Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kemosabe

Dark Knight Rises

Just got back from watching it. It was a really good way to end the trilogy, although I still hold to my opinion that Heath Ledger's Joker is the greatest villain of Batman, if not all movies. What are your thoughts?

Edit: If you haven't seen it, there'll probably be plenty of spoilers in this thread.

Edited by Kemosabe

Bane was a little hard to understand at times and it was beyond predictable, but movies don't have to be surprising to be good. I enjoyed it immensely, though not quite as much at TDK.

In my opinion, Joker was the best villian, but tbh I didn't really miss him too much! There was a ton of suspense in the end, and they had multiple cliffhangers toward the end... turning the tables repeatedly.

I was worried that Bane would just be another supervillian on steroids, but he wasnt too bad!

ALSO, there was a trailer for an upcoming Superman movie, directed by Christopher Nolan... That should be good, but Batman is much, much better than Superman. The world can't live without an idol like Batman... who could be anyone.

Edited by Wayn

Bane was a little hard to understand at times and it was beyond predictable, but movies don't have to be surprising to be good. I enjoyed it immensely, though not quite as much at TDK.

Did you predict Robin? That was the one major thing I got. Surprisingly I didn't think about Batman surviving, but when I found out I definitely wasn't surprised and berated myself for not thinking about it.

Maybe you guys should use spoiler tags?

Loved the movie on the whole, but there were a few things I noticed:

1. I thought that Bruce recovered way too quickly the first night he went back out; he went from no cartilage in his knees and some concussive thing in his head to taking down Bane's men.

2. Bane's speaking. Gah.

3. The fact that Batman's identity was kept secret; I think it would have made a bigger emotional impact if it was publicly known that he was Bruce Wayne.

All in all, great conclusion to the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Yeah I agree with 3.

Did you predict Robin? That was the one major thing I got. Surprisingly I didn't think about Batman surviving, but when I found out I definitely wasn't surprised and berated myself for not thinking about it.

Yeah, I knew it was either that or Bane was going to kill Batman and Gordon-Levitt would take over. Pretty much the only thing that really surprised me was the identity of Ra's Al Ghul's child.

Yeah I agree with 3.

Yeah, I knew it was either that or Bane was going to kill Batman and Gordon-Levitt would take over. Pretty much the only thing that really surprised me was the identity of Ra's Al Ghul's child.

I dunno, I thought Wayne would've left something to Selina as like a legacy or something; she did get his mother's pearls, though. Don't think they should use Blake's character to make a Nightwing trilogy, at least not based in Gotham. Something original would be good.

And yeah, the Talia al Ghul thing surprised me too, cause Marion Cotillard denied rumours that Miranda Tate was a double agent, but I suppose that was just for a good surprise at the end.

Bane was literally Darth Vader.. :closedeyes:

Other than that I thought it was really good.

Just downloaded the movie soundtrack onto my iPod; I love the songs emphasizing Bane and the stuff he does.

Just downloaded the movie soundtrack onto my iPod; I love the songs emphasizing Bane and the stuff he does.

Two words: Hans Zimmer.

One thing bugged me. Robin's name isn't Robin, it's Richard, normally shortened to Dick. Also I'm kinda hoping they go the Nightwing route since he's, you know, not a kid.

Either way I really liked the movie. It wasn't the best but it was a good ending. There was also a baby beside me and the parents actually took it out of the theatre when it was getting loud :suncloud:

SPIDERMAN DIES

and yeah, The first scene with Bane, his voice did not fit him at all.

But throughout the movie, his voice was very different, sometimes deep, sometimes not.

Two words: Hans Zimmer.

Two more words: deshi basara.

I really hope they don't make a Nightwing trilogy, or if they do, at least don't have it based too much off TDK; otherwise it'll just seem like a cheap spinoff.

Why did every police officer in the city go into the sewers to find the bad guys?

Because that's where the bad guys were.

"What'll it be? Death or exile?"

"You're crazy if you're thinking I'm walking on that sheet of ice."

"So, then death... by exile!"

Or at least something like that lol.

"What'll it be? Death or exile?"

"You're crazy if you're thinking I'm walking on that sheet of ice."

"So, then death... by exile!"

Or at least something like that lol.

Yeah, Gordon chose death, and then Scarecrow went and his stuff. Great to see Cillian Murphy make a cameo. XD

The ending really confused me at first, until I realized Alfred wasn't hallucinating Bruce and Selina sitting there in Florence. Definitely need to go see this movie again after summer school is over.

Why did every police officer in the city go into the sewers to find the bad guys?

Because that's where the bad guys were.

ya but did it really take every single police officer in the city to go catch them?

It would have been better if Batman would have actually died in the end. But it was still a good movie.

But he did die. Bruce Wayne got to live.

:flower:

I thought it was a pretty good movie. Miranda being the child really did throw me off. Even after they showed the flashback after revealing it to be her I still don't see a female child.

You mean the child actress? I thought she looked almost exactly like a younger version of Marion Cotillard.

I am probably going to get in trouble for saying this, but I honestly think the Joker as a character and the performance of Heath Ledger was overrated. I thought Bain was a good villain. I wasn't a fan of the Dark Knight, so the Dark Knight Rises was well received probably only by comparison.

I am probably going to get in trouble for saying this, but I honestly think the Joker as a character and the performance of Heath Ledger was overrated. I thought Bain was a good villain. I wasn't a fan of the Dark Knight, so the Dark Knight Rises was well received probably only by comparison.

I'm just curious, in what way did you find it overrated?