Sal's RuneScape Forum
Codehead

Leveling up magic

Question

Hello Everyone:

What is the quickest way to level up magic?

Thanks!

17 answers to this question

It's a more complex question than that. It depends on what level you are, whether you are a freeplayer or a member, how much cash you want to spend, etc.

You can get over 400k magic exp/hr at dagganoths and over 300 crimson charms per hour.

For this you'll be using rock/bloodfire barrage to kill the dagganoths.

You will want to use void mage and a wand with momentum.

If you use soulsplit you should use rock barrage as the dagganoths are weak to earth spells if not use blood barrage.

You will want to prayer renewals as using soulsplit can drain your prayer quickly.

You should use momentum as the multi opponent hit doesn't work with abilities.

You will kill these in the waterbirth island dungeon in the circle as shown on the map.

Using items like the bonecrusher and herbicide will help to clear out drops.

You can pick up drops like the zerker/warrior/archer/farseer helm to sell to cover the cost of runes.

waterbirthdungeon.png

Thanks, Dei. Which wands have momentum though? And by prayer renewals do you mean using prayer pots? And why Waterbirth instead of under the lighthouse? Thanks!

All wand have momentum use the best you can afford. Momentum is a Hitpoints ability.

Use prayer renewals and prayer pots you will need a combination of these to keep your prayer up.

You use waterbirth island rather than the lighthouse because all the dagganoths in the area I suggested are melee dagganoths, while the dagganoths under the lighthouse are a combination of melee and ranged.

1) By wand, do you mean staff?

2) What do you mean by prayer renewals...visiting an altar? If yes, where is the closest one?

3) I've never used the bone crusher or herbicide. What exactly do they do?

Thanks!

1) By wand, do you mean staff?

2) What do you mean by prayer renewals...visiting an altar? If yes, where is the closest one?

3) I've never used the bone crusher or herbicide. What exactly do they do?

Thanks!

1) By wand, he means wand. All tiers of magic equipment now have a Wand to go along with them as of EoC. Get the highest tier Wand available for you.

2) Prayer Renewals are an alternate Prayer restoration potion that restore prayer over time.

3) Bone crusher automatically buries bone drops and gives you experience. Herbicide automatically cleans grimy herb drops, gives experience, and destroys the resulting herb. Both are Dungeoneering rewards, in case you didn't know (even if you did know, just know that I was trying to avoid having to type more)

Edited by Amber Pyrilmas

The reason why you use wand over a staff is the fact that wands cast spells at a greater rate than staffs and thus benefit more from momentum. If you are looking for a reasonable wand a master wand is a good place to start, and is currently 1.4m.

All wand have momentum use the best you can afford. Momentum is a Hitpoints ability.

Use prayer renewals and prayer pots you will need a combination of these to keep your prayer up.

You use waterbirth island rather than the lighthouse because all the dagganoths in the area I suggested are melee dagganoths, while the dagganoths under the lighthouse are a combination of melee and ranged.

Demon horn necklace and Bonecrusher mean you don't need any form of prayer restoration potion whatsoever (even with SoulSplit and Anguish constantly). I've been camping there for the last few days, with void (subjugation and hati paws now). The xp/hr is great, and as Dei said you also get a great rate of charms. That's mainly the reason I am there; just got yak. Oh, been using Rock Barrage btw.

The use of Detonation can deal some really good damage too, but don't count on that, or abilities primarily for xp

Where do I get the herbicide?

You purchase it for 34K dungeoneering tokens. When you purchase it, make sure to inspect it and select the herbs you wish to destroy when dropped by a monster for the bonus xp

Where do I get the herbicide?

3) Bone crusher automatically buries bone drops and gives you experience. Herbicide automatically cleans grimy herb drops, gives experience, and destroys the resulting herb. Both are Dungeoneering rewards, in case you didn't know (even if you did know, just know that I was trying to avoid having to type more)

I know I used to make around 80K+ xp/hour at fungal magis + like 400K+ profit per hour.

But since you wanna do the expensive way :-)

This method is not too expensive. It costs 500k per hour minus the drops you get, depending on your luck it won't cost you very much to level your magic.

I know I used to make around 80K+ xp/hour at fungal magis + like 400K+ profit per hour.

Where are fungal magi at?

Where are fungal magi at?

They are in the Polypore Dungeon.

Edited by Dei Wei

Note that I said used. Don't blame me if you don't make that much profit :P But you could switch between both of these methods, perhaps?

Edited by iGoone