Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nia

Tips for beating Elvarg F2P with low combat level?

Question

Hello,

I have a level 25 character. It's my new account. I wanted to see if I could beat dragon slayer in F2P with my current combat level (or close). I have 26 ranged and 27 magic. I tried ranged by using a crossbow + bronze bolts, but these were very ineffective and I had to keep running away and eating food. Magic might work better, but I think I need to practice more magic before I have a spell that will be effective. I want to be a low combat level when I beat Elvarg, but I want some suggestions on what I should train if I want to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance,

Dragos

16 answers to this question

you should be good

just bring enough food and ammo and don't forget your anti-dragonfire shield

stay away from it's melee attacks and you'll be fine

If you still can't beat Elvarg with those stats and you really want to beat Elvarg at a low level, you could always have somebody with food outside of the combat area to give you when you run out. Or, you could have somebody weaken Elvarg for you and then finish him off. These are cheap ways of killing him and probably wouldn't get much satisfaction out of you however.

I used to train at Giant Skeletons outside of Elvarg and the lowest levels I consistently saw beat Elvarg on their own were in the low-mid 30 range. Most people in the 20s used the above methods. Good luck.

Edited by Sobend

I waited until I was combat level 50 before I even tried to take on Elvarg. I suppose if you equip your anti-dragonfire shield and bring several anti-dragonbreath pots, you'll at least be immune from her fire breath for as long as your pots last. If you have the patience and dexterity (I mean real world dexterity with your mouse, not character agility) to dance around her, I suppose it's doable. But at level 25, it's gonna take a while. So bring lots of food.

Edited by Fredashay

I waited until I was combat level 50 before I even tried to take on Elvarg. I suppose if you equip your anti-dragonfire shield and bring several anti-dragonbreath pots, you'll at least be immune from her fire breath for as long as your pots last. If you have the patience and dexterity (I mean real world dexterity with your mouse, not character agility) to dance around her, I suppose it's doable. But at level 25, it's gonna take a while. So bring lots of food.

You can't use antifire potions in f2p.

You can't use antifire potions in f2p.

Then defeating Elvarg is gonna be very difficult for you (I took her on at about your level and got my @$$ handed to me, so I'm just going by my experience. Your mileage may vary, lol). If my experience is any guide, then you won't last 2 seconds against Elvarg (but that's just my experience). But like I said earlier, if you can dance around quick and avoid her fire breath, you might get lucky. Go ahead and try. I can't swear that this is true, okay, but I think I heard somewhere that you can attack her and leave the fight and go back later (on the same world) and continue the fight and she'll be at the same damage level (assuming nobody else kills her in the meantime).

Apparently, a bunch people don't think this is true. Okay. I thought I heard that somewhere. As for me, I slew her in one go (after waiting a few months for my combat level to increase before I tried again--with an anti-dragon shield and several anti-dragonfire pots), so I denno if the above is true or not.

Edited by Fredashay

If I recall correctly, when I did this quest 2 months ago, there is more backstory saying that Elvarg is already weakened and you merely go in to finish him off. When the fight started, he was less then half health, which made the fight go by much quicker, and at level 35 I used no food.

I think you should be fine, just bring some pizzas and turn your prayers on for more accuracy.

Follow up to my previous answer...

Go here http://runescape.wik...i/Dragon_Slayer and scroll down to The Fight (about 2/3rds the way down the page). Read the 3rd bullet line.

What I said in my previous answer is true! So you noobs who gave my answer a -3, you're a bunch of morons!

Edited by Fredashay

If level a level 4 can beat elvarg I'm sure a level 25. My video proves it.

He won't get destroyed by elvarg as you said in your previous answer before editing it to make you not seem as stupid.

If level a level 4 can beat elvarg I'm sure a level 25. My video proves it.

He won't get destroyed by elvarg as you said in your previous answer before editing it to make you not seem as stupid.

Follow up to my previous answer...

Go here http://runescape.wik...i/Dragon_Slayer and scroll down to The Fight (about 2/3rds the way down the page). Read the 3rd bullet line.

What I said in my previous answer is true! So you noobs who gave my answer a -3, you're a bunch of morons!

calling people a bunch of morons never earns you favor.

i'm pretty sure if people drop you swordies outside, you can just telegrab 'em.

If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. If you're mean to someone when that person has given you no reason to be so, I'll call you what you are.

If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. If you're mean to someone when that person has given you no reason to be so, I'll call you what you are.

mate you're wrong and you try to curve your way around ur original point and call us morons. pathetic.

Ok, I killed Elvarg at lv28, wasn't that hard, if you're really struggling you can try the safespot method, but that takes ages since u can only use a bronze cbow

here is what u have to do to beat him like a chicken.become atleast lvl 30 defence and attack.buy plentiful of lobsters and an anti dragon shield.thats all.