Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sobend

Rejuvenate overpowered?

I was fooling around with some of the new abilities and discovered that for many monsters that previously required large quantities of food that if you used rejuvenate (an ability that requires 52 defence, a shield, and 100% adrenaline which heals you) you can basically train on these monsters without food. This seems a bit overpowered to me. Another thing that makes it questionable is the ease of the shield requirement. There is no "you have to wear a shield for x minutes" limitation so anybody with a two handed weapon can put on a shield for a second, rejuvenate, then go back to using a two handed weapon.

What are your opinions on this?

considering that prayers have been severely nerfed, no I don't think it's overpowered.

btw the HP ability 'regenerate' does almost the same thing, but only works outside of combat and uses whatever adrenaline you have left instead of the entire bar.

It's slightly overpowered imo, but it was most likely created to compensate for the Prayer nerf. Still it's not exactly the same, protect Prayers were great and helped you last a long time sure, but this ability can help you last forever and for free.

considering that prayers have been severely nerfed, no I don't think it's overpowered.

btw the HP ability 'regenerate' does almost the same thing, but only works outside of combat and uses whatever adrenaline you have left instead of the entire bar.

I guess you are right about compensation for prayer, but in my opinion this is better than prayer. Prayer required prayer points which you only had a limited amount of. If you wanted more than the limited amount of prayer points that you had based on level you would have to use some prayer restore potion which was expensive. This ability only requires adrenaline which can be easily raised to 100%.

I also feel that the whole "you need a shield" thing is poorly done. They either need to enforce it better (must wear shield for x minutes) or get rid of the shield altogether. I have not tried out regenerate because its members-only.

I thought you had to have the shield equipped for the whole amount of time the ability is activated, and that if you took it off sooner, you wouldn't get healed all the way.

Correct me if im wrong :s

I thought you had to have the shield equipped for the whole amount of time the ability is activated, and that if you took it off sooner, you wouldn't get healed all the way.

I'm not sure if that is right, but even if it was it wouldn't make rejuvenate less powerful. There is not a big difference between 1 second and 10 seconds. Either way you don't need to have shield in your combat setup to use rejuvenate, which goes against what the Jagex creators *probably* had in mind.

I'm not sure if that is right, but even if it was it wouldn't make rejuvenate less powerful. There is not a big difference between 1 second and 10 seconds. Either way you don't need to have shield in your combat setup to use rejuvenate, which goes against what the Jagex creators *probably* had in mind.

I looked at rejuvinate a bit like the replacement of the ee special attack. In the old combat system, people who had the stats for the ee could do many slayer tasks without/little food. Now it's no different, but just using an ultimate ability instead of 100% of the special attack bar :P

but in my opinion this is better than prayer. Prayer required prayer points which you only had a limited amount of. If you wanted more than the limited amount of prayer points that you had based on level you would have to use some prayer restore potion which was expensive. This ability only requires adrenaline which can be easily raised to 100%.

I still think it's not much different from prayer. If you were to flash soul split, prayer points would be essentially unlimited, and prayer flashing didn't take much more effort than spamming abilities. Although soul split did require quite a high prayer level so yeah

I kinda like to think of rejuvenation replacing Sara brews tbh. Now that they only heal 500 per dose, if you're in serious danger, sara brews are no longer an option. Of course, even without rejuvenate, I rarely find myself needing food for slayer at all any more, I just bring a few super pray pots and soul split if I absolutely need it.