Sal's RuneScape Forum
Joe Mama

Halo 4 vs. Call of Duty Black Ops II

So my friends and i keep having a debate on which game is better! What does everyone else think?

FYI pretty sure you don't a separate copy of this in Debate Room.

I personally prefer Halo 4 for the campaign and sci-if universe Bungie, 343, and the authors have helped make up. Multiplayer-wise it's gotten better with every game (glad that they added sprint in Reach and 4). It's also more satisfying killing aliens bent on humanity's extinction than other people.

Halo multiplayer is much more skill based than CoD ever will be, if that's a big factor for you.

This is coming from a CoD player.

Black Ops 2 multiplayer is dumbed down with even more UAV spam than usual which in most circumstances forces anyone competent to use ghost, lag compensation, horrible matchmaking (combine lag compensation with matching you in horrible lobbies because of the awful skill based matchmaking which hardly works and is completely pointless because of league play), typical CoD style maps with too many windows and barrels to clip behind making it far too easy to play as a complete cheeseball, etc.

I haven't played campaign in any CoD game so I wouldn't really be able to tell you what that's like in my opinion, but it generally seems like all it is is a bunch of explosions everywhere.

By all means, BO2 still has decent multiplayer, but I think there's a lot more enjoyment in Halo if you're going for a pure multiplayer experience.

Edited by MnJu

@@MnJu, I don't know why everyone keeps complaining about this "lag-compensation" crap. I've never once experienced it and I think it's just people making up excuses for their shizzlety play. As for bad matchmaking, when you go to choose a gametype press 'X' (or Circle on PS3) and change your search settings to 'Best'.

Both games are good, both have their positives and negatives, there's absolutely no point in debating over which is better.

Both games are good, both have their positives and negatives, there's absolutely no point in debating over which is better.

True, i like them both, but halo 4 better...

@@MnJu, I don't know why everyone keeps complaining about this "lag-compensation" crap. I've never once experienced it and I think it's just people making up excuses for their shizzlety play. As for bad matchmaking, when you go to choose a gametype press 'X' (or Circle on PS3) and change your search settings to 'Best'.

I don't know what to tell you if you haven't experienced lag compensation in this game or MW3. I really don't make excuses, and I really don't play poorly. Even with matchmaking set to best you're going to get awful lobbies because they're trying to implement a failed skillbased matchmaking system. Not to mention getting banned from connecting because of hosts turning off their console or just getting kicked from lobbies in general.

Edited by MnJu

I don't know what to tell you if you haven't experienced lag compensation in this game or MW3. I really don't make excuses, and I really don't play poorly. Even with matchmaking set to best you're going to get awful lobbies because they're trying to implement a failed skillbased matchmaking system. Not to mention getting banned from connecting because of hosts turning off their console or just getting kicked from lobbies in general.

I haven't really ever gotten awful lobbies (of course sometimes everyone 1-bars however host migration kicks in and from then on it's smooth). I think Black Ops 2 has the best matchmaking.

So everyone (including myself) likes Halo 4 better? What a fail on CoD's part...

Call of Duty Black Ops II made half a billion dollars within the first 24 hours after its release.

You must have some impossible criteria for what constitutes a success if you think that was a failure.

Edited by theking1322

I haven't really ever gotten awful lobbies (of course sometimes everyone 1-bars however host migration kicks in and from then on it's smooth). I think Black Ops 2 has the best matchmaking.

I've spent some more time playing and the matchmaking isn't as bad as when I first started, maybe I was just being unlucky. Though I do occasionally get into some 2-3 bar lobbies because I guess they're trying to match me with people that are closer to my stats (500+ score per minute, 2.4+ k/d and going up)

Though there still are some glaring issues with the game, in my opinion of course. Secondaries are just ridiculous, like I almost wish they'd just replace them all with akimbo FMG9's. The B23R (I think?) is basically instant kill, and I just don't think that's good design for secondaries. Running B23R/C4/Scavenger I can get blackbird+dogs almost as easy as with SMG's. And I really just don't like the inclusion of bouncing betties. I have to run engineer purely because everyone likes to throw betties everywhere. I almost have more deaths to them than anything else in the game.

Not to mention all of the windows/barrels to clip behind. I like playing extremely aggressive because it's fun and I can generally do it fairly well, but people just like sitting behind barrels.

Like I said, I don't think it's as bad as when I first started playing, but I still think Halo 4 is better skillfully. There's just so many more deaths in CoD where there's virtually nothing you could have done to avoid them outside of being a psychic.

Call of Duty Black Ops II made half a billion dollars within the first 24 hours after its release. You must have some impossible criteria for what constitutes a success if you think that was a failure.

Being successful in sales doesn't mean it's successful in every category. Look at the majority of mainstream music.

Edited by MnJu

I've spent some more time playing and the matchmaking isn't as bad as when I first started, maybe I was just being unlucky. Though I do occasionally get into some 2-3 bar lobbies because I guess they're trying to match me with people that are closer to my stats (500+ score per minute, 2.4+ k/d and going up)

Though there still are some glaring issues with the game, in my opinion of course. Secondaries are just ridiculous, like I almost wish they'd just replace them all with akimbo FMG9's. The B23R (I think?) is basically instant kill, and I just don't think that's good design for secondaries. Running B23R/C4/Scavenger I can get blackbird+dogs almost as easy as with SMG's. And I really just don't like the inclusion of bouncing betties. I have to run engineer purely because everyone likes to throw betties everywhere. I almost have more deaths to them than anything else in the game.

Not to mention all of the windows/barrels to clip behind. I like playing extremely aggressive because it's fun and I can generally do it fairly well, but people just like sitting behind barrels.

Like I said, I don't think it's as bad as when I first started playing, but I still think Halo 4 is better skillfully. There's just so many more deaths in CoD where there's virtually nothing you could have done to avoid them outside of being a psychic.

I agree with you on the overpowered secondaries, B23R especially. It definitely needs to be toned down, as it matches some of the SMGs in power which is just ridiculous. I always go with the Stinger missile anyway.

Bouncing Betties are extremely easy to counter - just crouch. I much prefer them to claymores as with BB it's easy to escape from it whereas a claymore goes off near-instantaneously.

Head glitching is one of the main problems in the game, yeah. Pretty much every object can be abused in this way and when you play aggressive (like I do as well) it's very rage-inducing.

Call of Duty Black Ops II made half a billion dollars within the first 24 hours after its release. You must have some impossible criteria for what constitutes a success if you think that was a failure.

Being successful in sales doesn't mean it's successful in every category. Look at the majority of mainstream music.

No, that is the definition of success. Infinity Ward didn't make Modern Warfare 2 because Call of Duty 4 was good, they made it because CoD 4 sold well.

Games are a consumer product.

Bouncing Betties are extremely easy to counter - just crouch.

Eh, I didn't have a big problem with them in MW3 but for some reason I just keep getting into situations where they kill me. I'm really paranoid about dolphin diving by accident.

No, that is the definition of success. Infinity Ward didn't make Modern Warfare 2 because Call of Duty 4 was good, they made it because CoD 4 sold well. Games are a consumer product.

Please don't tell me the point went straight over your head l:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.