Sal's RuneScape Forum
Byz

Making Money Online

Anyone know of a method to make money online, from home? Even if it is silly (like looking at ads) and not-at-all lucrative, I'd like to hear ideas. My situation prevents me from holding an actual job at the moment but I am more than willing to do work for a fraction of minimum wage.

Well, after researching some of the topics in that link and elsewhere, I've decided that most such opportunities aren't worth my time. I was hoping for at least $2/hr or so but this is rare to find online.

Get the ad watching service, get a computer you don't use, get the script, leave the computer on 24/7 with the script.

???

profit

I made nearly $5, 000 AUD from just cleaning out my wardrobe 18 months ago. Selling mainly handbags and clothes on ebay. I think you could possibly make money on ebay if you have desirable items. I find designer clothing, bags and vintage accessories, gadgets, collectables sell well. But I guess you need to have items to sell, so it's a bit pointless if you don't :P

You can buy underpriced stuff on ebay and then resell it. Its risky but it could easily pay off if you become really aware of pricing for particular items. Just like playing the auction house on all these games. Or you could do penny stocks.

Well, after researching some of the topics in that link and elsewhere, I've decided that most such opportunities aren't worth my time. I was hoping for at least $2/hr or so but this is rare to find online.

I know that some survey websites pay around to a little more than that.

Merching on ebay/kijiji.

Or use those ads which say make $5,000 a month!

Do you have a webcam?

Dude, you got some records that are worth selling?

I recommend that.

The internet is saturated with things to do, but alas unless you provide some kind of service of have items to sell you wont be of much use. What kind of hobbies do you have? If I was going to attempt to make money I'd be looking at graphic design, because that's what I know how to do. Play to your strengths. Those ad-click things are beyond awful.

My cousin sold gear from Diablo III and made $100. I'm surprised what people are willing to pay for that stuff. :blink:

Buy Chinese fake products (like Dr Dre earphones) for really fudgeing cheap on Dealextreme, get free shipping, sell them to people you know for 300% profit. I have a friend that does this. He makes a shizzleload of money, mostly with those earphones. Although he does always mention they're fakes, people have no problem paying 20 euros for them.

It's probably illegal though, I'm not sure.

Edited by Kwinten

if you start a website or blog and get some user traffic you could make money off advertisments. Or maybe get a partnership on youtube.

if you start a website or blog and get some user traffic you could make money off advertisments. Or maybe get a partnership on youtube.

Sadly getting partnership on youtube isn't that easy anymore.

Some time ago it was fairly easier, but with the increasing amount of people making videos it's extremely hard to start off on youtube unless you have a lot of friends that can subscribe you and like your videos.

Likes=More views=More Subs

My own channel is an example of this, and for the sake of it I'm going to compare it to a channel I found the other day.

So basically I've been making videos for almost a year about RuneScape, and a few minecraft videos. In that period I've managed to get almost 10k video views, and around 70 subscribers (73 at the time of writing this post).

The other channel I'm talking about is a pure minecraft channel, which promotes creations made by others. This channel have in less than a month almost made it to 1000 subscribers, and a whopping 70k video views.

So basically it's all about what you make videos about. You could do some gameplay videos or Vlogs, however this wouldn't gain you a hell lot of subs instantly. You could try promoting videos, however I've never tried that so I have no experience with that.

Basically getting a partnership isn't very easy at all, you have to work hard for it, and determined.

Even if you were to start making videos to get a partnership, you'd quickly get demotivated unless you actually enjoy making gameplay videos, or whatever kind of videos you like to make.

And another fact is that if you were to get partnership, it's barely enough money to live off. I know that Castle Wars (Omustardo) lives off his partnership and the money he gets from the state he live in, however he does live with his brother too, and I'm not sure if his brother have a job.

TL;DR - Partnership isn't really worth it unless you have some other way of getting money and only if you enjoy making videos and are determined to work for it.

Edit:

My channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/denieruakaevandar

The minecraft channel I was talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/user/xTheBuildersCentral

Castle Wars:

http://www.youtube.com/user/omustardo

Edited by Denieru

Youtube partnerships don't pay that well anyway, unless you're as big as RayWilliamJohnson or something.

For example, I'm in the same clan as this guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/chkilroy?feature=results_main . He is a youtube partner, but doesn't get paid nearly enough to live off his earnings. It's a bonus at best.

I do Blip.tv, but as stated as above, you need a large crowd to get revenue this way.

If you need the money to live or something that's not for personal wants, you can try doing livestreams and getting a crowd from that to donate to you.

The best way to make money online is to provide a service that people are willing to pay for. Internet 'labor' is easy to find, especially with countries that have a low cost of living getting online. When someone is willing to work for a few cents an hour, your chances of doing better are slim unless you have some sort of added value for yourself. Consider learning to program, design/draw, or write, and you can freelance.

Adding to those "services" suggestions, the world's oldest profession does exist on the internet as well, via webcam. I don't go there personally, but...others do, apparently. I don't know about rates, but it has come up on askreddit before(how do I make money, etc).

If you're good at blogging, you could make money that way. Merch Gwyar does that. Really, just look at your interests and see how they might work in a service profession, then see if that can apply online. Can you write essays well and quickly? You can make money doing that.

Also, sell stuff. Especially nostalgia related stuff. People love that. Records, yes, but also things like old gameboys or cartridges for vidya.

Anyone know of a method to make money online, from home? Even if it is silly (like looking at ads) and not-at-all lucrative, I'd like to hear ideas. My situation prevents me from holding an actual job at the moment, but I am more than willing to do work for a fraction of minimum wage.

When you complete market research surveys for cash, most of the time it will be 30 minutes of work for 1000 points and then 1000 points is equal to 20 cents. Huge rip off. Some of the sites are good though. Pinecone Research is a great one compared to the others. You get minimum wage or better taking them. Sometimes they might mail you a free case of juice that hasn't been released to the public and pay you to do a taste test; however, their site is invite only, and it's very very hard to get an invite. It's cool to see the juice on the shelf months later though. Makes you feel like a part of an exclusive club.

All the big earners on the 40 cents an hour survey websites make their cash by advertising their referral links or they're completing surveys using a macro. I used to do the first one. I put up a $10 a month advertisement up on RuneScape Wikia, and it said something like "Earn RuneScape membership taking surveys". Long story short, a bunch of gullible kids signed up, I got $2 per kid, and I was rich. It's the reason why referral links are against the rules on Sal's. Not because of something I did but in general.

I know Microsoft pays people to use Bing. You make an account and each time you do a search with them, it credits your account and you can cash out for Xbox live cards or something like that. I never checked into it thoroughly because I know what they're doing. They're selling your search results to advertisement agencies and giving you a cut of the money. I like my privacy.

You could check into getting a job with support.com. You use team viewer from home to fix old folk's computers. The position is called "Remote Services Technician", and they have an opening.

The websites like kgbkgb and chacha are alright. A customer sends a text message from their phone to your computer, you do a google search and send them back the answer. You make a few cents per question. If you're quick enough, it's equal to minimum wage. Most newbies burn out.

If you've got a car and a smart phone, there's always craigslist, goodwill, and yardsales. Google the price and if the ebay selling price is higher, buy it for resale.

Edited by Igloo2

adfocus is really easy money all u do is share your links :D <3

Or fail to do so on a half dead Runescape forum full of players who would most likely never touch a rsps because they're smarter than that : - )