Sal's RuneScape Forum
William Howard Taft

Which President would be best to have now?

If we were to have any, it would most definitely be General Washington.

Why? Because he's the most obedient to the Constitution I've seen yet. He knew how to run America the way it was meant to be run. From there, we've only just been rapidly expanding the size of Government well beyond the confines of the Constitution, and at this point, the Constitution is practically null.

Not to mention, he did help with getting us to even be here in the first place.

So you want a president who doesn't know what electricity is?

If we were alive back then, would it really be a problem?

Electricity has nothing to do with this. It's the ideals, and Washington is the only one with the ideals we need to get this country back on track.

Ideals aren't enough. Does Washington have a sufficient understanding of economics to remedy our debt problems? Does he understand the intricacies of modern diplomacy well enough to deal with China?

You can't just solve problems by throwing the constitution at them.

At this point, foreign policy isn't really going to do enough to get us out of anything. Domestic policy is what's killing us, and we need to remedy that first.

At this point, foreign policy isn't really going to do enough to get us out of anything. Domestic policy is what's killing us, and we need to remedy that first.

You must not have seen me mention economics.

Why? Because he's the most obedient to the Constitution I've seen yet. He knew how to run America the way it was meant to be run. From there, we've only just been rapidly expanding the size of Government well beyond the confines of the Constitution, and at this point, the Constitution is practically null.

If we were alive back then, would it really be a problem?

Electricity has nothing to do with this. It's the ideals, and Washington is the only one with the ideals we need to get this country back on track.

Ideals aren't enough. Does Washington have a sufficient understanding of economics to remedy our debt problems? Does he understand the intricacies of modern diplomacy well enough to deal with China?

You can't just solve problems by throwing the constitution at them.

It's both domestic and foreign policies that are nuking our budget. Foreign policy should be reformed to reduce costs (monetary especially)--because a bullet or missile fired is not retrievable or recyclable. Resources used in wars are irretrievable--they're quite wasted. At least domestic spending should come back to an American--where the money is spent across multiple industries (for goods & services at all levels).

I never knew a decent understanding of science was needed for holding office

If this is the case kick 1/4 of the senate and house out, because they don't satisfy this requirement

I never knew a decent understanding of science was needed for holding office

If this is the case kick 1/4 of the senate and house out, because they don't satisfy this requirement

Since you seemed to take my post at face value, I'll clarify - If the President is 225 years out of touch with modern technology, how can you expect him to perform his role? Imagine how out of touch he'd be on economics and domestic policy!

I'm all for following the constitution but blind idealism doesn't help anyone.