Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
O hai im KAMIL

New PC

Well, it's my birthday today and my parents bought me parts for a new computer (few days ago). I love them a lot :wub: (my parents lol). Official specs are:

ASRock Z77 Extreme4

i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz (will overclock after I get after-market cooler)

GTX 560 (got this for my birthday last year, still lovin' it clear.png)

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal Edition (sexyyyyy)

XFX Core Pro 750W

G.Skill 8GB (8x1GB) DDR3 Memory*

OCZ Agility 128GB*

WD Caviar Green 1TB (from previous computer)

Logitech G105 (not the MW3 one) and Roccat Kone[+]

*In the list I gave to my dad, I had a Vertex 4 and a 4x2GB kit and my dad accidentally got the wrong parts. Ah well, who cares, still awesome :D

I had a lot of fun building it, however at first it was a very quick job and hastily done so there's pretty much no cable management. Everything was going well, except for some reason the new mouse kept forcing the computer to boot straight to BIOS rather than Windows, which took me and my dad a few hours to figure out (and I still find it weird), until the drivers were installed. Other than that, A-OK. Here's what the build looked like:

LOolj.jpg

Very messy. I had nothing planned today, so decided to rework it and after a few hours' work, frustratingly trying to get the grommets back on after coming off (those are a nice doggy! to replace), forcing the cables through the routing holes very forcefully, and cable-tying it to the back, I finally finished. Here's the aftermath:

bf8rn.jpg

I was very pleased with myself, especially considering the fact that I did it after everything was installed and all the cables were in place, and it was my first time properly routing cables. I think it's a pretty neat job :D Here's the back of the case, which looks pretty bad but oh well:

cbdP3.jpg

It was a [mostly] enjoyable experience and I had a lot of fun. Here's the case in it's glory:

1hRej.jpg

Notice how the fans aren't spinning? After closing everything, I realized that I forgot to connect the power to the fans, after already tying everything to the case. It was fairly difficult but I managed to connect it to a molex connector close-by without the need of having to cut a cable, so thank god for that :D

UwZn8.jpg

Thanks to my lovely parents for being so awesome, and thanks to the users of Sal's who helped me pick-out parts! :wub:

Edited by O hai im KAMIL

Heh heh nice.

When I saw the first picture I was :tongue: but then the second one is much better. :P

You might want to have a look through the Overclock.net Phantom Club thread to get inspiration/ideas for tighter cable management (although some builds on there look unrealistically clean :o)

i can't remember if i did ur build but ty [email protected]@@@@

and dat shizzle look fineeeee

no thank [email protected]@@@@@@@

you look fine as well son (tho you aint shizzle <3)

Heh heh nice.

When I saw the first picture I was :tongue: but then the second one is much better. :P

You might want to have a look through the Overclock.net Phantom Club thread to get inspiration/ideas for tighter cable management (although some builds on there look unrealistically clean :o)

I have the Phantom 410, newer model of the Phantom. Thanks though, link to 410 club was on that page :D

Yeah cable management wasn't the best. Next time I'll make sure to do all of it before I install all the parts :P Also so many cables, next PSU I buy is definitely going to be modular :P

i can't remember if i did ur build but ty [email protected]@@@@

and dat shizzle look fineeeee

no thank [email protected]@@@@@@@

you look fine as well son (tho you aint shizzle <3)

Heh heh nice.

I have the Phantom 410, newer model of the Phantom. Thanks though, link to 410 club was on that page :D

Yeah cable management wasn't the best. Next time I'll make sure to do all of it before I install all the parts :P Also so many cables, next PSU I buy is definitely going to be modular :P

You'll thank yourself after building with and without modular haha

Nice build btw :)

fudge I gotta clean up my cables. They're a mess and I feel like shizzle after looking at your build.

Nice case and and nice specs!

Really cool! I'm so use to getting laptops but someday I will build a PC. (: