Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Luftey

Chess Tournament

For a couple months there has been a Chess club running on Zybez and we're just finishing up our first tournament. All the games take place on Chess.com, a free to use chess website.

We've been considering having another tournament in the near future at the conclusion of the current. One idea is a fan site tournament. AKA: something like 5 players from Zybes vs 5 players from another fan site. The site that has the most wins, wins the tournament.

Is this something that anyone here would be interested in?

I would be, I'm pretty good at chess I suppose

First try to run a Sal's tournament without anyone flaking.

That sounds like a good idea. I'll jump in, but I'd advise you do as Common has recommended.

Can you say the timezone and probable date range for the tournament? I'm going on vacation for two weeks next month and I really don't want to wake up for chess at 02:00.

Edited by Clavius

We've been doing them with 3 days/move to allow for real life stuff.

This right now is more just a feeler for if anyone here would be interested. Odds are, it won't happen for a ~month.

That said, we could play our own friendly games now. I go by "Luftey" on chess.com as well as here/RSC.

That said, we could play our own friendly games now.

You'd have to do that anyway to determine the seeding.

First try to run a Sal's tournament without anyone flaking.

Did we not use to have one? I recall one, but I am unsure if it was Sal's Realm based or #Novus based. I do recall a few people participating though, such as me, Dissentor, Patou, Fraff, Cameron (and I thought you as well), I just doubt we ever actually finished that particular tournament (or, if we did, I certainly can not remember how things ended).

A few years back, I would gladly have joined, but I am afraid that I have subjected my skill to severe atrophy ever since I started university and I do not really have the time at hand either. I can barely afford to be slightly forum active, as it is. :(

While time for me to participate could be an issue (busy most of July), count me in for sure.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.