Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brevity

Fight Kiln Help

Question

I've looked up guides for the Fight Kiln but I still have a few questions about it.

If I don't have Augury/Rigour prayers should I be on curses? If so which creatures should I SoulSplit on if any?

If I have dreadnips can I use those on the dills and bank my pickaxe?

Is tanking the Jad's in Ganodermic top + legs doable or more worth it to pray switch/flinch?

If I'm bringing 2 tort pouches and a unicorn pouch + scrolls, do I replace brews for them?

My gear setup:

1k Diamond Bolts (e)

Neitiznot Helmet

Fury Amulet

Soul Wars Cape

Bandos Chestplate

Bandos Tassets

Chaotic Rapier

Blessed Spirit Shield

Goliath Gloves

Dragon Boots

Tokkul-Zo Ring

My Inventory setup:

Enhanced Excalibur

Armadyl Platebody

Chaotic Crossbow

Ganodermic Poncho

Ganodermic Leggings

Polypore Staff

2 Tortoise pouches

1 Unicorn pouch + scrolls

3 Overload flasks

3 Prayer Renewal flasks

??? Saradomin Brew flasks

??? Super Restore flasks

(How many of each should I bring?)

I will also be filling a Tort with brews before entering.

Please help answer my questions and give me any additional tips, its greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Edited by Brevity

8 answers to this question

I've looked up guides for the Fight Kiln but I still have a few questions about it.

If I don't have Augury/Rigour prayers should I be on curses? If so which creatures should I SoulSplit on if any? soul split whatever you can - if you can pray flash and still get the reduced damage whilst ss, go for it.

If I have dreadnips can I use those on the dills and bank my pickaxe? bring your dreadnips, but still bring a pick. just in case. you can also use the nips on generally anything.

Is tanking the Jad's in Ganodermic top + legs doable or more worth it to pray switch/flinch? tanking doesn't work - 7 jads.

If I'm bringing 2 tort pouches and a unicorn pouch + scrolls, do I replace brews for them? ??? do you mean take out brews or rests, or do you mean not bother taking them?

My gear setup:

1k Diamond Bolts (e)

Neitiznot Helmet

Fury Amulet

Soul Wars Cape

Bandos Chestplate

Bandos Tassets

Chaotic Rapier

Blessed Spirit Shield

Goliath Gloves

Dragon Boots

Tokkul-Zo Ring

My Inventory setup:

Enhanced Excalibur

Armadyl Platebody

Chaotic Crossbow

Ganodermic Poncho

Ganodermic Leggings

Polypore Staff

2 Tortoise pouches

3 Overload flasks

3 Prayer Renewal flasks

??? Super Restore flasks

Please help answer my questions and give me any additional tips, its greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

whilst you're doing this, USE THIS GUIDE.

If I don't have Augury/Rigour prayers should I be on curses? If so which creatures should I SoulSplit on if any? soul split whatever you can - if you can pray flash and still get the reduced damage whilst ss, go for it.

If I have dreadnips can I use those on the dills and bank my pickaxe? bring your dreadnips, but still bring a pick. just in case. you can also use the nips on generally anything.

Is tanking the Jad's in Ganodermic top + legs doable or more worth it to pray switch/flinch? tanking doesn't work - 7 jads.

If I'm bringing 2 tort pouches and a unicorn pouch + scrolls, do I replace brews for them? ??? do you mean take out brews or rests, or do you mean not bother taking them?

My gear setup:

1k Diamond Bolts (e)

Neitiznot Helmet

Fury Amulet

Soul Wars Cape

Bandos Chestplate

Bandos Tassets

Chaotic Rapier

Blessed Spirit Shield

Goliath Gloves

Dragon Boots

Tokkul-Zo Ring

My Inventory setup:

Enhanced Excalibur

Armadyl Platebody

Chaotic Crossbow

Ganodermic Poncho

Ganodermic Leggings

Polypore Staff

2 Tortoise pouches

3 Overload flasks

3 Prayer Renewal flasks

??? Super Restore flasks

Thank you!

whilst you're doing this, USE THIS GUIDE.

I actually did watch that guide. Thanks for the response!

EDIT: I meant replacing a few brews or restores for the pouches + scrolls, not not bothering taking them. Should I keep restores and bank a few brews or the other way around?

