Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Morgan silve

RuneScape & Sleep Paralysis? (Please Help)

Question

Hello,

I have been experiencing Sleep Paralysis since I was 13 and in the 8th Grade. It recently stopped, however, when I got back to playing RuneScape, it came back. Please note that sleep paralysis may be a "common" thing, but it is still a very horrible experience and it has ruined my rest. I now how to sleep with other people rather than on my own. Imagine waking up paralyzed in the middle of the night with difficulty breathing, hearing voices and seeing things...

So please help;

-Can RuneScape cause this?

-Do video games in general cause this?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

I've never had this problem, but according to this site (http://dreamstudies.org/2011/04/12/10-ways-to-prevent-sleep-paralysis/), using Video games and TV right before bed has been linked to sleep paralysis. You may want to avoid playing Runescape in the later hours of the night or just stop playing altogether.

I would advise the above. Even though I have no sleep issues now, video games before bed always make it difficult for me to switch off and get to sleep. It may vary a lot from person to person, but when I used to have sleep problems, overheating was a big trigger for me. I always had to make sure I wasn't too bundled up before getting to bed.

I would experiment with it. Try not playing Runescape within 1 hour of sleep, 2 hours, etc. If you find a happy medium, great. If the problem keeps coming back just because you keep playing Runescape, it certainly isn't worth it.

I think we had a thread about Sleep Paralysis on here and how to deal with it.

I can't find it :(

Depends on each person individual.

But try this:

The hour before you go to sleep (of half hour), no tv or computer.

Also, if possible..no computer right next to your bed when you sleep.