't wear gloves of silence yet, don't worry.

So I just got an elite clue scroll. I know it must be very hard, but isn't the chance of gaining enough money to be named 'rich' worth the time you spend on an elite?

This topic has been closed by a staff member.

Reason: Please try not to bump old topics - re-animating a corpse never ends well!

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

Sal's RuneScape Forum Staff