Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Salmoneus

Sal’s Thanksgiving Gathering ‘12

Sal's Thanksgiving Gathering '12

Sals_Realm_of_RS_Thanksgiving_2012_Gathering.png

Hey everyone it's that time of year again. With the holidays here; shopping to do, buying that last minute plane ticket to go see distant family. Or stocking up on food if you have family coming over =P. Sal's Realm would like to wish you a safe and fun holiday season. As well as to invite you to our own Thanksgiving feast!

sals_realm_thanksgiving_2012_invite.jpg

"hy should I attend? Thanksgiving is an American holiday, and we don't have it in our country.

You don't need to be American to have a day to give thanks, chat with friends, play some games, drink, break your diet and eat more food than you can handle.

First, we will meet up on freeplay World 61, in the center of Varrock (near the large fountain). In the spirit of things, we will be going on a Turkey hunt. We'll also hold a competition or two, and the winner(s) will be announced on the front page of our site, and on the forum.

Then, once the slaughter is complete with our food in hand, and cooked, we will hop over to members' World 71 gather at Viltgance's house in Yanille to chat, eat, drink, play a few games; and who knows... maybe Sal will even stop by. :P

World:
61 and 71

Date:
Saturday, November 24, 2012

Time:
3:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM GMT

POH:
Viltgance

We hope to see you next weekend at our Thanksgiving gathering! :)

Edited by Salmoneus
Added timezone converter from RuneTrack.

Challenge accepted.

By the way, is the Halloween event still going on? That's the only event since 2005 I haven't attended.

I'll try and be there, though I never know what's going to happen on Saturdays.

On a weekend? :s

I'd say that considering RuneScape's majority demographic is teenagers who would be in school during the week, that's pretty fair.

It's a Sunday morning for me, I may be there. 9am, but it's the summer holidays so I might just be enjoying the sleep.

If I am near a computer, I will be at Varrock Sq. W61. What time? Gloucester is not in CST...........

I assume by Gloucester you live in the UK then the event starts at 8pm for you.

Edited by Dei Wei

If I am near a computer, I will be at Varrock Sq. W61. What time? Gloucester is not in CST...........

Oops. NVM. I meant Gloucester in New England, Because that is what I see in the event banner in the first post.

But today it says Charlestown which is still in New England. Why it says that New England is in CST is beyond me.

I'm already confused enough by EDT and EST and turning clocks back and forth an hour. NVM changing time zones too

edit - anyway I understand that it will be 3PM for me.

thank you.

Edited by Gantowisa

I'll try to stop in if obligations permit! :)

Edited by Zooey

Oops. NVM. I meant Gloucester in New England, Because that is what I see in the event banner in the first post.

But today it says Charlestown which is still in New England. Why it says that New England is in CST is beyond me.

I'm already confused enough by EDT and EST and turning clocks back and forth an hour. NVM changing time zones too

edit - anyway I understand that it will be 3PM for me.

thank you.

I'm not sure why the converter is displaying the time in CST rather than EST for some of us on the east coast... definitely odd. Even if I set the time to 3pm EST on the converter, it still detects that I'm in CST.

Is anyone else seeing a conversion to the wrong timezone?