Jump to content
Sal's RuneScape Forum
Leo

The last person to post here wins

Recommended Posts

On 6/4/2021 at 8:44 PM, Ambo100 said:

wow

Obligatory, and thematic, "You are not prepared!".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. :ice:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Quote

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. :ice:

Beer!.thumb.png.89f6a906f113f3a0a4c38a635b2c52b4.png

Edited by Vizjerei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm discovered a bar last saturday that has almost all local spontaneous fermentation sour ales

omnomnom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently leading the workplace betting pool on Euro 2020.

....and England is right on track to topple my lead. Curses. :dry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now we only have 4 cart attendants since: Those 2 New guys didn't show up anymore & someone got Fired.

I now Work 11-8 Wed, Sat & Sun 7-4 Thurs & Fri. I have Saturday Off since I had my cousins coming over here to play Mario Golf Super Rush but they are going out of town for a week. Now I'll probably go watch the Fast & Furious movie :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, Egghebrecht said:

hmm discovered a bar last saturday that has almost all local spontaneous fermentation sour ales

omnomnom

That entire idea has been on my mind recently. I have to get replacement photo identification to be able to buy alcohol again, and nothing beats something bitter, strong and freshly dispensed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaoss said:

Anyone read the Wheel of Time? Just finished book 2... WOW

until book 8 or 9 and I gave up

the guy makes a compelling world

BUT

that all his kids from that village are suddenly the best and most powerful mages ever(all girls) and every guy is super mega magical 

and the fact that writes romantics and sex like a 13 year old who never kissed and can't get past sexist dumb stereotypes like from 80ies teenage sitcoms

kinda turned me oof so much I gave up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Egghebrecht said:

until book 8 or 9 and I gave up

the guy makes a compelling world

BUT

that all his kids from that village are suddenly the best and most powerful mages ever(all girls) and every guy is super mega magical 

and the fact that writes romantics and sex like a 13 year old who never kissed and can't get past sexist dumb stereotypes like from 80ies teenage sitcoms

kinda turned me oof so much I gave up

 

but ta'veren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Chaoss said:

but ta'veren

it's been 15 years since I read it

It is the book that made me give up on fantasy for fantasy's sake

 

and yes I am a literature snob, I know, but I really want it better written

and frankly many D&D Forgotten Realms books are much better written smut fantasy, with a same level of compelling world because the world is made by a team
and the world builders aren't the same guys as the writers (they are for a bit, but don't read his, he ain't that good a writer either)

 

and now i am wondering wether you will share my vew on this series after you read through it or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2021 at 4:21 PM, Egghebrecht said:

it's been 15 years since I read it

It is the book that made me give up on fantasy for fantasy's sake

 

and yes I am a literature snob, I know, but I really want it better written

and frankly many D&D Forgotten Realms books are much better written smut fantasy, with a same level of compelling world because the world is made by a team
and the world builders aren't the same guys as the writers (they are for a bit, but don't read his, he ain't that good a writer either)

 

and now i am wondering wether you will share my vew on this series after you read through it or not

Will update you in.... a couple years. Once I finish book 3 I have a long line of others to get back to. These have been my first real fantasy books since I was a kid, so it's a nice deviation from my standard reading fare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2021 at 10:21 PM, Egghebrecht said:

now i am wondering wether you will share my vew on this series after you read through it or not

Well, having just played The Banner Saga on your recommendation, and enjoyed it a lot, I can safely say that your view deserves to be listened to.

Heck, that game made me buy the other two games immediately. I just found it to be a great game that got me engaged and interested in both story and gameplay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yuanrang said:

Well, having just played The Banner Saga on your recommendation, and enjoyed it a lot, I can safely say that your view deserves to be listened to.

Heck, that game made me buy the other two games immediately. I just found it to be a great game that got me engaged and interested in both story and gameplay. 

that story is so good

and indeed while the gameplay is fairly basic boardgame ish it is the good kind of boardgame ish

I like the challenge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Egghebrecht said:

that story is so good

and indeed while the gameplay is fairly basic boardgame ish it is the good kind of boardgame ish

I like the challenge 

I tried to piece together the story and the world in between the chapters, and before I realised, I was at the end. When a game makes you want more, it has achieved something special. :tongue: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2021 at 9:43 PM, Yuanrang said:

I tried to piece together the story and the world in between the chapters, and before I realised, I was at the end. When a game makes you want more, it has achieved something special.

it ain't the end, there's 2 more

also, the artwork is great, I love it when low budget games take the high quality drawings, low on animation route

the old school basic animation style is still great if you do it well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2021 at 2:37 PM, Egghebrecht said:

it ain't the end, there's 2 more

also, the artwork is great, I love it when low budget games take the high quality drawings, low on animation route

the old school basic animation style is still great if you do it well

Yeah, I bought the two other games and I will get to them soon.

I think there is a lot of charm to old school styles of art or animations. I recently played the remasters of Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle, and I loved those, simply because it felt like the good old games, just with more updated visuals.

I think what sets Indie games apart is that they do not have the budgets to create these realistic graphics that is "mind blowing", and realise... sometimes, artistic beauty usually trumps hyper-realism anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Yuanrang said:

Yeah, I bought the two other games and I will get to them soon.

I think there is a lot of charm to old school styles of art or animations. I recently played the remasters of Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle, and I loved those, simply because it felt like the good old games, just with more updated visuals.

I think what sets Indie games apart is that they do not have the budgets to create these realistic graphics that is "mind blowing", and realise... sometimes, artistic beauty usually trumps hyper-realism anyway.

indeed

I installed a bunch of old school point and click adventures through SCUMMVM yesterday. It is astonishing to see how good discworld 2 looks on a 5k display, dunno how they did it but hardly any pixels or anything. Dang

193183672_10159328229326971_711540548321

Edited by Egghebrecht

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time I played those were through SCUMMVM too, which is sad, because those games would be great games to remaster or scale up. If that is how good it looks on a 5K monitor, then yeah, it would be easy to remaster them I think.

A lot of the old school point and click remasters has good behind the scenes commentary tracks, so they go a bit into the process of how they made them originally. I believe one of the Monkey Island remasters went into detail about why old games look so good still, mostly because the art style is an immortal style, that will always mesh well as technology advance.

Either way, goes to show that if you make a game well, it will age well. :ice:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Yuanrang said:

I think there is a lot of charm to old school styles of art or animations. I recently played the remasters of Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle, and I loved those, simply because it felt like the good old games, just with more updated visuals.

Both of those games originally made by LucasArts? I'm looking up Grim Fandango on Wikipedia right now. It says the majority of the gameplay is puzzle based. What is the gameplay like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.