Sal's RuneScape Forum
Micael Fatia

Player Owned Ports

Surprised there's no discussion topic about POP yet considering how fun, popular and unique this activity is.

Here's a couple questions to get this topic rolling:

How many scroll pieces and trade goods do you have? What did you name your ships? What region are you in?

portmanagementscrolls.png

poptradegoods.png

popshipnames.png

And I'm currently 93% through the Hook region.

Going for the Seasinger robe bottom scroll pieces next.

Here's my progress so far

dc3pg.png

Q4HFf.png

V61In.png

RflPt.png

Edited by wartoc1

Currently got 5 scroll pieces (full tetsu body, first bit of the legs, currently trying for Vampyrism scrimshaw scroll).

3 ships; HMS Ocean, The Black Pearl and HMS Enterprise (which I've actually been aboard IRL :L).

Currently 15% through Scythe region, with 8 Ancient bones and 1 Plate.

Trying to upgrade my buildings as the only real upgrade I've gotten since tutorial is office lol.

My score is 490 Bo'sun and I have no scrolls or trade goods.

I have not had much success below 90% so I have been concentrating on ship upgrades and crew xp.

I have 6 port upgrades and 25 ship parts unlocked. My next goal will be a third ship so I can start collecting

bamboo and gunpwder for some more port upgrades.

I know I am playing too conservative so I will probably get left behind.

I just finished upgrading absolutely everything on my ship from the Scythe region and I've upgraded all my crew except for one of the seafaring ones hence the reason my resources are so low. :P I managed to get my third ship just shortly after I reached the Scythe region, but I am at a pretty small percent into the Bowl region because of Christmas/Christmas eve and being gone for 4 days after that. Screenshots are in the spoiler.

hMbbk.png

nppRV.png

5wELE.png

4tQyX.png

NoMPW.png

Warty fu!! :P

Aww hell no! :P I shall beat you :xd:

OMG IT'S A CLONE

2crtvsm.png

I've missed out on at least 40 voyages due mainly to internet connection problems, but I suppose my progress is not bad

34skxf7.png

2q1rvx4.png

Edited by -Leaf-

Worth staring pop with just 90 herb?

Better to start now than when you have all the stats and are way, way behind

bad luck recently

2sbo1o3.png

fk877k.png

Anyone have any interesting captain screenies (such as the two capts with identical names I posted above)? I remember seeing an image where the captain had the word "the" in his name twice. I'm curious to see what other oddities the random name generator might come up with.

To date, everything in 1 screenie

Found u another The the captain in there somewhere too Leaf

port1801.png

Edited by Bwauder

To date, everything in 1 screenie Found u another The the captain in there somewhere too Leaf

118K chimes...how?

I buy black market every day no matter what & never skip missions - unless they're a captain trait when all captains already have 4, chimes build up fast in high scythe/bowl.

That screens about POP look awesome, I don't have any requiment (how I spell) for it now, that's the reason I want 90 and maybe 99 fishing. :)

I'm interested in keeping this thread going!

I just made it to the Bowl a few days ago and it's seems quite odd how weak the ship upgrades are, especially compared to the updated crew. Some of the ship upgrades only raise the stats by a few hundred and they're expensive while the crew will boost by about 500 per crew member once they're up to level 7. And in just a few days, I've had enough jade to get over half my crew replaced. Now I've jumped back to Scythe to level them up for a day or two.

I think I'm doing decent, even if I'm behind many others. I only have the Whaler to work with so when I realized he brings the plates, I switched to the plate scrolls. I play conservatively, but I've also only failed 4-ish missions and haven't lost a crew member.

Can you still get easier trade goods special missions if you choose the easier areas? As you move into harder areas it seems like you get more trade goods but the missions are harder, i.e. staying in the easier area would just mean you don't get as many trade goods. Is that correct?

My stuff:

logec.png

resourcesj.png

scrollsi.png

crewc.png

Can you still get easier trade goods special missions if you choose the easier areas? As you move into harder areas it seems like you get more trade goods but the missions are harder, i.e. staying in the easier area would just mean you don't get as many trade goods. Is that correct?

Not sure what you're trying to say.

Continuing to do voyages from a region below your max causes you to gain only half the distance you would have gotten. Ideally you would rush to Pincers by only doing highest available missions and never looking back until you're there and distance no longer matters.

Adventurers will only give you voyages from the highest region. However, you can manipulate barmaid tip to be in a lower region.

I found all of this out the hard way.

fan32v.png

How fitting that Yelps is covering the text "The Troll Face"...

Edited by -Leaf-

Still only 2 adventurers :/ But I'm quite happy with my progression :) 21% to pincer!

UV8oOyO.png

Also already made and sold a scrimshaw. For like 2M. Terrible ><

My port has been coming along nicely. I made it into the pincers region a couples days ago. I have made around 6.5m off selling scrimshaws.

popem.png

I got into the pincer region recently too. Not going so well, lost a whole night of voyages. *facedesk*

Been testing out the superior rock crushing scrimshaw recently. I get about 125Kxp/hr mining gold at the lrc with juju pots, lava titan and varrock armor, master aura and ofc scrimshaw. For those who don't know, you can switch the scrimshaw on and off, so you can extend the training time with it beyond the 4 hours.

Nice work Dei Wei ! Efficient too I imagine.

My progress below will prolly make you cringe at the ineffiency, ha ha..

36925531.png

But I finally have some scrolls. but no lacquer

I pretty much maxed my port a few weeks ago. Now's a good a time as any to show my port. Distance caps at 1.5m.

11bm5xf.png

Edited by -Leaf-