Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
123man

Which auras are most worthwhile?

I don't play too much, but started up again in July. I've ignored the crap you could buy from Loyalty Points because, at a glance, they did not seem useful (emotes, clothing). But I've just discoverd the auras and see they actually have a use. The ones that offer a 3% increase in resource gathering interest me the most, especially considering you can increase it more with the higher tiers.

But then I see ones like Jack of Trades and I wonder if that's more worth it or three of the 3%'ers instead. I like gaining free xp. Or others like the Vampyism one looks worthwhile too?

Thoughts on the above or any auras that you've found particularly worthwhile?

Jack of Trades is good, tends to be worth more than the 3% ones. Get that.

Otherwise Reverence seems good - read up on the prayer effect. I'm sure others have more first hand experience.

Jack of trades gives an XP equivalent of Shattered Heart rocks on any skill, and can be done daily in under 2 minutes.

For combat the 3 worth considering are Vampyrism (works like a constant under powered Soul Split) Penance (Gain prayer points equal to 20% of any damage you receive.) & as far up the Reverence list as you can afford (Slows down prayer drain and increases prayer restoration from potions to varying percentages)

I have Jack of Trades and tier 3 greenfingers, reverence, and sharpshooter.

Jack of Trades is nice to have.

Reverence is also nice to have.

Greenfingers and sharpshooter don't appear to make much difference for me (they were on sale when I got them)

I am curious about the EoC versions of Inspiration, Invigorate, and Vampyrism.

Inspiration and Invigorate will effect adrenaline. I do not think Vampyrism will be any different for EoC.

I might try one of those next or go for tier 4 reverence.

Equilibrium is underestimated, it's extremely helpful for slaying (at least it is in the live game; idk how it will be after damage/hp get inflated weirdly after eoc)

If penance is not nerfed when eoc launches, it will be without question the most useful combat aura.

vampirism will probably be very useful too, due to nerfed soul split / excalibur