CYOAin'!!  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do next?

• A
    • B
    • C
  2. 2. Are you enjoying the CYOA so far?

• Yeah, it's pretty good.
    • Meh, I'll force myself to read it if I HAVE to.
    • No, I didn't mean to visit this topic. It was an accident.

To start with,

This CYOA is in no way in competition with or copying (directly) GuitarGuy's CYOA. His is far superior - check it out here.

Introduction

Welcome to my CYOA (Create Your Own Adventure) Topic! I'll be doing this in the Combat Beta (to start with, at least), if you're wandering.

Just read the story thus far, and note the question at the bottom of this post. Choose A, B or C in the poll above and I will make the next sequence of events follow that choice!

The Story Thus Far

Previous Chapters:

-No Complete Chapters as of yet-

Current Chapter:

Hello there! Welcome to the world of RuneScape! My name is Hunter! People call me the CYOA Prof! This world is inhabi

Here you are, looking rather handsome in a dark room.

p1zzY.png

Your name is Levv.

oKLj2.png

You gather your surroundings are realise there is a small stairway nearby - you clamber out.

6JmK5.png

You're a fairly experienced adventurer. This place looks somewhat like Edgeville... but it has taken some heavy damage.

You decide to advance into town, and hear the clash of blades. Suddenly it stops, followed by a dull thud and this finely dressed fellow emerging from behind the corner.

4cFkf.png

He hasn't seen you as of yet, and appears to be making his way further into the town.

Latest of the Storyline:

You decide to advance into town, and hear the clash of blades. Suddenly it stops, followed by a dull thud and this finely dressed fellow emerging from behind the corner.

4cFkf.png

He hasn't seen you as of yet, and appears to be making his way further into the town.

Reader Input!!!1eleven

What will you do next?

A ~ Quickly get behind some sort of cover and wait.

B ~ Approach the man calmly, and ask what's happening.

C ~ Follow the man.

Edited by Hunter

Yay! I get to get the first post for once!

Voted C because I'm not sure I can pronounce Levv correctly and Owen is too ordinary.

This is kinda short. :P

Lets start this again! I read GG's CYOA and it seems so damn cool!

This is kinda short. :P

Lets start this again! I read GG's CYOA and it seems so damn cool!

I've literally just started, so of course it's short Aabid! :P

Yay! I get to get the first post for once!

Voted C because I'm not sure I can pronounce Levv correctly and Owen is too ordinary.

They're all meant to be takes off phrases.

"One of these"

"Live Life"

"Not Safe For Work"

But kl

EDIT: I will be updating it tomorrow. It's like, way too late. In fact it's so late that tomorrow is now today.

Edited by Hunter

Not Safe For Work? Looks like my decision truly was correct.

But SOME (everybody) noobs disagree :closedeyes:.

EDIT: YES Nat is gaining the lead!

Edited by Guitarguy

Your name is Levv.

oKLj2.png

You gather your surroundings are realise there is a small stairway nearby - you clamber out.

6JmK5.png

You're a fairly experienced adventurer. This place looks somewhat like Edgeville... but it has taken some heavy damage.

What will you do next?

A ~ Read the sign behind you.

B ~ Venture into the town.

C ~ Retreat away from the town.

Edited by Hunter

I don't understand - who's Owen?

Voted B 'nyway.

Voted B 'nyway.

It was a name you could choose for the hero :P

Voted B 'nyway.

Ooh, did you edit that part out?

Voted B 'nyway.

Ooh, did you edit that part out?

Yeah, it was the last poll option. Now we have a new poll :P

Yeah. This is cool. :)

Picked "to enter the town"

Lets see what happens!

Choices very close and I'm busy playing COD, so I'll wait til we have some more votes :P

I'm very sorry, I was sailing this afternoon :P it's 1am now, so expect one in like 12 hours' time.

So um what's happening?

So um what's happening?

I'm making progress. For example, I've finally finished the walking/standing poses of the hero (which took 2 tries before I figured I could take them at my POH for a far quicker job :P).

Sadly I've been very busy over the last few days - I go away on Friday for the weekend, so I hope to have one or two out by then!

How does guitarguy make them so fast?

L2Learn

L2Learn

Guitarguy has different priorities to me. Not to mention I'm starting for scratch at the moment.

Here's the general process of how I make them:

1. Go to the voting section and plan out everything which will happen.

2. Get the background. The typical dimensions are 600x400, but I sometimes make it up to 700x400 when a lot of characters are in a scene. SFC:AH backgrounds come from Minecraft (on a high-res texture pack) and RuneScape, usually in the Wilderness.

3. I have a folder specifically for character kits and places. When I get a new background, I'll make multiple images of the background with certain characters in it (because I don't want to have to paste all the characters in several times when they're having a conversation).

4. Use Wolfie's font machine for overhead text. My trick is to click and drag the interface to the top-left of the page so that when I paste the screenshot of the text into MS Paint, I'll won't have to make the whole image bigger so that I can fit a whole screenshot.

5. Paste all the text and such in, seeing as most images are conversations.

6. I use Paint.NET for special effects and such.

7. Go to Imgur and upload all the images I just made.

8. Go to "Edit this poll" (or whatever it says) because it brings me directly to full edit, because otherwise I'd have to go to quick edit, then to full edit. Those ten seconds saved are quite valuable :closedeyes:.

9. Delete the poll question.

10. Insert the images at the most recent part along with the text after each one. Once I'm done, I copy and paste everything to the Most Recent Images section.

11. Finish the edit.

12. Edit again, go to full edit, and make the poll again. This will reset the poll options.

Here's the general process of how I make them:

1. Go to the voting section and plan out everything which will happen.

2. Get the background. The typical dimensions are 600x400, but I sometimes make it up to 700x400 when a lot of characters are in a scene. SFC:AH backgrounds come from Minecraft (on a high-res texture pack) and RuneScape, usually in the Wilderness.

3. I have a folder specifically for character kits and places. When I get a new background, I'll make multiple images of the background with certain characters in it (because I don't want to have to paste all the characters in several times when they're having a conversation).

4. Use Wolfie's font machine for overhead text. My trick is to click and drag the interface to the top-left of the page so that when I paste the screenshot of the text into MS Paint, I'll won't have to make the whole image bigger so that I can fit a whole screenshot.

5. Paste all the text and such in, seeing as most images are conversations.

6. I use Paint.NET for special effects and such.

7. Go to Imgur and upload all the images I just made.

8. Go to "Edit this poll" (or whatever it says) because it brings me directly to full edit, because otherwise I'd have to go to quick edit, then to full edit. Those ten seconds saved are quite valuable :closedeyes:.

9. Delete the poll question.

10. Insert the images at the most recent part along with the text after each one. Once I'm done, I copy and paste everything to the Most Recent Images section.

11. Finish the edit.

12. Edit again, go to full edit, and make the poll again. This will reset the poll options.

Yeah, I find my main problem is getting the different scenes at the moment. Text is easy - I use the font with a generic style (makes the text yellow with a shadow).

Most of it's pretty basic, but meh :s Getting the screenshots is time-consuming.

L2Learn

says person who doesn't even know how to read rs wiki :huh:

Alright, I've finished the next piece. Imgur is being a noob (wasn't letting me upload stuffs :( ), but here it is.

And yes I noticed everything just got brighter it's because it was morning time when story began :] (I forgot to add dark filter).

4cFkf.png

What will you do next?

A ~ Quickly get behind some sort of cover and wait.

B ~ Approach the man calmly, and ask what's happening.

C ~ Follow the man.

Edited by Hunter