Edited by Brevity

If I don't have Augury/Rigour prayers should I be on curses? If so which creatures should I SoulSplit on if any?

If you don't suck at flashing, soul split whenever you have only a few enemies on you.

If you do suck at flashing, you can tank maybe 2 meleers OR 2 rangers OR 1 small mage while soul splitting.

If I have dreadnips can I use those on the dills and bank my pickaxe?

Only if you also have a titan, which you obviously do not if you're using a tort.

Is tanking the Jad's in Ganodermic top + legs doable or more worth it to pray switch/flinch?

Prayer switching isn't hard. Only flinch if you really really suck at it.

If I'm bringing 2 tort pouches and a unicorn pouch + scrolls, do I replace brews for them?

yes.

My gear setup:

1k Diamond Bolts (e) Pretty sure runite bolts are better overall. Broads work, or you could try Karil's.

Neitiznot Helmet Since you don't have a titan you might want to switch to a defensive helm like Gano or Verac. Not necessary though

Fury Amulet

Soul Wars Cape

Bandos Chestplate

Bandos Tassets

Chaotic Rapier

Blessed Spirit Shield No. Use a mages' book, prayer book, or dragon defender.

Goliath Gloves

Dragon Boots

Tokkul-Zo Ring

My Inventory setup:

Enhanced Excalibur

Armadyl Platebody Bring legs as well. If you can't afford it use royal dhide.

Chaotic Crossbow Karil's could work, about as effective as runite bolts.

Ganodermic Poncho

Ganodermic Leggings

Polypore Staff

2 Tortoise pouches

3 Overload flasks

3 Prayer Renewal flasks

??? Super Restore flasks

Standard 3:1 ratio should be fine. Fill inv+tort until you only have 2 free inv spaces. Fill that space with some throwaway food like shark because you'll be replacing them with crystals.

any additional tips

-Use resizable so you can see more of the screen.

-Dreadnips are best on high defence+hp enemies, namely the big mages and jads.

-Mage jads if you don't flinch them.

-Wave 35 jad cannot be flinched, so even if you suck at prayer switching you'll have to do it for at least one jad. Smokey's method of standing to the west and walking up to jad is not really necessary. Stand on NE side of rock and use invulnerability crystals immediately. Attack jad once so you can set a dreadnip on it, then mage the meleer to death. Then, jad will be the only thing that can attack you.

-Haraken's head can only spawn on the W,E,and S sides.

-Wave 35 jad cannot be flinched, so even if you suck at prayer switching you'll have to do it for at least one jad. Smokey's method of standing to the west and walking up to jad is not really necessary. Stand on NE side of rock and use invulnerability crystals immediately. Attack jad once so you can set a dreadnip on it, then mage the meleer to death. Then, jad will be the only thing that can attack you.

I flinched wave 35, although I had to tank 1-2 hits to get Jad into position. Smokey has a video on how to do this.

Flinching takes forever, though. Two tortoises probably isn't enough.

I flinched wave 35, although I had to tank 1-2 hits to get Jad into position. Smokey has a video on how to do this.

Flinching takes forever, though. Two tortoises probably isn't enough.

I didn't need to flinch the Jads, didn't realize it was super easy to focus on switching without healers. But sadly on wave 30 I died from failed prayer switch due to server lag. Really pissed off at the moment but gearing up and giving it another try. That was my first attempt and I had about 11 brews and 5-6 restores left so I think I did pretty well.

The guys above pretty much covered it but some minor things that could help:

Bakriminel bolts- These actually hit really well on the mages.

God cape/inf boots- Maximizing mage bonus is a must. I find myself polyporing some jads for 2 or more minutes on accounts with low mage bonus/level.

The guys above pretty much covered it but some minor things that could help:

Bakriminel bolts- These actually hit really well on the mages.

God cape/inf boots- Maximizing mage bonus is a must. I find myself polyporing some jads for 2 or more minutes on accounts with low mage bonus/level.

Hmm, that's interesting. I will have to try those bolts.

Yeah, I'm realizing mage bonus is very important. Even with 99 mage Jad's still take a while.

Just a little update. My 2nd attempt I got to the last boss and had him almost dead, ran out of brews and died from getting piled by mage tentacles. I didn't really kill any of them thinking very little would spawn, so I think that's where I went wrong. I was tanking them in gano, praying range and using magic crystal. Frustrating but I will definitely try again soon.