Sal's RuneScape Forum
Jnr J

Guild Wars 2

Hi guys, I pre-ordered the game and will be starting it very soon, but what are some things I should know? Seeing as this is my first game in the Guild Wars series, any help would be a lot!

~D

PS thank you for your quick run down of the game Monkey Guard, it helped!!

its pretty straight forward, make your char do the beginning game quest for your specific character/race combo and just start doing quests to lvl while doing your personally story

Sounds good, thanks. But one more thing, I pre-ordered the game (paid $5 to play it a day early) and can't seem to log in right now. Is there something wrong with the server? I entered the code I got while registering, so it should work. :s

~D

What's the error you're getting?

The error code is 9:4:5:1268

~D

Awesome. Got my code, it's downloading now (at 1+ mbps, which is very nice). Unless the ingame character names differ per character, my display name is reepicheep.5029 . I'll be playing on Gandara.

I'll add usernames to the first post, and servers you play on.

I'm guessing you're on Isle of Janthir Lonely?

Andy, Joe and myself have already made a guild and we have a few members. We are happy to invite everyone from here into it if you'd like. Just give any of us a message in game.

Yes that's the one!

Does it seem to be working correctly? Also, it'd be interesting to get your guys feedback. Is this game really worthwhile? I'm considering purchasing it.

Does it seem to be working correctly? Also, it'd be interesting to get your guys feedback. Is this game really worthwhile? I'm considering purchasing it.

Currently there are a few things that are down for maintence, such as the trading post, but I expect those will be back up soon. And yes, I'd say it is worthwhile, even if you are to just play it for a couple months.

Installing the game right now so if anyone wants to be my BFF let me know!!

i already am, no?

Ofcourse!!

Name is Fabio.5481

Edited by Fabio

I'm having some fairly severe latency issues. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it freezes for 10 seconds and I'm dead. I'm fairly sure it's not my internet connection. Not great, but it's thankfully still playable.

I'm having some fairly severe latency issues. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it freezes for 10 seconds and I'm dead. I'm fairly sure it's not my internet connection. Not great, but it's thankfully still playable.

I'm having no latency at the moment

I've been fine with the game.

Excpet right now, Where I can't get on because they fried the login-servers

I'm having no latency at the moment

Probably just me. Possibly the EU servers, but I don't know how other people are doing on them?

Is keeping masterwork items to sell on the trading post useful at all? I'm guessing not, but I'm a bit hesitant to salvage them if I can sell them later on.

Is keeping masterwork items to sell on the trading post useful at all? I'm guessing not, but I'm a bit hesitant to salvage them if I can sell them later on.

What you want from them is the upgrades, so salvage.

Mine is Arborus.7630.
i already am, no?
Ofcourse!! Name is Fabio.5481

Which servers are you guys on?

Also anyone who isn't in our guild, want an invite?

What is the general consensus on this game? Does it have similar play-ability to WoW? Is it stable enough?

It's nothing like WoW, other than it's an MMO.

What is the general consensus on this game? Does it have similar play-ability to WoW? Is it stable enough?

It's nothing like WoW, other than it's an MMO.

In terms of playability, I love the leveling process so far. At some points I'm confused as where to go, but eventually through wandering I'll get to where I should be.

My least favorite part about WoW was the gearing at endgame. Since it's all cosmetic with GW2 I'm making the prediction that I won't have that problem.

Mine is Arborus.7630.
i already am, no?

I'm on Gandara and I wouldn't mind a guild invite!

Mine is Arborus.7630.
i already am, no?

I would love an invite as well.

I'm now level 17 (Human Ranger, I use a longbow and a greatsword), and I'm finding that from time to time I do need to do about 5 minutes of grinding, and even then I generally am a level behind the recommended levels for personal quests and for helping people. Not a big issue, but a bit of a bother. I already finished Divinity's Reach and Queensland 100%. Loving the rewards for that. Also, bears are the best pets because of their really high vitality, meaning I can use the skill where my pet takes my damage. It's not great in dealing damage, but it tanks really well. All in all, best online game I've ever played.

Also, a question regarding melee; it seems to me that as a ranger, greatswords are good for hitting several enemies at once, but a sword/dagger combo is better for dps. If that was true, I wouldn't hesitate to switch although I would miss the greatsword's skill that allows you to jump into combat.

Edited by reepicheep

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.