Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jethraw

Too Much Treasure? Boost Your Bank!

Too Much Treasure? Boost your Bank!

Greetings, adventurer!

It is with great pleasure that I present to you the bank booster; the latest item available from Solomon’s General Store!

It is in an adventurer’s very nature to hoard the many rewards of their quests. Each and every item tells a story of victory; of courage over adversity; of triumph! But alas, space is at a premium for storing these numerous trinkets and treasures...

At last, there is a solution!

Simply purchase the Bank Booster +50 from my store and, the next time you log in, take a moment to inspect your bank. You’ll observe that an additional 50 spaces have become available to you! This marvellous item works in exactly the same manner for members and non-members. Indeed, up to 5 bank boosters can be purchased from my boutique, totalling 250 fantastic additional bank spaces, available to all!

What’s more, in consideration of our most loyal adventurers, in the coming weeks the bank booster will also be available not only from my boutique, but also from the Loyalty Shop.

If you’ve yet to visit my establishment, why not drop in and receive 200 RuneCoins absolutely free? Remember that if you wish to purchase additional RuneCoins, you can do so here or by clicking ‘Buy RuneCoins’ inside my store. Don’t forget that I offer a 10% discount to all members!

Until next time.

Solomon

Proprietor - Solomon’s General Store

Discuss this here.

*Le Sigh*

Edited by Jethraw

Woah looks like i'll have to get p2p again! Awesome update after awesome update. Awesome! [/sarcasm]

Maybe slightly offtopic: Can't wait for the item shop. Slated for the week after EoC. A divine spirit shield for 50 euro is a bargain!

Edited by Fabio

Honestly, I have no problem with this. I have said in the past that I would be happy for Jagex to sell bank space for real life money. 500 spaces is already very good and it is possible to have all the essential items and still have space for more within the normal bank. Extra bank spaces won't give anyone a real advantage and are very alluring to all players.

Honestly a good move by Jagex (although I think their payment system should be a little more secure, seems silly that any child can steal their parent's card and pay for things)

If you can look after your bank you shouldn't run out of bank space. A lot of the stuff I keep in my bank is never used.

Still selling bank space for irl cash is about just as far as Jagex can go without selling in game benefits.

Y'know, I think Jagex might actually have generated LESS rage from the community if they had introduced a cash shop outright, rather than taking too many, too obvious steps toward it.

Y'know, I think Jagex might actually have generated LESS rage from the community if they had introduced a cash shop outright, rather than taking too many, too obvious steps toward it.

Honestly I would just love an XP shop. Let me pay to get rid of the most boring part of the game, keep the other stuff. I could see many players paying for that, and it would offer no inherent otherwise unattainable ingame advantage.

Edited by Kaibamanjrs

Not sure if warned or suspended. How about both? ~Yuan

Edited by Yuanrang

Honestly thinking about quitting this game. I've accomplished everything I've ever wanted to do and it's not going towards the right direction.

Seriously guys it's just bank space. As a few people have mentioned above, you can EASILY get by with the given amount of bank spaces. There's not really even an advantage to buying them. I have junk in my bank which I could easily get rid of, and I still have over one hundred free bank spaces.

Edit: I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with the update, I'm just saying that everyone is overreacting.

Edited by Trey

I hate the new CEO. All he is is a greedy little kid. He didn't receive enough cash from cosmetics so he adds in game advantages -_-

I hate the new CEO. All he is is a greedy little kid. He didn't receive enough cash from cosmetics so he adds in game advantages -_-

It's actually ivp

MMG was CEO for quite awhile before before the money grabing stuff was introduced. They started when parts of Jagex was sold off to investors.

The update appears to be sensible and well timed. Loyal and lazy members alike will eventually be able to get more bank space, however more bank space isn't needed and it doesn't give an advantage to many parts of the game. There are few activities that require the player to have a lot of bankspace...treasure trails is perhaps one of the few examples I can think of, given that things can be sold very quickly via the GE.

It's good that they're going to be offering this via the loyalty shop as well, however expensive it ends up being. I wouldn't mind a little more spaces. For those saying it's overpriced...it's not. Jagex has a complete monopoly on the bankspace market, and can therefore very reasonably demand any price they want.

Having said that, this isn't the content I pay for in membership. I'm glad they released it with an actual update, as had this been all we got this week I would have been disappointed.

I twend to hoard things so my bank is usually always near the maximum.

(the storage capacity in my poh is too)

Whenever more bank space was given in the past, it was always included in the monthly subscription fee.

That fee has been raised more than once. I consider bank space an essential, not an extra. I do not

feel like paying extra for something I consider essential. It should remain included in the subscription.

At least it will be available in the loyalty shop.

Something unannounced about this update is the alert one gets about how long it will be until one

receive their daily spins for the sof. I do not understand why the felt the need to add this feature.

Edited by Gantowisa