Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donovan

10 Year Veteran Cape

Today sees the long-awaited launch of the 10 Year Veteran Cape – a cape available only to members that have been playing RuneScape for 10 years or more. A lot can happen in 10 years - just take a look at RuneScape back in 2002!

The gates of Gielinor had barely been open a year when Ardougne made its first appearance on the map, and the poor (or should that be rich?) Carnilleans first fell victim to the heinous Hazeel Cult. 2002 was also the year that Tutorial Island welcomed many new visitors to RuneScape, and many an adventurer also met their demise at the hands of the newly-arrived King Black Dragon!

Back in the real world, 2002 saw Japan and Korea host the FIFA World Cup, and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers first hit cinema screens.

If you’ve been playing our game for 10 years, you certainly deserve a special item to mark this magnificent commitment. This prestigious garment is is available to members only, a members item and it can be purchased from Hans, who can be found in the grounds of Lumbridge Castle.

Before you head off to get your cape and enjoy its impressive new emote, we’d just like to say a big thank you to all of our loyal players, and we look forward to creating further veteran capes as and when each new milestone arrives!

The RuneScape Team

This prestigious garment is is available to members only, a members item and it can be purchased from Hans, who can be found in the grounds of Lumbridge Castle.

So I guess they only care if you are a member after 10 years, not that you've been playing for 10 years.

The cape doesn't really look that impressive for something that is going to be rare and as prestigious as any other cape. I was slightly disappointed when I saw the picture.

Edited by Sobend

Gotta wait a year yet for the 5-year. If I'm still playing (assuming the game still exists) in 2018, I'll look forward to proudly wearing that cape.

Too bad it's members-only, though. I can't tell what'll happen to my membership on May 23, 2018.

While a bit more complicated then I would have thought, I love how Jagex finally introduced a way to figure out exactly how old your account is. After a bit of math that is. I now know I created my account on January 26, 2007. So 2017 is when I'll be able to get the cape... I'm sure by then I won't care, but it's still cool to know.

Only 4 more years to go! :D

*high-five*

I was so certain I would qualify for the cape on Vearl, but I guess my memory wasn't as reliable as I thought it would be. My long-abandoned first account reached 10 years old in February, but my main still has 488 more days to go.

It's a nice looking cape though, I'm curious to see how many current players will be wearing it.

9 years for me; maybe I should just pull a month-long membership next year and grab all the stuff I can.

The cape doesn't really look that impressive for something that is going to be rare and as prestigious as any other cape. I was slightly disappointed when I saw the picture.

The five year cape looks much nicer, in my opinion.

I'm glad we can finally calculate when our accounts were created, even though it's apparently glitched for a few players.

Only 3 and half years for me. Though with the current turn of events I don't see Rs being around then.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but Hans won't even really mention the 10 year vet cape. All he says that seems to relate to it is "I'm sure you'll get there soon, within a year if my senses are correct". I'm annoyed and saddened. This screen cap of my recov questions shows I def have had the account for 10+ years. Reported the bug so maybe it will be fixed soon?

recovdate.png

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but Hans won't even really mention the 10 year vet cape. All he says that seems to relate to it is "I'm sure you'll get there soon, within a year if my senses are correct". I'm annoyed and saddened. This screen cap of my recov questions shows I def have had the account for 10+ years. Reported the bug so maybe it will be fixed soon?

There should be an option after he says that, something like, "How long exactly do I have to wait?"

recovdate.png

Might wanna cover up that IP address :P and update the recoveries, they seem awfully old :s

2 years to go. Kinda sad tbh how I've played since I was 7.

There should be an option after he says that, something like, "How long exactly do I have to wait?"

Yes, and that doesn't happen. :(

recovdate.png

Might wanna cover up that IP address :P and update the recoveries, they seem awfully old :s

2 years to go. Kinda sad tbh how I've played since I was 7.

That's just an external IP and changes quite often so it's whatever.

Edited by SeksiEvilCow