Sal's RuneScape Forum
LoneWanderer

2012 Being End of the World

Yes or No  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Believe The World Will End In 2012?

• Yes
    • No

With 12/21/12 coming up, a lot of conversations are based upon the so called "end of the world"

Some people feel that this is the end of the word, while many people think this is a big load of crap. What do you think?

Edited by LoneWanderer

the wind still howls

the water still flows

the buffalos sleep

the world spins and waits for no man

At the rate ivp is going, that is the day RS will end. For some, RS is the world to them, therefore for them the world will end.

I never really put much stock in these kinds of theories, considering the Mayan calendar system was not a perfect system, I see no reason to believe their calendar to be the be-all and end-all of what's to come, everything ends somewhere and it just so happens to have stopped there.

It's made for some interesting films and funny discussion though. Seems like people cared much more about it when it was years off than they do now that there's only a few months left :P

I'm sure it will make for a heck of an interesting day, because some people are bound to go off the deep end.

Maybe if all the Mayans weren't wiped out by the Spanish, they would've finished their goddamn calendar.

There's no debate here. Doomsday 2012? Shut the fudge up and get back to work.

Edited by theking1322

December 12 or 21 or whatever they say it is is as much the end of the world as yesterday was.

The Aztecs were certain that the world would end as part of a 52 year cycle unless they sacrificed enough hearts to the sun god. Given that they died and the world didn't end (well, their world did), why should we give so much credence to the prophecies of the mayans who lived at exactly the same time and have little more justification?

A few years ago this was a scary thought, but now there's been so much things disproved about the end of the world in 2012.

Another bigger or something Mayan calender was found, Leap Days were unaccounted for, making the calender off, and a bunch of other stuff.

I feel that the world isn't going to end on that date, but I try to convince myself otherwise so that I have an excuse to eat several hundred dollar's worth of ice cream the week before.

It better not :censored: end, I graduate in 2013.

Personally I think that the world is just as likely to "end" tomorrow as it is on December 21, 2012.

I'll be watching the show on December 20th, though. :popcorn:

Edited by Big Tree

Honestly I'm probably not even going to realize it's the 21st since I'll be on break and not keeping track of the days

Maybe if all the Mayans weren't wiped out by the Spanish, they would've finished their goddamn calendar.

Not trying to be a smart alec here, but the Classic Mayan civilization finished their calendar long before the Spanish got to the Americas

I don't even really know much about this, but I think that the 2012 doomsday day was really just the end of a Mayan cycle in their calendar. They weren't necessarily saying that it was going to be the end of the world. Also, if anyone cares, the Mayan "apocalypse" day is also the day that the Earth, the Sun, and the center of the Milky Way galaxy line up I believe.

I haven't the foggiest idea whether December 21st 2012 is the end of the world, but if it is I have a lot of goofing off to do.

Edited by Sobend

the Mayans probably were planning on launching their doomsday device that they predicted would be completed by December 21

so I think December 21 should be "Hug a Spaniard Day" for foiling the evil Mayans' plans

I personally think that the world is going to be coming to an end at the end of 2012. :box: I find the kind of movies that detail this apocalyptic event to be somewhat boring sadly.

I'm pretty sure people have found an extension of the mayan calendar to around ~6000?

I personally think that the world is going to be coming to an end at the end of 2012. :box: I find the kind of movies that detail this apocalyptic event to be somewhat boring sadly.

I gotta say that 2012 movie with the flooding and the arcs just made me mad that I sat through such a long movie

Are you kidding? The inclusion of the Queen secured that a vote for movie of the millennium for me!

Personally I don't believe in it as Chuck Norris is still alive and it wouldn't dare hurt the world when he is here.

Will the aussies die before us????

I hope not ^_^

It's the end of the world as we know it

But I feel fine?!

It's the end of the world as we know it

But I feel fine?!

Rapid.Eye.Movement

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways

a lot of things are coming out in 2013+ like avatar 2, watch dogs, the last of us, probably more seasons of The Walking Dead and How I Met Your Mother, so it better not end

>: (

and if it does i've wasted my whole life in school

Although I find it hard to believe the world will end, I've seen some interesting things on how a giant solar flare could wipe out our electronics, or something like that. Without electricity, humans will no doubt have tons of trouble surviving for very long.

Although I find it hard to believe the world will end, I've seen some interesting things on how a giant solar flare could wipe out our electronics, or something like that. Without electricity, humans will no doubt have tons of trouble surviving for very long.

Ehh...guns will still work, and we'll just slowly revert to gas lighting. Not ideal, but not that bad either. The only thing you'd really miss would the internet. Cooking a few things would be a bit slower (bread, blending), but mostly, the show would go on.

The only thing you'd really miss would the internet.

Yeah, small matters, like, if the air rushed out of the atmosphere the only thing you'd really miss would be breathing

Yeah, small matters, like, if the air rushed out of the atmosphere the only thing you'd really miss would be breathing

Are you suggesting that the internet is almost as important as breathing?

The world in the 1800s was still, for many people, an enjoyable and interesting place to live. Life wasn't always fantastic, but it wasn't quite as bad as all that. Organised governmental structures, running water, warfare, and steam power are all still perfectly possible. Best case scenario? We end up living in steampunk.

Are you suggesting that the internet is almost as important as breathing?

The world in the 1800s was still, for many people, an enjoyable and interesting place to live. Life wasn't always fantastic, but it wasn't quite as bad as all that. Organised governmental structures, running water, warfare, and steam power are all still perfectly possible. Best case scenario? We end up living in steampunk.

Have fun with your shizzlety healthcare.

Fair point, but anaesthetic would still exist, right? Ultimately, you could eventually rebuild a lot of the stuff (possibly even pill factories) with enough steam power.