Sal's RuneScape Forum
thepope1322

Who do you side with?

So mostly libertarians and hippies green. We're a few cat memes short from being a summary of the internet, guys

a672063682c96cad6c0913a6807fc7b1.png?1348669729

You go Girlfriend!

Excuse me, pardon me.

84237820.jpg

Edited by heb0

I side strongly with Gary Johnson. (93%)

Why all the arguing against states' rights then?

(curious)

I don't discuss my point of view here but rather speak out against what I consider to be improper or incorrect arguments. I use Sal's to hone my discussion skills, not to debate what I believe in.

Either that or welfare is the 7% I don't agree with.

you're so fat

(Either that or article 1 section 8 of the US Constiution gives Congress, not the states, the power to "lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts an provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States." and as such it is my Libertarian prerogative to ensure the proper federal support for these programs.)

Is that really referring to ourwelfare program? As in, helping the needy? Or the welfare of the country? Not disagreeing, just an honest question. I'm Jon Snow.

As in, helping the needy? Or the welfare of the country?

Is there so much of a difference?

GCwwq.png

yeah, i got

10db61z.png

I'm leaning more towards Romney for this election, and not so much Obama.

GCwwq.png

yeah, i got

10db61z.png

I'm leaning more towards Romney for this election, and not so much Obama.

Good, someone other than Fishy on my side.

(Either that or article 1 section 8 of the US Constiution gives Congress, not the states, the power to "lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts an provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States." and as such it is my Libertarian prerogative to ensure the proper federal support for these programs.)

This is mostly a semantics debate, but since the idea of government welfare did not exist in 1789 when the Constitution was written (it would come about 100 years later), it's highly unlikely that this quote refers to it, especially since it doesn't say "general Welfare of the people of the United States."

I still think welfare is a state-level issue.

Edited by theking1322

It's referring to the welfare of the United States, a point I clarified in a subsequent post:

"It's not referring to a welfare program, but the welfare of our nation which many suggest relies strongly on a healthy, capable population [which necessitates pubic health and education systems, as well as support for those who cannot function properly on their own.]"

Yeah. I missed that.

I also downvoted you by accident :(

I side with Gary Johnson on 96% of the issues... It makes sense since I'm a libertarian. With that said, I don't know who I'm going to vote for this time. I really don't want Romney to win.

ftfy

Also, lol at how pretty much nobody here supports Romney :P

ftfy

Let's call Mitt Romney a swiss army knife of politicians. Jack of all trades master at none.

140057672.jpg

The number of things I would have agreed on with Jill Stein would have increased further if I had noticed the "Choose another stance" a bit sooner...

Edited by Real

ftfy

So, like, me and... one other person?

ftfy

Technically both of you have Romney tied for first place with Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, so it's 1/2 each :P

ftfy

Technically both of you have Romney tied for first place with Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, so it's 1/2 each :P

That's more mental alignment, but seeing as how right now it's a choice between Romney or Obama, I'm going to go ahead and say it's just the two EDIT: Three.

Edited by Amber Pyrilmas

iSideWith is a flawed tool because it'll measure Obama's actions before his words but can only measure Romney's words. I don't have any confidence in Romney's faithfulness to his current platform--especially not after May 1, 2013. (The "first 100 days" in a Romney presidency.) I have far more confidence in Ron Paul's commitment to his entire platform and in Gary Johnson's commitment to, at the very least, vetoing legislation.

I'm voting for Johnson but if I absolutely HAD to pick between Romney and Obama, I'd pick Romney, if only because who's in power will have a profound effect on Supreme Court appointments in the next few years.